PDA

View Full Version : WAVE 2 CW figures FOUND!

jedi master sal
10-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Whoo-hoo!

Second wave of clone wars single carded figures hit shelves in Pittsburgh last night!

I found all four.

Obi-wan
Mace
Durge
Asaaj Ventress

The best part is they were found at Wal Mart AND they were on sale for $3.87 each! It was like- Buy 3 get one FREE! (That wasn't the sale that's just what it felt like to me. They were indiviually priced at $3.87!)

Reviews (BTW none of these have been opened yet, read on and you'll know why):

Obi-wan: Not bad. His head is a bit skinny though. It doesn't look proportional to the rest of his body. Either that or his shoulders are to big. Rating 3 of 5 (average)

Mace: Nice new color sheme for Jedi robes adds some vitality to this figure. however he has a very quirky smirk on his face. I've known that his head is a ball joint as opposed to the normal type. Since this is still in the package I can't tell yet if I like it or not (the ball joint that is). Not a bad figure either. Rating 3 of 5.

Durge: Hmm, the very anticipated Durge. Well the figure looks pretty goodm but doesn't look like it has alot of articulation. he's pretty big though. The more I see him the more I question his presence in the SW Universe. In his bio on the back of the card it says he's a 2,000 year old bounty hunter. I don't like that personally. I guess I'm biased for Yoda. I like him being the oldest character in SW. (sure there's others but they are EU, just as Durge) Also, curiously on the insert card in the bubble of the package it says Durge is the Commander of the Seperatist forces. That's bunk. He's a hired gun. He joined the seperatists because he hates Mandolorians and the Clones are of Mandolorian blood. About 100 years before the Clone wars, Durge went into hibernation to heal from wounds and torture suffer at the hands of the Mandolorians. When he awoke a century later, he found the Mandolorians to be near extinction. With the advent of the clones however, he had an avenue to exact his revenge. Okay with that- Rating 4 of 5.

Asaaj Ventress: I have really been waiting for this figure. Just the thought of having a truly evil woman in the SW universe is intriging (sp?). Now the figure itself looks pretty good. decent enough articulation. Only gripe so far is that again on the insert card Hasbro calls her a Sith Apprentice. If the "Rule of Two" is in place AND IT IS! Then there can be only two Sith. Sidious is the Master and Dooku the Apprentice. Asaaj has been touted for months to be a Dark Jedi and yet on the back of the card it says she was never trained as a Jedi. What gives? Oh well, the toy is still cool and I can call her what I want, so I my mind she's a Jedi gone bad. Rating 4.5 of 5 (The eyes on mine were a little off and that's been the case of all of the pictures I've seen of this figure to date as well.)

Okay now as to why i haven't opened them yet...
There will be,according to a local toy department manager here in Pittsburgh, (he's a collector as well), another bonus pack of CW figures, but with second wave figures instead of Anakin/Yoda/ARC. Dont' know yet as to what figures will go with which bonus ones.

He showed me a manifest, (I think that's what it's called, that showed new bonus packs), pointing out a different number from the previous set.

So I think this is on the up and up.

Right now as mentioned it only a guess as to what the assortment is though.

But if I had to guess, I'd say

Obi-wan
Mace
Durge

paired with
Green clone (Haven't seen him yet and it woud be cool to have all of the colors in that sculpt variation)
white clone (We need more white ones don't we? Rhetorical question there, of coruse we do!)
Yellow command Red Battle droid (Nice touch if it happens. Afterall there was one in EPII so it's not off the beaten path for Hasbro to make.)

With the rumored RED ARC trooper being out, it's possible that that figure could be used as either the main packin or the bonus. Again though these are just guesses so take them with a grain of salt.

bobafrett
10-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Yes, I got the 4 new clone war figures last week. I really like them, and I picked up the "rumored" Red ARC trooper last night (photos on "Red ARC trooper" thread).

Sith Lord 0498
10-30-2003, 06:48 PM
I also found the entire second wave of CW figures and opened them as well. Durge is, by the far, the BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT of this assortment. He has next to no articulation and doesn't stand very well on his own. He has basic up and down articulation in the arms and legs (no wrist or ankle joints) and his neck moves. That's about it. The deluxe Durge is the far better version. Mace and Obi-Wan are average, and Asajj Ventress is the coolest of the lot with lightsaber hilts that connect to each other.

