PDA

View Full Version : NIP/TUCK on FX

Turambar
10-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is a fan of that show I just can't get enough of.
Now that the first season has concluded I can say that no tv show has ever had a hold on me like this. The acting and writing are spectacular with each episode blowing me away.

I guess I just love how original this show is. Most shows present things in black & white -- here is the good guy you cheer for and this is the bad guy you root against. Nip/Tuck seemed to start that way with Dylan Walsh as the good guy surgeon and Julian McMahon as the bad guy, but as the stories developed, you see that Walsh's Dr McNamara isn't all that good and McMahon's Dr Troy has a lot of reasons for the bad things he does. In other words there is no black & white, it is all GRAY! The marital problems, work problems, and so on are all played off so brilliantly in such a way that you don't know if you should root for the character or be glad that they got what they deserved.

I think this follow's in FX's line of ground-breaking shows such as the ill-fated but great Son of the Beach and the award winning The Shield. IMO Nip/Tuck surpasses what was done with The Shield and deserves some Emmy's.

Anyone else have their 2 cents about the show?

THE Slayer
11-02-2003, 04:00 PM
What happened in the last 15 minutes or so of the season finale.. I myself was not 'hooked' but my friend was and her tivo went out and cut off the last 15 minutes of the finale... I have seen it and wish I could have caught a couple more eps to judge it properly.

sith_killer_99
11-02-2003, 07:28 PM
I love this show, it's my guilty pleasure. I will buy it on DVD, if and when they release it. :D

evenflow
06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Well i had bought the first season on DVD, bought it blind. I finally watched and really enjoyed it. I am planning on buying season 2 on August 30th, my question is will there be a season 3?

OC47150
06-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Yes, there is a new season in the works. As to when it will start, I don't know.

I couldn't get into this show. Just too way out there.

CaptainSolo1138
06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I love "Nip/Tuck". That along with FX's "Rescue Me" are two of the best shows on TV. Sadly, my new cable provider doesn't carry FX. Feel free to share what happens each week with me via post or PM! ;)

evenflow
06-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Can you direct me to info on the planned season? I have heard good things about Rescue Me, but i never watched. Maybe i should check it out/.

OC47150
06-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Can you direct me to info on the planned season? I have heard good things about Rescue Me, but i never watched. Maybe i should check it out/.

FX's website says 'coming soon.'

Julian McMahon was one of the names tossed about as being the next 007, but, early on, JM said he couldn't do it because of his N/T schedule or contract.

evenflow
06-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Cool, i have been trying to search on the FX website, but for some reason it never seems to work for me.

OC47150
06-20-2005, 07:59 AM
I want to say it popped up on the main page. Just a quick teaser, then it flipped to some other FX program.

evenflow
06-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Well I was watching Rescue Me last night, and they had a commercial for Nip / Tuck saying the new season was coming in September.

scruffziller
07-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Man this show is beyond awesome. Stories are great, charachters are strong, music is awesome, women are SUPER HOT!!!!:thumbsup::lipsrsealed:.Unfortunatley I have only had the pleasure of watching it on NETFLIX DVDs. I have not seen season 3 yet so I have not found out who "The Carver" is. I have had people say that Bobbalit should have been The Carver. And I agree, but it would have been too obvious. So I know it wasn't him. But I am psyched for August because that is when Season 3 is out on DVD!!

I love "Nip/Tuck". That along with FX's "Rescue Me" are two of the best shows on TV. Sadly, my new cable provider doesn't carry FX. Feel free to share what happens each week with me via post or PM!

Or better yet get Netflix like me. Cheaper than cable. I canceled my cable package over it.

Sith Lord 0498
07-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Man this show is beyond awesome. Stories are great, charachters are strong, music is awesome, women are SUPER HOT!!!!:thumbsup::lipsrsealed:.Unfortunatley I have only had the pleasure of watching it on NETFLIX DVDs. I have not seen season 3 yet so I have not found out who "The Carver" is. I have had people say that Bobbalit should have been The Carver. And I agree, but it would have been too obvious. So I know it wasn't him. But I am psyched for August because that is when Season 3 is out on DVD!!

Or better yet get Netflix like me. Cheaper than cable. I canceled my cable package over it.

Don't worry...no spoilers here, scruffziller...just a word of caution: Don't get too wrapped up in the Carver identity mystery because you'll likely get let down big (just my humble opinion).

It ruined Season 3 for me. But the rest of the stories are solid...definitely darker than Seasons 1 and 2.