PDA

View Full Version : So Is Boba Fett in the movie?

Tycho
10-30-2003, 04:10 PM
I'd be disappointed if Boba Fett is not in E3.

I'd expect a kid, about 14-15 being played by Daniel Logan.

Anyone heard anything?

I just want to see him get some payback on the Jedi for taking his father out.

I want to know those braids are actually dead padawans'.

I want to see where the cloak comes from: is it Grevious'?

They started something with Fett, I think they should continue it.

jedi master sal
10-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I agree man. To back it up a bit though... I don't think Boba should have been in the prequels at all, but now that is so, Lucas just has to do something to tie it together. The big question ...Why is Boba known as the Best Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy?

I still think having a hand in killing Mace serves the purpose quite well and tie's that into his revenge for his "father's" death at the hands or should I say saber of Mace.

Tycho
10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I agree man. To back it up a bit though... I don't think Boba should have been in the prequels at all, but now that is so, Lucas just has to do something to tie it together. The big question ...Why is Boba known as the Best Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy?

I still think having a hand in killing Mace serves the purpose quite well and tie's that into his revenge for his "father's" death at the hands or should I say saber of Mace.

I'd agree. And a while ago, one of our forums guys suggested that Mace disappears, proving to Yoda and Obi-Wan that it can be done.

But spoiler indicators now point to Anakin and Palpatine killing Mace, and Fett having nothing to do with it. Lucas is missing an opportunity here... Fett has history with Master Windu...

Yoda'sMaster
10-30-2003, 08:56 PM
I'de also like to see a scene with anakin and boba side by side. And if possible to find out the history on the line "...and no disintegrations."

tagmac
10-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Not to mention the fact that Boba is the one person who could question Vader in ESB without getting choked ("What if he doesn't survive....he's worth a lot to me..")....definitely some kind of history there. Both lost his only parent..perhaps something is built off of that.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2003, 08:54 AM
I've not heard anything about Boba being in the film. Daniel Logan stopped by the set to say "hello" because he was in the area and that was it. I don't believe that Boba will be seen in this film... at all.

Pendo
10-31-2003, 09:25 AM
I want Boba to kill Mace! They kinda set up a revenge thing in AOTC when Mace kills Jango, so by not showing Boba get his revenge, or even atempt revenge, him watching his father's death in Clones is pointless.

I also want to see Boba in full gear (although his armor probably wont fit him yet) so that in Episode IV when he walks on screen, we instantly know it's him, and he means trouble :).

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2003, 07:29 PM
I'd like for him to kill Mace, but I doubt a 13-year-old could kill the second most powerful Jedi. And besides, in ANH, you can think "Hey, that looks like Jango! Wait . . . maybe it's Boba . . . guess I'll have to wait for the next movie to find out!"

2-1B
11-07-2003, 01:21 AM
JohnL, how can we find out in ESB when they don't even say his name ? :confused:

Well, I guess Slave I might give us a clue. :D

TheDarthVader
11-07-2003, 03:57 PM
A young kid is not going to kill Mace Windu. I will put money on that! I wouldn't want to see a youngster kill one of the greatest jedi ever. Just my opinion.

Pendo
11-08-2003, 05:11 AM
Perhaps is Anakin defeats Mace and he is so beaten up he can't defend himself. Then leaves him for Boba who puts a gun to his head and blows the mother away. That's how I want to see it :D.

PENDO!

Tycho
11-08-2003, 12:43 PM
That's possible. The other thing I thought of was that if Mace was so distracted, so involved in battle, he would not be aware of Boba taking advantage of a sniper's shot of an opportunity.

Originally in RolloTomassi's Prequel Plot Synopsis, we had Mace deliberately leading the bad guys away from Padme, and her child. He's learned that Yoda and Obi-Wan can sense Qui-Gon in the Force, and that it's possible to join with the Force, and so when finally cornered, Mace vanishes into the Force like Obi-Wan did on the Death Star. Mace will reappear as a ghost later, letting Yoda and Obi-Wan know this is possible. Boba Fett will find the empty cloak, prompting Vader (or Anakin) to tell him "No disintigrations!"

Recent spoilers (and this is the spoiler section) paint the picture that Mace takes on Palpatine, and Anakin comes to his aid. Palpatine will reveal his Dark Side Powers in this scene, when Anakin first becomes aware he is in the presence of The Sith. Mace dies in this confrontation.

Depending upon where it takes place, Boba Fett may or may not be around.

In all honesty, the scene is complicated enough with things to think about, as this moment will be a key milestone in Anakin's life, should he have to make a choice to turn against the Jedi here. I don't think Fett should be involved. He's a cool character, but a "B-character" nonetheless. It's not necessary.

But I thought the cloak fett wears might've been Mace Windu's, as Fett wears Jedi braids and Mace has no hair. However, recent descriptions of General Grevious makes me wonder if the cloak is his.

Fett's cloak has always been painted green on toys, and I'm wondering if that's accurate. In the movies, colors can look different, and in Fett's case, his cloak could look a dirty, faded brown or grey also.

But people are right, Fett will be 13-14 years old. So whatever his role is, it'd have to be realistic. However, he is a professionally trained "Clone Trooper" of sorts, so he is capable, and even a 9 year old Anakin made an "uh-oh" a heroic event.

darthzirock
11-08-2003, 12:59 PM
From what I've read at various online sources, as well as in various film mags, Boba Fett's appearance in E3 will amount to little more than a cameo. To date, Fett is not listed in the E3 Character Databank at StarWars.com. It's possible he might even get cut out of the film, although he's not even listed in the film's credits at the entry for E3 at IMDb.com.