Just as a humorous side note, Mace and Asajj have ball jointed heads and are easily removable. The Mace head looks an awful lot like Aries Spears' impression of the "floating head Shaq" on MAD TV.

keithfite
10-30-2003, 07:14 PM
sith lord 0498. did you find wave 2 at wal mart like the others. Or did you find them somwhere else. and to anyone else who has found them, have you found them anywhere other than a wal mart

Sith Lord 0498
10-30-2003, 10:52 PM
sith lord 0498. did you find wave 2 at wal mart like the others. Or did you find them somwhere else. and to anyone else who has found them, have you found them anywhere other than a wal mart

Yeah, keithfite, I found them at Wal-Mart. Looks like they had two or three cases on the shelves. So far, no one else has them in my area. Toys R Us still has Wave 1, and our brand-new Target, which isn't backlogged with old merchandise, still has Wave 1 as well.

keithfite
10-31-2003, 01:43 AM
thats cool. so everybody is getting there wave 2 from wal mart. It seems thats where everyone is finding them. The only thing I have to go on that they are showing up anywhere else is I called TRU asking for durge or ventress. The guy said he didnt have them but they had had obi wan.

aceguide
10-31-2003, 04:39 PM
I found all 4 today at Wal Mart as well. I like the looks of all of them.

darthzirock
11-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Found my Wave 2 figures at Wally-World, too, just yesterday (11/2/2003). They weren't on sale, though--regular, $4.77 price. (Hey, weren't they supposed to chop these things down to $4.54 awhile back???)

Got a phone call from a fellow collector around 8PM saying they had about 6 each of Durge, Asajj Ventress, Mace Windu, and Obi-Wan when he had left. Plus, they had more blue ARCs and corrected-saber Yodas. Oh, and they still had the same 5 Saga figures (2 Jedi research droid 2-packs, Lama Su w/ Clone Boy, Padme Factory Chase, and Jango Fett pilot) that have been rotting on the pegs since early this year. So, by the time I got over there (just a lil less than an hour later, because I was watching The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horrors XIV and it was delayed by football), they only had 1 Durge left, 3 Asajj, 3 Obi-Wan, and 5 Mace! Well, I snagged all 3 Asajj, the lone Durge, 2 Obi-Wan, and 2 Mace--plus an extra Yoda, because all of mine are paint-error saber ones.

Yes, the Asajj figure is very sweet! Her removable ball-jointed head allows you to remove her cape, too! I was very surprised by Durge's limited articulation. Mace has a ton of articulation on his arms--ball-jointed shoulders and ball-jointed elbows, with cuts at each wrist. Also, that skirt thing comes off so you can stick him in a Jedi Starfighter. Best very yet of Mace's lightsaber, too! Obi-Wan has the too-skinny head, and his shoulders are regular, cut-joints; so are his elbows (no wrist articulation).

Overall, I'm very happy with all of these except Durge. Hopefully, I'll get to my Target later today and they'll have Durge in (so I can keep one on the card), as well as the deluxe Durge w/ Speederbike and Clone Trooper w/ Speederbike.

darthzirock
11-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Overall, I'm very happy with all of these except Durge. Hopefully, I'll get to my Target later today and they'll have Durge in (so I can keep one on the card), as well as the deluxe Durge w/ Speederbike and Clone Trooper w/ Speederbike.

My Target has not had ANY of the single-carded CW figures in all week, during the $3.99 sale. For some reason, they are getting case after case of Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee, Decapitated Tusken Raider, Lama Su & Clone Boy, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Imperial officer, and Red Battle Droids!!! :confused:

Well, at least I got to pick up 3 more Aaylas and another Barriss. :D

amidalak
11-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Obi-Wan has the too-skinny head, and his shoulders are regular, cut-joints; so are his elbows (no wrist articulation).

cw obi doesn't have ball jointed shoulders? AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

darthzirock
11-07-2003, 01:43 AM
cw obi doesn't have ball jointed shoulders? AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Yeah, Obi-Wan got treated pretty badly in the articulation department. And that pencil-necked, skinny-headed sculpt is just such a shame. Obi-Wan gets no respect, I tell you!

amidalak
11-07-2003, 02:00 AM
Obi-Wan gets no respect, I tell you!

i just want one good approx. ep 2 obi, that's all, i don't care if it's cw, saga, whatever, just one really good, bearded, mullet wearing obi-wan!

mm74md
11-07-2003, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=Sith Lord 0498]The deluxe Durge is the far better version.[QUOTE]

I have to agree. I love the deluxe Durge!!!

