PDA

View Full Version : Red ARC Trooper?

Battle Droid
10-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Saw this at www.yakface.com

http://home.comcast.net/~jawenig/ToyPics/ArcTrooperVariation.JPG

LTBasker
10-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Looks custom to me. Is it being passed off as real? (Yakface won't load) Highly unlikely, considering Hasbro changed the Red Battle Droid's insert, I think they would photoshop the blue to red on the insert. Since it is a pivotal character afterall. Also, the Red Clone in the CW cartoon has double blasters not the ARC rifle.

Even though the paintjob looks shoddy...well that could be passed for real but anyways.

JangoFart
10-29-2003, 12:13 PM
I agree - it looks like a sloppy custom.

But, here's hoping Hasbro makes one of its own b/c the red ARC looks quite cool.

J

Battle Droid
10-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Red ARCTrooper VARIATION Found!
October 29, 2003 | 9:10 AM EST | Jason

I don't remember reading about this one, but I was actually
looking for the second series of clone wars figures from the
cartoon this morning and ran accross a couple of cases of
the series 1 that had all the Arc Troopers repainted in red.

Banthaholic
10-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Leave it to Hasbro to make another variation, to get a few more bucks out of collectors.
Here's your $5, may I have another...

Lazer Brain
10-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Hello,
This i my first post, joy! I found the red trooper today at wal-mart, it looks cool enough. i was hoping to find the newer clone wars figures too, but these were a surprise. good luck all.
thanks
LB

LTBasker
10-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Can this be verified by anyone who doesn't have just one post? No offense but it's suspicious.

Kidhuman
10-29-2003, 02:10 PM
If it is true I am gonna leave it on the shelves. I hate variations. Just a ploy to get us to spend more money.

El Chuxter
10-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Given that all the ARC-Troopers in the comics are blue, I think I can pass. I don't think the color scheme looks too good.

JEDIpartner
10-29-2003, 02:39 PM
The colour of the red paint doesn't match the red used on the red Clone Troopers that are still shipping. The red was a little more dayglo and also flat, not glossy. I would think that Hasblah would just use the colour scheme they had going on the original Clone Trooper release rather than find a new "red" to paint the ARC troopers.

bobafrett
10-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, these are real. I found two of them at my Wal-Mart tonight. Then I found a few more in a case with the Yoda, Anakin wave. Just another $4.78 out of my pocket for this variation.

darthzirock
10-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Notice that the skirt is also a darker gray. But, I wonder why the blister insert photo wasn't changed. I think a hoaxer would've done that, so I believe they are real.

Hey, bobafrett, can you post pix of yours, either carded or opened? If you still have it on the card, can you get the cardback pic, too?

bobafrett
10-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I'll see if I can get a good clear shot. I usually don't shoot things up close, as cameras I have owned in the past have blurred if you get to close to the item you are trying to capture. We'll see how well my new camera works.

bobafrett
10-30-2003, 09:19 AM
Okay, the images are a little dark, but I was afraid the flash would hit the bubble, so I shut it off.

darthzirock
10-30-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks, bobafrett! Well, I'm convinced these things are real now. Not sure if I'll buy one even if I can find it, but I'm surprised that Hasbro didn't even bother with changing the insert photo or changing the figure's name ... technically, this is a Clone Trooper Captain.

Kidhuman
10-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Great, they are real. WHo knows. If I see one and nothing else I need, I might get one. But will they make green and yellow too?

LTBasker
10-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Probably not, I think the reason why they made Red is because it's gonna be featured quite a bit in the cartoon. In the comics theres like 3-4 Blues and 1 Red ARC I think I heard.

bobafett07728
10-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Hmmm. . . wonder if these will show up in the Bonus Packs as well? Doubtful, but you never know. Maybe I'll stumble across one over the weekend, and pick it up. I'm hoping it shows up in a Bonus Pack, that is how I bought Wave 1 so far. . . that single pack will be the odd-man-out.

JangoFart
10-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Whelp, I was wrong. They are the real deal. I found a few at Wal-Mart today. The paint job is still sloppy, however. Not that I'm fussing too much b/c I like it and glad they were made; just a sloppy paint job.

J

JEDIpartner
10-30-2003, 01:28 PM
wow! freak out, man!!! :eek:

sith_killer_99
10-30-2003, 03:28 PM
wow! freak out

Le freak, tres' chic.

DarthChuckMc
10-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Share the wealth people! I'd gladly buy or trade with some of you guys.

kool-aid killer
10-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Im picking one up whenever i see it. I have a feeling it wont be in a bonus pack but that would be cool if it was. Did these come in the Anakin and Yoda wave or in the newer clone wars wave?

Obi-Dan Kenobi
10-30-2003, 11:11 PM
I think it looks cool. I'll definitely get one, at least. I love army builder variations. I think it will look great among my other clones.:D

JangoFart
10-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Im picking one up whenever i see it. I have a feeling it wont be in a bonus pack but that would be cool if it was. Did these come in the Anakin and Yoda wave or in the newer clone wars wave?

