PDA

View Full Version : New Super Articulated Clone Trooper

Turbowars
10-31-2003, 12:53 AM
The Super Clone is awesome!! Go to GH to check out proto pic's with the Clone is different poses!!!

Beast
10-31-2003, 01:03 AM
Agreed. That CloneTrooper kicks major booty. I hope that they plan to use the same figure sculpt for to make new Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue CloneTroopers. Very tasty looking figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
10-31-2003, 01:12 AM
Um, what's GH? Sorry, I'm in the "not knowing" section here. Thanks!

Beast
10-31-2003, 01:20 AM
Here's the link. :)

http://members.cox.net/galaxycollectibles/images/sact2.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
10-31-2003, 03:21 AM
Looks great. Unfortunately for me, it means going back to the store every day at 6:30 in the morning until I get 40 of them or something, to have an army stocked up for Episode 3 dioramas.

Not to knock this figure, but I think I'll still get as much of that count from buying 2 and 3 pack Clones as possible.

This one will be best for making Clones standing at attention though, so I'll still need a lot of them.

With past army builders, this is exactly how people got millions of JMPs.

jjreason
10-31-2003, 03:31 AM
Finally, a commtech Stormy quality Clonetrooper. I too hope they'll make them available in the other colours so we can have NCO's with the posablity of the basic soldiers. Either way, these look great.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2003, 08:56 AM
Who knows what's gonna happen with these beyond the "white" stage. I have 4 coming from KEBco and that's all I will need. I never thought I'd be saying "I have too many Clone Troopers!!!" ...yet, I do-- or will.

aceguide
10-31-2003, 08:58 AM
It looks even better than the comtech stormie as he has wrist articulation. Thankfully it appears he can properly hold a blaster.

jedi master sal
10-31-2003, 10:12 AM
It's about danged time Hasbro came out with this. You know they had the technology for this figure from the begining.

(Puts business hat on)
Hmmm, so it seems Hasbro has actually been stringing us along up til now.

First they say only the Preview White clone will be the only white clone to be made. Then the Red clone was going to be the only "Color" clone. Now look!

We have 5 different 3 packs, three different bonus packs, two different clone bikers (who were from a cut scene none-the-less), single carded blue and now RED arc troopers, rumored new bonus packs with wave 2CW figs and clones, and now this one-the super articulated clone.

Hmmm. I think Hasbro played us all quite well.
(Takes off business hat)

I'm not complaining to much mind you, as I know I would have bought all of the variations that have come out, no matter the order in which they came out.

Sheesh, I'm like you Tycho. I'm going to be one army building FOOL! I'm just going to keep buying until my mind says to stop. (That's what usually happens anyway...I buy army builders and then a little spark goes off in my head that says ENOUGH....oh the voices they speak to me...JUST KIDDING folks...or am I MU HU HA HA...)

Anyway, I extremely happy to see this fig being produced. I too wonder if all of the color variations will be made of if it's just the white one.

Kidhuman
10-31-2003, 10:41 AM
Very nice Hasbro. I wonder who the Hasbro spy on the boards is. They seem to be listening quite a bit here.

kool-aid killer
10-31-2003, 11:21 AM
That clone looks very nice. I plan on getting a few to bolster my small army. I wouldnt be suprised if we see this mold used to make other clones such as the green, blue, and yellow. I dont think we need another red at the moment.

JangoFart
10-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Great looking figure. He appears to be one of the rare ones that compel me to buy a couple to open and a couple to keep carded - ala Ephant Mon. (Most of you know that I typically only collect carded.)

Here's hoping they use the same technology to get us the top tier figures with this articulation. I have great images of a super-posed Maul for that guttin'-Qui-Gon-behind-the-back pose, a super-posed EP1 Kenobi for a fight with that super-posed Maul (since they were all acrobatic and such in that fight), and a super-posed Vader for a throw-down with the highly articulated Bespin Luke.

J

Billy_Dee_Binks
11-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Finally, Hasbro produced what we all wanted- not that Hasbro could have done that earlier. That was a good stradegy. First release the Preview one, then mass-produce a commander version, have the collectors kill each other to get a preview version instead, then have the collectors kill each other to get as many commaders as possible as soon as they go on clearance so they can customize lots of armies, then release three packs without articulation so the collectors have something new and now after all these we finally get a really cool armie Clone.

On the poster where this guy first got introduced in the Insider his visor was chrome colored- how it should be.

Only question left: Why not include another weapon. The big rifle he had in the movie as well? Makes no sense only giving him a blaster fewer Clone´s had in the battle.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2003, 01:27 PM
He looks awesome! I need to get a whole crapload of these! Hasbro needs to do this kind of articulation for other army builders and characters with armor (ie Vader, Jango, Boba). Hopefully he'll have the big gun as well.

