PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the all-White Clones 3-pack came and went too fast?

Tycho
11-01-2003, 03:20 PM
OK, sure you get 2 white Clones in each pack with coloreds, but would you rather they keep shipping all-white packs too?

Here's what I see they need to ship more of:

3-packs - all white ones.

Preposed marching clones - need to make them in the first place.

Jedi Knight Army -

New Jedi Knight Army with new Alien Jedi, maybe a human female Jedi

(OK Jedi should also include Sora Bulq (Weequay) Bultar Swan (Asian female Jedi), more like that new E3 Alien Jedi they are doing (Howard the Duck).

Battle Droid sets

New Droid set with 2-3 rolled up Destroyer Droid props. - How cheap would that be - put 2 of those in (no moving parts) with a Super and regular BD.

New Younglings - a human youngling, maybe 1 boy, and 1 girl

I don't know. Oh - and this is in addition to the new super poseable clone they are coming out with - WHICH I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE COLOR CHANGES RUNNING ON, so that we have time to army build!

stillakid
11-01-2003, 03:27 PM
They need to reship the entire lot of them. I only ever saw a genuine 3 pack once at retail. Hasbro never ever ships enough "army builder" types. They are just way too popular. Cut back on the Anakin's and put some of that plastic to better use elsewhere.

darthzirock
11-01-2003, 03:31 PM
The all-white Clone Trooper 3-packs came out???:eek: Couldn't prove it by what I've found!

Actually, I've spotted them once--that's it! One time. About a month ago (early October). I've seen the 3-pack with the yellow Clone twice, and none of the others. I saw the Jedi Army 3-pack once. If I see any more of those Droid Army packs or Battle Launchers, I will buy a rifle with a 'scope (at Wal-Mart, where they are cheap and plentiful!!!) and climb a tall tower!

One more thing ... shouldn't this be on the Clone Wars thread?

Boba Fetish
11-01-2003, 10:59 PM
I really want the green. I have never seen that three pack, but I have seen all the others. I know they came out 'cause a friend of mine scored one for himself.

LTBasker
11-02-2003, 01:12 AM
I hope they're all still making the rounds, I've only been able to get to Wal-Mart. Since they now only sell basic figs and lightsabers ( :mad: ) I have little chance of getting the 3-packs. Closest store that isn't Wal-Mart is 17 miles away, and theres poor distribution already!

Edit: But yea, they shouldn't throw the 3-pack idea out the window after these. Theres alot of potential for'em. To move those Destroyer Droid launchers that are clogging the shelves, they should definitely release more rolled up droids as you said Tycho. So instead of one, someone can sit there and launch one, load another, launch, load, etc.

Other 3-pack ideas:

ARC Troopers - All blue, as there are 3-4 in the CW toon) in multiple poses.
Jedi - (As Tycho mentioned)
Jedi 2 - Black human, Bith, Mon Calamari
Jedi 3 - Males of Luminara/Barriss' species, Shaak Ti's species and Rodian female?

Tycho
11-02-2003, 01:21 AM
Do you drive yet, Basker?

17 miles is likely 17 minutes by car.

Maybe 35 minutes of a great work-out by bicycle.

If you do have to ride a bike, who knows: you might find something or you might become a world-famous tri-athlete!

In any case, you'll be in great shape!

LTBasker
11-02-2003, 01:33 AM
Heh, no I don't drive yet, that's in two years dude. We only have one car and most of the time my parents are working.

If I had a bike I couldn't do that either. The only access to the areas is by the highways, with very few sidewalks. Also the stores are in really busy areas. And trust me, Oklahoma streets are not very good for biking. All convient ways are busy streets so yea.

Jaff
11-02-2003, 06:44 AM
They need to reship the entire lot of them. I only ever saw a genuine 3 pack once at retail. Hasbro never ever ships enough "army builder" types. They are just way too popular. Cut back on the Anakin's and put some of that plastic to better use elsewhere.

I couldn't agree more with what Stillakid says!

Val Da Car
11-02-2003, 08:17 AM
I was lucky that I found the Blue & Yellow clone trooper three pack in multiples and the red clone trooper 3 pack once, but I never found the all white set.

I preferred the Yellow set not because they come with binoculars but because I don't like the laying clone in quantity.

InsaneJediGirl
11-02-2003, 09:03 AM
I didnt see them,although I had my dad look at Targets in the major cities where there was more traffic.No luck:(All spotted was the Destroyer Droid Launchers.