TheDarthVader
11-07-2003, 05:01 PM
I have not found any wave 2 clone wars in my area. :( I am looking to get just the ventress. I do not collect clone wars but Ventress is a cool figure. How often do we get a female figure? Not often.

keithfite
11-07-2003, 06:57 PM
I cant find wave 2 anywhere in Ohio. Its driving me mad. I do have to say however that I really like these clone wars figures. It seems everyone is just finding them at wal-mart. Has anyone found them somewhere else yet? Also since we are talking new clone wars figures, how many of you found the red ARC, and where did you find it?

darthzirock
11-07-2003, 11:41 PM
I cant find wave 2 anywhere in Ohio. Its driving me mad. I do have to say however that I really like these clone wars figures. It seems everyone is just finding them at wal-mart. Has anyone found them somewhere else yet? Also since we are talking new clone wars figures, how many of you found the red ARC, and where did you find it?

I haven't seen wave 2 anywhere but WM. Target was supposed to have them this week during their $3.99 sale, but only had old Saga figures (which were also only $3.99, so I picked up extras of Yoda & Chian, Barriss Offee, and Aayla Secura for customizing). On Wednesday, they got one case of CW wave 1, with the grey-deco ARC Troopers. With only one more day in this sale to go, tomorrow I'm getting rainchecks for 2 of each CW wave 2 figure, plus the Bail Organa wave of Saga.

TRU here has had nothing but CW wave 1, with the blue-deco ARC Troopers. KB has had only the wave 1 value-packs. K-Mart only gets in the CW Deluxes, and they've got three pegs loaded with nothing but the Battle Launcher, then even more pegs with 18-month-old Saga figures that are so dust-encrusted they'd make great tomb-stuffer props for Indiana Jones IV!

Kidhuman
11-19-2003, 09:52 AM
I found all of wave 2 at wal-mart yesterday. I actulally got the Mace. Thought it I wouldnt but what the hay, looked better than the pics. Asajj was nice. So was Durge. Obi rocked the house.

JetsAndHeels
11-19-2003, 06:07 PM
All of wave 2 was here at my Wal Mart today. I picked up Asajj because I think she's the best one out of the bunch. I will probably get Durge over the weekend since they had about 5 or 6 as opposed to the 1 Asajj I got.

amidalak
11-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Got my wave two from kebco yesterday, asajj is pretty good, durge is average, mace's bobblehead bugs me, and obi wan is a huge disappointment. ball jointed shoulders and less of a "i just finished a dance routine" stance would have made him a great figure, as is, eh, i could have passed on this one (except i'm in the one of every fig club!) here's hoping the outlander club obi wan will be satisfactory.

keithfite
11-21-2003, 10:42 PM
I found clone wars wave 2 at my wal mart. They didnt have Durge. I got Asajj, Obi, and mace. I liked all of them alot. Mace and his lightsaber rule. and ventress is great. I have seen Durge and think he rules. I was also told my kebco shipment is coming with wave 2. So they are in stores and they are shipping the kebco shipment. Also. to anyone who hasnt found them or had them pre ordered anywhere, Kebco has wave 2 in stock and Durge speeder and wave 1 clone wars and it says they have red ARC. I dont know if they have any of those left though

Turbowars
11-22-2003, 05:24 PM
I found the remains of wave 2 at Target yesterday. I picked up Obi, and Mace, but no sign of the other 2, what a surprise:rolleyes: . They must have put out about 3 cases, because there was about 7 Mace's and 4 Obi's. I hate no being able to shop on the weekdays at opening:mad: .

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Keithfite- Patience fellow Ohioan, i found CW wave 2 at every Meijer store i hit last night in the dayton area, so they're making their rounds!! :D

plasticfetish
11-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Saw a little of this stuff last week, but saw a lot of it this morning. So ... it's coming. Deluxe Durge seems to be a bit rare right now. Saw 2 of them a week or so ago (sadly, I decided to hold off at the time) but I'm not seeing any now. I'm passing on the regular carded version, though it does seem to be harder to find than the other 3 figures.

BTW, I would say that Asajj is by far the best of this bunch. Obi-Wan is kind of lame, Mace is OK but not great ... but, Asajj is super. Perhaps one of the better (best?) female figures that we've been given.

Lazer Brain
11-24-2003, 02:37 PM
found wave 2 today in san antonio, ventress looks very nice.
hope to get a extra durge,so i can put his jet pack on the deluxe figure.
later