JEDIpartner
11-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah... that would be nice if they packed in two weapons. It's not like they hadn't done that in the past. *shrug*

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-01-2003, 05:13 PM
That Clone looks SWEET!

RussUAE
11-02-2003, 04:01 AM
Looks great. Unfortunately for me, it means going back to the store every day at 6:30 in the morning until I get 40 of them or something, to have an army stocked up for Episode 3 dioramas.

I thought I read somewhere that the clone trooper/stormtroooper outfits would be different again for Episode 3. That will keep Hasbro going for a while with more army builders after that!

Anyway, I do like this super-art version. Am getting quite a grand army together now, so this one will fit in nicely.

Turbowars
11-02-2003, 12:03 PM
It's about time the pic's show up on the front page.:sur: Yeah I wish Hasbro would go back and do this with the Snowtrooper. I don't arm build, but it's nice to have a few open here or there.

Turambar
11-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Here's hoping this guy will come in all the different colors so I don't have to hunt for 3packs and WM value packs to get the yellow, blue, and green clones.

Tycho
11-02-2003, 03:14 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the clone trooper/stormtroooper outfits would be different again for Episode 3. That will keep Hasbro going for a while with more army builders after that!

Anyway, I do like this super-art version. Am getting quite a grand army together now, so this one will fit in nicely.

I check spoilers, and at the risk of offending spoiler-free crowd here, I'd heard nothing about any change to the Clone's uniforms.

I can only hope, while I stock up conservatively then (on Clone figures).

I can always do an EU scene or offer them for lasting trade power if I'm wrong.

But I doubt they'll change the uniforms and contractors (for the Republic's army) during the middle of the 4 year war.

After 18 years, and time for changes and companies to make improvements, or gain or fall out of favor with the Emperor, well, that explains stormtroopers.

Our Marines and Army today, don't look like our veterans from WWII. Pretty much only the Navy has kept the most of the traditional uniforms.

Beast
11-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Check the front page, Steve updated with new pictures of the super articulated CloneTrooper figure. Looks great, and this figure is gonna turn out to be a pain to find. I really hope they redo them in the various colors. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29717

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3155345072

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

amidalak
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
i wish they would articulate all star wars figs like this, or at least the main characters.

Tycho
11-10-2003, 05:27 PM
First, I didn't know they were coming in a 2-pack! That is great news!

I thought I was going to have to hunt for them in 1 figure blister packages, in quantities of 4 or less, amongst eventual pegwarming Waitress Droids, Outlander Obi-Wans, Imperial Dignitaries, etc. which would clog up the racks after X-mas.

Now, to continue on what must sound like negative crap coming from me of all people, I wished these super-articulated Clones came with their RIFLES, not their blasters. Why??? So I could make marching troops in formations - the real reason I want this army builder (as otherwise the 3-packed Clones would do just fine!)

Now to conclude: I'm really not complaining! This is awesome news (and maybe each Clone would even come with 2 weapons, thus including the rifle - or one with the gun, one with the rifle).

But like a lot of people around here, I'm Clone-Crazy, or Koo-Koo for Clone-Counts! So overall this is good news!

Beast
11-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Tycho, I don't believe they are coming in 2-packs. I believe that it's worded that way, only because the gentlemen selling them on E-Bay is selling them in sets of two figures. And there is a good chance they still could come with rifles, after all we haven't seen them on the actual card yet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Tycho, I don't believe they are coming in 2-packs. I believe that it's worded that way, only because the gentlemen selling them on E-Bay is selling them in sets of two figures. And there is a good chance they still could come with rifles, after all we haven't seen them on the actual card yet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksI was thinking the same thing about the seller selling as a 2 pack. I'm happy they will sell as a basic because I have a hard time finding Deluxe and 2 packs (Value Packs don't exist around here).

Tycho
11-11-2003, 02:02 AM
OK, EntertainmentEarth's new catalog had the case listed:

4 Clones
4 Kit Fisto (ladies' man)
4 SaeSee Tiin (Irish Clan Festival)

The problem with this is how many figures are going to sit as the Army Builder Population wipes this out?

CASE 1 = RACK 1

Collector 1 buys:

4 Clones
1 Kit
1 SaeSee

Collector 2 arrives late and gets

1 Kit
1 SaeSee

CASE 2 is Stocked

RACK 2 =

5 Kits
5 SaeSee

(after Collector 3 comes and buys 4 Clones, and 1 Kit, 1 SaeSee)

CASE 3 is stocked and Collector 2 comes back....