A reship of these would be great,along with more 3-Packs and a step-up on the run of Jedi Army Packs.

sith_killer_99
11-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Yep, it came and went way too fast!

They all did in fact. But then, so did the bonus packs.

I also only ever saw the White 3 pack once. Conversly, I found all I needed of the Blue, Green and Yellow. But I know that this is the exception rather than the rule, most people still need these. I will probably order the Reds on-line.

I would like to see Hasbro do solid cases of Clone 3-packs, they could break it down like this:

1 Green
1 Blue
1 Yellow
1 Red
1 White
1 All New White 3-pack without the sniper.

That would really even out the distribution and round off the case. Not to mention that we wouldn't have to worry about peg warmers like The Droid Army 3-pack and Destroyer Droid pack. :rolleyes:

Hasbro also needs to keep shipping the Bonus packs and add the next wave with Green and Plain Clones. Here's what I would like to see:

Durge with Green Clone
Asajj Ventress with Green Clone
Mace Windu with White Clone
Obi-Wan with White Clone

While we're at it why even release basic Clone Wars figures as singles. The theme is "Clone Wars" so why not just ship 'em all with Clones!!! Or ship the good guys with Clones and the bad guy's with Battle Droids. In which case they could do the bonus packs like this:

Durge with Battle Droid Commander
Asajj Ventress with Red Battle Droid
Mace with Green Clone
Obi-Wan with White Clone
Kit Fisto with Green Clone
Saesee Tiin with White Clone

Yes, Hasbo did a good job by sending these out, but with any popular "Army Builder" it's just not enough. Kudos to Hasbro for giving them to us, but we would really appreciate ,ore of them. :D

mm74md
11-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Cut back on the Anakin's and put some of that plastic to better use elsewhere.

Can't do that...little kids buy those!

mm74md
11-02-2003, 09:42 AM
I don't think. I'm just hoping to get a few of the new white clone.

stillakid
11-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Can't do that...little kids buy those!

I didn't say to stop doing the heroes altogether, just to cut back on them. They've always wound up as peg warmers while the traditional army builder types (Stormtroopers, etc) fly off the shelves nearly as fast as they almost get put out (I say almost because I'm sure that there is still plenty of backroom dealing going on).

Turbowars
11-02-2003, 12:16 PM
I guess it was like 3 months ago, but when the White Clone packs came out they were sitting at my TRU for a few days. Maybe because the collectors weren't going there from of the lack of SW toys? Who knows? Anyway I saw them the most and have yet seen a colored version. I have the Blue and Green thanks to a few trading buddies. I might cave in and get the yellow and red on E-bay.

kool-aid killer
11-02-2003, 12:26 PM
I only seen the blue clone 3 pack and thats the only one ive got. Has anybody seen CrunchyNug's picture in the testing area? He found all five versions and they look very impressive together. I would like it if Hasbro put out some more for those who werent able to find them the first time.

As for what Tycho mentioned about a new Jedi 3 pack, i think it would be a great idea. I like the people he mentioned. Do you think a screen scene would work with them? Perhaps include six new Jedi (remember they had limited articulation) and a large base that resembles the Geonosian arena sand for $20.

Tycho
11-02-2003, 03:43 PM
That could work. We're getting 4 figures plus a vehicle or beast in the TRU 4-packs. They're 20.

Of course they are not using new molds for anything in there really.

The ATST Driver had a new head sculpt and helmet, but the R4 was a nice repaint.

The R3 with the Rebels is a repaint.

Aurra Sing's bike is sort of added-on to from the regular Swoop (which is all her 'real one' ever was anyway).

Hasbro's done a good job with these, but unless they re-use existing Jedi bodies, with only new heads (or hands in the case of aliens) it would be pricey for them to put 6 in there and a display base.

I could see 3 like the new sculpts we're getting for the Screen Scenes.

Baltar Swan needs a new female Jedi sculpt anyway: the ladies we have don't wear traditional Jedi robes. Adi Gallia was the last one we got that did (which is good for variety) but Aayla Secura, Luminara and Barriss, all dress differently, and uniquely. With Baltar Swan they could do a traditional female Jedi sculpt, and hopefully articulate her like Pamde Droid Factory.

Sora Bulq is so close in attire to Eeth Koth, that it wouldn't surprise me to see them switch the Iridonian head for a Weequay one. This would be unfortunate, as a great articulate, and possible-to-pose neutral figure of Bulq would allow for some cool head swapping (to make a nice Jedi Council Eeth Koth) as well as do cool 2-lightsaber poses with the Vaapad lightsaber form master Sora Bulq himself.