As far as I could tell, they shipped with the newer wave. I say that because Durge, Asajj, and Mace were also on the pegs with them. But, that's just an ed-ja-ma-kated guess on my part.

J

bobafrett
10-30-2003, 11:26 PM
I don't know, the ones I saw were in the case with the Anakin, and Yoda. Maybe they're packing in with both shipments?

Tycho
10-31-2003, 02:51 AM
Let's get something straight about the comics fellows:

There were only 3 Alphas (that were trained as ARC Troopers) shown in the comic "Attack on Kamino."

2 were killed by destroyer droids. The remaining one has been running under the command of General Kenobi ever since.

There has only been 1 appearing in the comics at this point. He is never mentioned in the novels thus far.

It is possible, he trains more of his own Clones to be ARC Troopers as his value is seen by the Republic.

So the CW cartoon, which takes place closer to a year after "Attack on Kamino," might decide that this is how more ARC Troopers came into being.

The other thing is that maybe during the Separatists raid on Kamino, Lama Su only had time to activate 3 out of (how many?) ARC Troopers there might have been.

Others were taken out of stasis later?

Hopefully, they'll explain it. However, none have worn red thus far. Only Lt. rank of blue. If the ARC Trooper Obi-Wan works with is promoted, then he might be the only "new" ARC Trooper to wear red, as a Captain. Makes you think then he ought to be wearing yellow as the Commander. But oh well...

jedi master sal
10-31-2003, 08:56 AM
I think I have to slightly disagree on the rank of the ARC troopers thus far.

Just the "Blue" one mind you.

My disagreement is thus-ARC Troopers are Clones the LEAST tampered with. They even more than the Yellow Clones are independent(sp?) thinkers.

Anyway, that fact alone sets them apart from the other clones. Notice how the ARC trooper from the comice is a leader. You don't see RED or YELLOW clones ordering him around. He barely takes order from the Jedi. I think Clones seeing the uniform or an ARC trooper know they are something more special and therefore higher in rank. Also the "Blue" of the ARC is not the same as the Blue of the LT Clonetrooper. It's more a grayish-blue.

Now of course with the advent of the RED ARC Trooper, hopefully this will be clarified in either the cartoon or comics as to the proper rank structure. But I still hold to the fact that the ARC's are more like Jango than the rest of the clones and enjoy a seperate/special rank structure.

Val Da Car
10-31-2003, 01:52 PM
well my only issue is that I think the Red ARC trooper has both the RED skirt and RED paltroons....(shoulder thingy).

I painted a set way better (both in color & straight lines) that I will post the picture tonight.

The paint job is also sloppy.

SirSteve
10-31-2003, 03:33 PM
News on this has just been updated...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29693

Tycho
10-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Why did they make this change?

The blue one is correct, based on Comic Books.

I take it the red one will be more prominant in the cartoons?

Did you get any more info dealing with answers to questions like that?

Vegeta Jr
10-31-2003, 04:04 PM
I think that the cartoon show won't seamlessly fit into the Clone Wars timeline because they probably think they need to change it some to keep the watchers' interest.

BTW, I read somewhere that the ARC Troopers only had growth acceleration and no other changes in their genetic code and the Kaminoans figured out that the ARC's didn't like taking orders all that much so they put them into cyberostasis and started making Clones that were more obedient, like the ones in AOTC.

Beast
10-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Vegeta Jr, here's a couple good sites with info about the ARC CloneTroopers. :)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/arctroopers/eu.html

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20030508arctrooper

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
10-31-2003, 09:45 PM
I repainted my own original grey ARC trooper after seeing the crappy paint job in Wal Mart today...

Also in the WM figure the skirt is still grey...my first custom....

DarthChuckMc
10-31-2003, 10:50 PM
Well, folks...these ALREADY made it to FLORIDA! I just picked some up. I just had THAT feeling I needed to go to Walmart, and darn it all, if they were there.

bobafrett
11-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Well, folks...these ALREADY made it to FLORIDA! I just picked some up. I just had THAT feeling I needed to go to Walmart, and darn it all, if they were there.

Oh, so now what, you don't want to trade me anymore? :cry: J/K :D That's cool. I bought two with the intentions of opening one. Just no room to display him right now.

Tycho
11-01-2003, 02:28 AM
Nice custom. It does look good.

But are the skirts supposed to be colored, too? Or is that just your preference?

Val Da Car
11-01-2003, 02:18 PM
In the CW promo that is downloadable from theforce.net it looks like either a red skirt or red trimmed skirt but I prefer the entire package to match.

btw
Thanks
Tycho

the repaint in the store is only red on the head and shoulders and the wrong hue compared to the CW promo

El Chuxter
11-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Well, despite my original misgivings, when I found this bad boy on the shelf this morning, I couldn't pass him up.

It looked like all the ARC's in the latest case at Wal-Mart are red.

jedi master sal
11-04-2003, 09:57 AM
I like the opportunity for variance. I too will paint the "skirt" (though I prefer to say KILT) red instead of leaving it that light blue-ish-grey that it is right now.

Turbowars
11-04-2003, 06:26 PM
I'll take anyones extra Red ARC's!!