PDA

View Full Version : What is the problem, Hasbro?

Anakin2121
10-29-2003, 12:40 PM
What is the freaking PROBLEM?! Here were are at the tail end of October, in the fourth quarter of 2003, very near the end of the year, and I STILL have not seen a Saga figure newer than Pilot Jango or Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. :frus:

This is really getting old.

BFett88
10-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Sorry can't help you there. I've had some great finds.

amidalak
10-29-2003, 02:05 PM
everything has been popping up around me, but if distribution problems are that bad for you, why not try one of the e-tailers? i use kebco's one of every fig club, they are reasonably priced and no hunting, but ordering by the case from some of the other online shops can be affordable, too. if things are that bad in your area, you might want to try some of these options.
this really isn't hasbro's fault at this point, though, it's the fault of the retailers and their idiotic ordering practices.

bobafrett
10-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Yes, I had just started ordereing through e-tailers, and I have seen a lot of newer stuff out. And to think my brother wants me to move to a small town in Wisconsin where they have 2 wal-marts, about 45 minutes away. I think I'll stay with a little more variety of shopping choices.

plasticfetish
10-29-2003, 03:20 PM
...this really isn't hasbro's fault at this point, though, it's the fault of the retailers and their idiotic ordering practices.
Seems to be pretty much the case. The only retail spot for new figures at this point has been Target. If you aren't near one, you may understandably be out of luck. Though, even Target seems to be taking a very measured approach to putting out new figures ... a new case maybe once a week.

Just out of curiosity, what part of the planet are you on and what stores do you have around you?

bobafett07728
10-29-2003, 03:56 PM
I felt the same way up until about a month ago. I started to see Rebel Fleet Troopers and Teebos, then figures from the first two '03 waves, and most recently a Secret Ceremony Padme. Stores are getting new stock in for the holidays, and it seems like some of the figures that I have missed are turning up all over the place. Are they late. . . yes, but at least I'm finally getting them. I say, keep checking, and be patient. If you don't see them by X-mas. . . then you've got a problem. Now. . . if an Ephant Mon would just turn up. . .

thespar
10-29-2003, 09:18 PM
The part that gets my is the fact the have no problems finding the news GI Joe or Transfomers. Around here they all toy store i can walk into and not see a dozen or so of the Unricon is K B Toys, and i can found just about any of the GI Joe figures. But Star Wars if i see any thing is maybe one or two of the firgures.

gsr-jedi
10-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Around here we've got the Emperor/WA-7 wave pretty scarcely. We are overflowing with the Yoda/Ani/Arc trooper Clone Wars wave, so if anybody wants these, I'll try to get some.

Turbowars
10-29-2003, 10:11 PM
What is the freaking PROBLEM?! Here were are at the tail end of October, in the fourth quarter of 2003, very near the end of the year, and I STILL have not seen a Saga figure newer than Pilot Jango or Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. :frus:

This is really getting old.Dude LOL, do you ever go shopping? At least try the weekend mornings at opening. Most of the time you will never find anything after that time.

TheDarthVader
10-29-2003, 11:38 PM
I concur with plasticfetish. If it was not for TARGET, I would not have any newer figures. Every store I go to...nothing new...TARGET is the only place where I have been able to complete 99% of my 2003 collection. Right now, I only lack the newer waves such as the bail organa wave. Today I found Vader Death Star Clash, Maul Theed Hangar Duel, repack Leia, repack Han, and Dannl Faytonni.

JEDIpartner
10-30-2003, 08:16 AM
Target's been stellar for getting the new figures in. If it hadn't been for their "great figure purge" earlier in the year they 'd be just as screwed with inventory as the TRUs and some W*Ms. Stop 'yatching about Hasbro... it's the retailers that you need to gripe about!

bobafrett
10-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Well, when I shop at Target, on occasion I get asked to take a survey online. I do the survey, entering the numbers from my receipt. At the end of each survey they have a box that you can make additional suggestions. I always tell them that I'm a Star Wars fan, and I'd like to see new product out. I'm hoping it helps, as it seems to have done. I also wouldn't mind winning the $1,000.00 dollar shopping spree!

kool-aid killer
10-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Yup, Target seems to be the place to look right now. Mine seem to be bogged down in the clone wars wave right now. The second Geonosian council screen scene doesnt look to be very popular either. But keep checking something is bound to show up one day or another.

Anakin2121
10-31-2003, 09:28 AM
I've frantically searched numerous stores like KB, Target, and TRU in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, and generally found old Saga trash from last year. I HAVE seen the Clone Wars figures here and there, but I don't give a flying crap about those anyway. :frus:

InsaneJediGirl
10-31-2003, 09:28 AM
Stuff has started to show around here..slowly,but Target is the best way to go.They seem to actually know how to distribute and place stock,along with clearancing out the stagnat stuff.

amidalak
10-31-2003, 11:36 AM
I've frantically searched numerous stores like KB, Target, and TRU in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, and generally found old Saga trash from last year. :frus:

anakin2121, if things are this bad in your area, go with an e-tailer. i actually sat down and figured up my costs for going out and hunting for toys before i joined the one of every fig club, and after it was all said and done by joining the club i break a little better than even, including shipping! i didn't even factor in time, just my gas going to all the stores i used to shop. sounds like this might be the best option for you.