Anyway, Star Wars alien species with potential for Jedi figures and my opinion of them:

Rodian - done already
Tusken - A'Sharad Hett (Expanded Universe - go for it!)
Jawa - no
Ithorian (hammerhead) - no, not necessary, but possible
Trandoshan - no thanks (make a mercenary if a Trandoshan comes up again)
Twi'Lek - done already (male and Aayla Secura)
Aqualish - OK
Kubaz - no thanks
Weequay - yes, do Sora Bulq
Mon Calamari - (yes, a female Jedi Bant Erin, or do a female Rebel Pilot!)
Gamorrean - never! They are way too stupid to become Jedi!
a Yak Face? - Not
Sullustan - OK
Shistavian Wolfman (Maybe, but do a Rebel Pilot!)
Ewoks - Not!
Ishi Tibb (maybe, but do Shasha Teil from Jabba's Palace first!)
Gand (OK - but do a Rebel Pilot, Qrrl Qygg, too)
Ugnaught - no thanks. A new sculpt from Jabba's Sailbarge would be cool though
Gran - No, but Senators Asks Moe, Asks Aak, Aileen Teem, would each have merit
Dresselian - OK
Bith - OK, but do a Rebel Pilot, too.
Whipid - OK - make the Jedi K'Kruhk! (one was done with the Younglings)
Elom - No
Nikto - Done with the Younglings. An adult might be cool.
Klatoonian - OK (and he has a character name from Geonosis, which I forgot)
Chevin - No
Amanan - No
Quarren - OK - but make Separatist Senator Tiikes first, Rebel Pilot Nrin Vakil second)
Gungan - No!
Geonosian - No
Kaminoan - No
Snivvian - No, do the one from Cloud City instead
Devaronian - No, make Villie, a mercenary, instead
Duro - OK
Chadra Fan - OK, make the female that trained under Luke Skywalker
Bothan - Yes. MAKE ANY BOTHAN, wouldn't you?

And I'm sure there are a lot of species I forgot.

Dr Zoltar
11-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Yep, all the clone trooper 3 packs came and went too fast. I've only found the all white and yellow 3 pcaks once, and the blue 3 pack twice (but one package of them was mangled). I have yet to see the green or red 3 packs. Didn't Hasbro realise that the clone trooper packs would sell like crazy?

plasticfetish
11-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Ditto from me ... I've only ever see one blue three pack. If the all white clones came and went, they did it some place else. I'd love to see any of these three packs in a store at this point.

Val Da Car
11-21-2003, 06:31 PM
I just found some yesterday at Target with a Green set of Clone Troopers

kool-aid killer
11-25-2003, 10:03 PM
I picked up the lone Clone 3 pack i seen yesterday (white) i had given up hope of finding one. Now im eager to see if the green and yellow show up (not interested in the red) sometime soon.

I noticed too that at a couple of my local Targets the ARC trooper has disappeared. It may be time to pick one up soon.

OC47150
11-26-2003, 01:39 PM
I've had good luck find the clone trooper sets at Kmart, Target and Meijer. Hadn't seen a single one at Wal-Mart.

Turambar
11-27-2003, 01:16 AM
I just saw the all white 3 pack last week at K-mart. I have no interest in these, so I passed on it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Just yesterday I was at a TRU and saw the 3-pack all white clonetroopers and would have bought it except for the fact that the Bounty Hunter TRU Exclusive 4-pack were rapidly dwindling in numbers and I had to get that before I bought the trooper pack. Sure I could have splured and bought both, but tis' the season to think of others, and I have 5 siblings, 2 parents, plus a few friends and other relatives that need Christmas gifts, so I didn't splurge and get both.

jedi master sal
12-03-2003, 11:31 AM
I guess Pittsburgh gets fairly decent distribution. At least with the White clones. I saw them at least 6 times and stopped looking specifically for them after that. Saw the blues 3 times, yellow twice, red once. Never saw the green but in a great trade got that set.

At best guess remembering what I have, I believe I have:

7 sets of white
4 sets of blue
4 sets of yellow (one of which has a painting variation-no I don't have pictures...yet)
3 sets of red
1 set of green

I have three jedi three packs-though that was lucky because I just happened to be there when the case was opened for two of them.

Still even with my finds, they were shipped in way too short a time. Most of my collecting buds don't have these in the quantities that I do. (I just happen to go on the hunt ALOT).