RACK 3 =

9 Kits
9 SaeSee

(all the Clones were bought)

TARGET INVENTORY CONTROL, or WAL-MART SMART SYSTEM SAYS THERE ARE 18 Clone Wars figures in stock, they don't need to order more.

There are no Clone Troopers in the assortment on the racks however.

Hasbro blows another army builder, because take the case above and multiply it out by 4 or 5 cases, per stocking, and you soon have a pegwarming supply of Jedi who dress funny!

No offense to Kit or SaeSee. Kit is sculpted super-cool, and he's just cool anyway. SaeSee is almost identical to his E2 figure, trade out the soft-goods and broken horn (will he have a broken horn in Episode 3? Don't tell me it grows back...) Anyway... like I said, Hasbro blows another army builder:

I'll be at the store at 7:45 am and buy from 5 cases:

20 clones
1 SaeSee (maybe)
2 Kit Fistos (possibly going back for more if my Jedi robe thing works)

I'll be leaving:

19 SaeSees
18 Kits

About 18 collectors, or lucky kids with nice parents, will have to follow me, to keep Clones in circulation.

And I and many others here will want more than even 20 Clones!

(I estimate about 30-40 myself).

Beast
11-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Well, we've seen the SA CloneTrooper figure carded. And unfortunatly he doesn't come with the long rifle after all. Which is a shame. But it's still a sweet figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
11-11-2003, 12:09 PM
I dunno Tycho, it'll probably be just like the first wave with the ARC Trooper. However there are some good things. Saesee and Kit rock, plus Saesae would be bought for his pilot gear for the Green Starfighter.

And all the girls will be buying Ahnold Fisto. :crazed:

I hope Target will have some Arena accessory packs left maybe marked down if I ever get over there, can use the long rifle from that for the SA Clone.

Tycho
11-11-2003, 01:03 PM
SaeSee flies a RED Jedi Starfighter. I saw him in the cartoon.

Red ones are still available for $9.99 at most KBs.

LTBasker
11-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Yeah but how much is the Green Starfighter selling? It could end up helping both. A kid is probably gonna try multiple Jedi in the Starfighter, and find out Saesee fits better with the cloth skirt. Pretty odd Hasbro didn't show any indication about Saesee being a pilot even though he's got a cloth skirt and a headset. :crazed:

Even without the Starfighter though, I think Kit and Saesee will sell. Yoda and Anakin are Yoda and Anakin, but Saesee and Kit are two very funky aliens that could kick butt.

Tycho
11-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I agree there. SaeSee and Kit are two of my Top 8 Jedi I want to see made as 12":

Adi Gallia
SaeSee Tiin
Kit Fisto
Eeth Koth
Oppo Rancisis
Aayla Secura
Luminara Undulli
Barriss Offee

I want a Weequay 12" (preferrably a skiff guard) but wouldn't care if it is Master Sora Bulq either. He needs a 3 3/4" figure for that matter anyway.

Besides, he'd have made an excellent badguy because he went Separatist after Geonosis, and he's a two-lightsaber weilding Vaapad Master taught personally by Mace Windu!

Ventress is cool, but we already had Aurra Sing. But still, another Dark Side chick is always welcome.

I like Durge, too.

But get Sora Bulq in on the action, too! He kicks some butt!

RussUAE
11-12-2003, 12:39 AM
Because it's in the Clone Wars line, I guess that means they will have to repackage it at some point in furture if they Clone Wars line bombs, or even if the line does ok -it is still not likely to run for more than a couple of months right?

This guy looks sweet, but am concerned he won't be as available as we'd all like. I can almost hear those scalpers rubbing their hands with glee.

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Here's an update. It seems as there is a variation on the way the Clone is posed in the bubble. http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/saclone_cd-comp.jpg

bobafrett
11-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Here's an update. It seems as there is a variation on the way the Clone is posed in the bubble. http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/saclone_cd-comp.jpg

Hey, I like it! Are these two seperate Clone trooper figures with different articulation, or just a way to get people to think they are getting 2 different figures?

Tycho
11-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Surely a way to get people to buy more, even if they are collecting carded - for variations.

That way Hasbro is probably figuring they are safer in producing Army Builders that will sell.

Uh...well these are going to sell because I can reasonably say it will take months for me to get my fill!

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Hey, I like it! Are these two seperate Clone trooper figures with different articulation, or just a way to get people to think they are getting 2 different figures?No, it's just a inner tray variation, but I think it's a cool change. Someone in Hasbros department loves to pull this kind of thing on us poor MOMC collectors.