PDA

View Full Version : Opryland '78

darth maul rat
10-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey

I am asking for a bit of help from some of you old-timers like me. I remember back in (I think) 1978 the gone but not forgotten Opryland in Tennessee had a big Star Wars based promotion that involved a laser-space show (as they called it in the TV ad). I remember the show was on a movie screen and at the end had some elements from ANH in it. I also remember it featured "Bicycle" by Queen. I was just wondering if anyone else remembers this.

Also, I remember that the day we were there, they had this big raffle, and the big prize in it was the Star Wars board game. Thinking back, it's funny now, because they could have had gold bars in the raffle and people were more excited over 5-7 dollar game. I remember they even took a picture of the girl who won because there was so much excitement over the thing. I remember being bummed because I didn't win it. But hey, I was only 8 at the time. I was allowed. I was a very loud.

Anyway, quick trip down memory lane from an long-time SW fan. I wanted to see if it jogged any memories.

-dmr (Jim)