As to the droids, I still say a three pack of ALL Red Battle droids would be great. That or:

2 red BD's 1 Super BD
or
2 red BD's 1 red BD commander
or
2 red BD's 1 Geonosian (Course they'd have to change it from Seperatist droids to Seperatists Army)

I've mentioned before that the bonus packs were in quite short supply and my breakdown for wave two would have been:

Durge/Red BD commander
Asaaj/Red BD
Obi-wan/Green Clone
Mace/White Clone

this covers the droids, gives us a green clone and who wouldn't want another decent white clone. Sure these clones are not the Super Articulated one due out soon, but I'd be happy with this.

Tycho
12-03-2003, 12:23 PM
What store did you get most of your Clones at? Target? TRU?

I've been lazy on my hunting lately. Are you going out before the stores open?

Me - I'm finding Target will stock overnight, but Toys R Us will stock during the day, when the store is open.

I don't like going there multiple times in a day. I guess I'm just prone to avoid holiday crowds. And it's so hard to predict when they'll stock.

I need to make new connections or actually use my old ones.

I'd have had Gen. Rieeken and the 12" Ewok wave by now if I had, I suppose.

What I think it is, is that the Whipid and Elom wave is really whats inspiring to me, and I'm waiting for those to hit it hardcore I guess.

I'd better get it in gear though. The SA Clone is also coming.

Val Da Car
12-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Target has gotten figures in this order consistantly over the past two months:

Yellow Clone Trooper 3 pack
Blue Clone Trooper 3 pack
Durge on Speeder Bike
Red Clone Trooper 3 pack
White Clone Trooper 3 pack
Clone on Speeder Bike

Seen at Kmart, DLX Durge, Clone on speeder bike, Red Trooper 3 pack and Wave 2 of CW (Obi, Mace)

jedi master sal
12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
What store did you get most of your Clones at? Target? TRU?

It varies. Mostly TRU, but some at KB's and KMart as well

I've been lazy on my hunting lately. Are you going out before the stores open?NO, I can count on one hand the number of times in the past 8 years that I've gone out early. I shop after I get out of work. Which is 6pm by the time I get to the stores. For me, it's the frequency for which I go to these stores that enables me to find what I want. I go to more than 25 stores in week, on the hunt 4 to 5 times a week. Sure I wouldn't mind being an early shopper, but I don't like the competitive feeling you get when you see other collectors/scalpers there waiting to snag up stuff. This is supposed to be a fun hobby. If I feel like I have to race to the toy aisle to beat someone else, just to get first crack at the newly stocked toys, well I just won't do that. I've done that twice in the past 8 years and I didn't like it.

Here's a funny story about that though.

The last time I went early, there was a guy doing exercises, literally warming up to run to the toy aisle. When the store opened he started off by walking fast, so I did too. Then he saw me and started to jog, so did I. Well then he RAN to the aisle, I let him go and when I caught up to him, I said "Well, playing the game, huh?" He said "No, I just want to get to the toys first." Idiot, that's exactly what I meant. Thankfully though he was a Hot Wheels collector.

More than me going on the hunt that many times, I have to be thankful for a fiancee who collects as well and doesn't mind doing the driving while I go into the stores looking for the toys. It works out well. She drive, I shop, I call her on her cell from mine and she picks me up at the door right when I come out and it's off to the next store. We can hit 5 stores in a half hour this way, so it saves alot of time.

Okay, I've probably overexplained and talked to much, nothing more to see here, move along, move along... ;)

Tycho
12-05-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm actually finding NO ONE at the stores in the mornings these days.

Today, I'm happy to post that I got 2 yellow Clone Commander / Clone Trooper 3-packs at Toys R Us!

I'm happier. See: :)

jedi-cpa
12-08-2003, 08:34 AM
haven't even been Clone packs on the shelves...I'm sure there will be all the colors you could need. Eventually.

plasticfetish
12-08-2003, 12:46 PM
I actually spotted 2 green clone packs and a jedi set this morning at Target. Wow. Smells like Christmas is coming (I think that smell is Christmas anyway.)

Tycho
12-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Things have changed.

I now have probably 5 more all-white Clone 3-packs (Target)

and 3 more yellow Clone Commander 3-packs (Toys R Us).

With almost 25 extra combat-posed Clones, I am now going to turn my concentration towards the SA Clone, as it is just too awesome for words, and I need about 30 of them total :rolleyes: