PDA

View Full Version : What do Clone Troopers think about the Death of Jango Fett?

Tycho
10-31-2003, 06:09 PM
I was just re-reading all the CW comics up 'till now.

I came up with an interesting question that maybe should be answered from a Trooper's point of view:

"If the Jedi killed Jango Fett, and he fought for the Separatists, how do the Clones feel about fighting for the Republic and the Jedi?"

A "Troops" story (serious though) amongst the Clones could be interesting.

But I'd like to hear what they think (especially Alpha, the ARC Trooper) about Jango's demise.

Surely the Republic could feed them any propoganda, but troopers on guard duty could be approached by anyone, telling them any thing.

What do you think?

LTBasker
10-31-2003, 06:33 PM
They probably don't think except strategicly. They probably don't even have knowledge of any names or anything of the Jedi, let alone feel anything. They're not supposed to feel, they're just tools. I mean in AOTC Yoda was able to order a whole bunch to their own suicides when they shot down the Trade Federation sphere. They're just supposed to be organic Droids basically, but able to think in battle.

I have thought of a story though, about a clone whose mind begins to advance, and he starts even having dreams and feeling. Disagreeing with how the Clones are being used, he wants to become an individual and leave the Clone Army.

Tycho
10-31-2003, 09:49 PM
That's how I think Han SOLO will be introduced. (not a spoiler - I have no knowledge of this).

I think Han will be so young, that he won't have all of his Clone training.

Oh - of course he's a new breed of Clone, not from Jango Fett, and that is also another reason why Boba hates him.

I mean Lucas is missing a perfectly good opportunity to expand on Han if he doesn't take advantage of this! Han's trivialized if he's just a random.

This story is not meant to be a depiction of random reality in the galaxy, but rather a tale of heroes intertwined in each others' affairs, like the Greek gods of legend or something.

But the Clones DO know that a Jedi killed their progenator, right? The ARC Trooper lauds Jango Fett as the greatest thing since apple pie.

True he ordered them to fight for the Republic, so that's what they are doing. They might just guess "he had his reasons" for engaging Master Windu. But they didn't see it and can only go on Separatist hearsay if they get "Mace killed him in cold blood stories."

I suppose the Jedi could dismiss it as "it was an accident. Mace gets wild with the purple."

I don't know.

LTBasker
10-31-2003, 10:17 PM
I doubt they asked about it, Jango was dead before the Clones showed up, and the ARCs definitely weren't there. They probably weren't told since the Jedi were probably ashamed of using Jango's clones so it's not likely they'd mention it.

Since the ARC's are just advanced Clones, the Jedi probably don't see any reason to inform them of non-military related business. If they are thinking about Jango at all, since he seemed to keep busy at times so they would probably assume he's out there...somewhere.

One interesting thing though, the Red ARC Clone really does seem to be pretty close to him.. instead of the huge blaster rifle, they gave him double blasters like Jango. No doubt Jango wouldn't of had a long time to train him in double blasters, as it probably took Jango awhile as well. He could've gotten alot more of Jango than any of'em.

Just kinda makes ya wonder, would an ARC be a higher rank than a basic Clone Commander?

kool-aid killer
11-01-2003, 11:22 AM
I havent read the comics so i dont know what they have covered but here is my two cents. Perhaps Jango was never in armor when he trained them. Maybe they didnt know that he was a bounty hunter but they just thought he was the instructor. Did Jango actually go out in front of them and describe his technique or did he just design a routine and have someone else go out and explain it to them? Lets say they didnt know Fett was a bounty hunter so they wouldnt have any knowledge of who that guy in the Geonosian sand missing his head was.

As for what LTBasker brought up about them basically being ordered to their suicide, i dont think they were crushed by the Trade Federation ship. We dont see any thing beside a huge dust cloud shoot up. I would assume that he wouldnt order so many clones to their deaths.

Ive heard that Kamino is destroyed during the Clone Wars, at least the factory not the planet. If that is true i would think that the Empire would need more soldiers to control the galaxy. They could recruit humans or draft them into the army and thats how Solo gets involved. So the Empire's soldiers would be made up of what remained of the clones and humans. The thought of Han being a different kind of clone doesnt sound too good to me.

Your thoughts?

Pendo
11-01-2003, 12:41 PM
I was just re-reading all the CW comics up 'till now.

I came up with an interesting question that maybe should be answered from a Trooper's point of view:

"If the Jedi killed Jango Fett, and he fought for the Separatists, how do the Clones feel about fighting for the Republic and the Jedi?"

A "Troops" story (serious though) amongst the Clones could be interesting.

But I'd like to hear what they think (especially Alpha, the ARC Trooper) about Jango's demise.

Surely the Republic could feed them any propoganda, but troopers on guard duty could be approached by anyone, telling them any thing.

What do you think?
Jango works for the bad guys, then why do the Republic use his Clones. Don't they smell something fishy?

"Hey clones were made of a bad guy, by the order of a dead Jedi. I know, let's use them" :D!

The Clones may have saw Jango as some sort of God. God made man in his own image. Well the clones are in Jango's image, and Jango also taught them almost everything they know. I think they were pretty miffed at his death.

PENDO!

Tycho
11-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Well, at Geonosis, Yoda needed an army fast. The Clones were taught already to be loyal to the Republic, and the Jedi were the Republic's top peace-keeping forces.

It was Palpatine's plan for the Jedi to take command of the Clones all along, as I think that way he can blame the Jedi for the Clone Wars.

Maybe the Clones don't question what Jango did, because they follow his last orders to be loyal to the Republic?

Do as I say, not as I do.

Maybe they don't trust some "Seppie" that comes up to them and says "Hey, your Jedi bosses killed your revered Father."

If they follow Jedi order, and the Jedi (or Mace) said "Hey, there are accidents in war - that's why we train and learn to follow orders," that may have been good enough for them. They don't think independently, so if one of them would buy that story, perhaps they all would.

Ultimately, I see them answer to Palpatine, as he's the Supreme Chancellor.

Mr. Future-Emperor set himself good in that regard.

As to Han Solo: he's a great soldier, very talented, very resourceful, and never gives up. Sound like other troopers we know of?

I'd go that route: he's an 11 year old Clone Kid with incomplete training who disobeys an immoral order and somehow gets on the wrong side of the 14 year old Boba Fett.

Add to the fact that Han is from the new Clone donor, and Fett is from an obsolete line, and they'd have reason to hate each other.

It's not "random galaxy" but poetic coincidence, but this is a fictional piece, so poetry seems fanciful.

Anyway, I keep scouring the spoilers for something on Han Solo, but I still come up with nothing.

Since they are going to shoot Indiana Jones with Lucas and Speilberg, I'd think Harrison could give them several blue screen shots of Han's father, being the source for the new Clone donor. That's the reason this character Harrison plays and Han look so identical.

They wouldn't really have to pay Harrison either. It could be a non-speaking part where Count Dooku just acknowledges him or something.

The Clone Kid (Han) would have to say a few lines, but that could also be a 5 minute part.

I'd have him rescue Padme, and ironically, his own wife when she was a baby (Leia). Just the kid delivers a line "Would you like it better back in your cell, Your Highness?"

Leaving the war behind him, the character could then follow the continuity of the books, living with Garris Shrike, falling in with Jabba, searching for order in his life, and returning to the Empire, since it was ingrained in his original childhood training, meeting Chewie in the slave wars, getting court-martialed for saving him, then returning to work for Jabba, only to end up dumping his spice and hiding out in the Rebellion.

(These adventures could even make a great TV show in between E3 and E4).

Turambar
11-01-2003, 04:49 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Dooku was surprised by the existence of the clone army even though he was the one that recruited Jango to start it.

Tycho
11-01-2003, 07:22 PM
He wasn't. He was acting so Nute Gunray and Poggle the Lesser would believe his lies.

Remember, they think he's Count Dooku, but Jango Fett new him as Darth Tyranus!

stillakid
11-02-2003, 10:15 AM
I mean Lucas is missing a perfectly good opportunity to expand on Han if he doesn't take advantage of this! Han's trivialized if he's just a random.

This story is not meant to be a depiction of random reality in the galaxy, but rather a tale of heroes intertwined in each others' affairs, ...

Well, not anymore. ;) But that's a different discussion.

Odds are that the clones, en masse, probably don't even realize who Jango is or would recognize his alter ego (masked) if they passed him on the street. Even if word leaked out later in the showers about some guy named Jango getting beheaded, they most likely wouldn't realize the significance. But, it they did, they still clearly only fight for whoever is holding the keys at any particular moment. The politics are beyond them.

But as some are so fond of suggesting ;) , this "clone war" idea is indeed one of those elements to the saga in which I truly wish Lucas had done differently. I would have preferred to see "clone" refer to two (2) concurrent wars instead of having it be so literal to be a geeky sci-fi concoction. Spaceships and aliens aside, he had a fairly "realistic" accounting of an epic struggle going which centered on characters that we could sort of believe really existed out there. But tossing in "clones" trivializes the entire thing. I think that playing on this concept even more (ie Han SOLO) would send it down the sci-fi tubes even more. Not that it wouldn't remain popular with a portion of the sci-fi crowd, but Lucas would stand to lose even more of the general audience that crossed over for his Original Trilogy films. Not that he seems to give a damn anymore.

Jaff
11-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Wheter the clones would be moved by Jango's death is a good question. After tossing this around, here is my hypothosis. I doubt they would care that much seeing how they are a clone of a heartless bounty hunter who has no problem killing for a contract. While it is true that Jango had feelings (strong feelings: according to the film novelization, and some on-screen facial expressions) for young Boba, he had little other expressed emotions. If you remember the clones were also genetically altered to think less independant so that would mean that they will have allot less emotions than Jango, so I doubt they would care because they are genetically dependant on their masters like the Jem Hadar in Star Trek!

El Chuxter
11-17-2003, 03:05 PM
How do we know any Separatists know who the Clones were created from (aside from Dooku, of course)?