PDA

View Full Version : EU figs.

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 12:55 AM
Who wants to see more EU figs? Real EU figs, from comics, games, books etc. I DO! I would love to see a Sharad Hett and A'Sharad Hett figure, and Corran Horn too. We could use a Mara Jade figure too, better though. And Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo. And Admiral Daala, and Captain Palleon. And lots more! Come on, you know you want 'em!

Darth Cruel
08-19-2001, 12:59 AM
My philosophy has always been and continues to be: The more figures, the merrier. I like the EU figures, but I don't display them with the movie figures.

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 01:03 AM
Well I am 15 and still play with them.........stop the laughing... so I would like as many EU figs as possible, the Concept Art ones, though interesting, don't do it for me as much as new characters would.

Starfig873
08-19-2001, 07:36 AM
New EU figs would be the best! And I trust Hasbro to do it now, such great sculpts and all. :p

humsup
08-19-2001, 08:19 AM
Well, same for me. More figures the better. I really like Mara Jade and Qui-Gon Jedi Training was pretty well done too. When we have enough EU figs around, we can then do diorama of scenes we imagine when reading those story books :)

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 09:28 AM
I would definitely not mind new EU figures, so long as they revisit Kyle Katarn from Jedi Knight, that POTF2/EU figure stinks IMO.

I'd also like to see EU figures based on the "Art Of" design books, especially a concept Vader, concept "lizard-thing" Chewbacca, and a concept Stormtrooper with lightsaber and shield. I like the "Art Of" figures, I think they're a neat idea just like their Action Fleet counterparts, the "Series Alpha".

the master jedi
08-19-2001, 06:08 PM
I'd want some more EU figures as long as stores where I live get them in. Last time they made EU figs I couldn't find 'em anywhere.
Man, Iowa sucks when it comes to getting things in and scalpers.

Tycho
08-20-2001, 02:48 AM
These comments have been encouraging. I hope Hasbro reads these pleas for more EU.

From the prequel era alone I could use like 10:

young Obi-Wan from Jedi Apprentice books
Xanatos Dark Jedi
A'sharad of course
The Dark Woman (to properly do that final scene in Hunt for Aurra Sing)
Villie
Quinlan
the Yinchorri from Jedi Council: Acts of War to face off with Eeth Koth!
even a young Wilhuff Tarkin to meet Anakin in Rogue Planet

Does Qui-Gon have any Cold Weather Gear? ; )

evenflow
08-20-2001, 08:31 AM
I too want ?real? Expanded Universe figures. Not the Maul, Ben, and Qui-Gon's that we have gotten. I want characters like:

Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Death Trooper
Jacen Solo
Jania Solo
Anakin Solo
Guri
Leebo
Jodo Kast
Nomi Sunrider
Vima Sunrider
Tott Doneeta
Master Vodo Siosk
Lowbacca
Darth Bane
Baron Fel
Winter
Jorus C' Boath
Ulic-Quel Droma
Exar Kun

You get the idea.

QLD
08-20-2001, 10:29 AM
I HAVE TO HAVE MORE EU FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!

I would personally LOVE

Nighri
Pallaeon
Solo kids
Older sculpts of Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, etc.....others from OT
Mara,
Corran Horn
Mirax & Booster Terrick
Cilghal
Kyp Durron
Yuuzhan Vong soldiers, priestess, warmaster, shaper
Winter

and sooooo many more.

master jedi
08-20-2001, 12:36 PM
I'd like to see Lowbacca and Tenel Ka from the Young Jedi Knights books be made into figures.

artdoesart
08-20-2001, 01:40 PM
Yeah more EU figures would be nice.. the old ones were especially well made before the EP1 hit the shelfs and well the packaging with the built in dioramas (even though mine are still momc) are very nice as i can see... yeah more EU would be great!

El Chuxter
08-20-2001, 01:41 PM
The EU figures coming out now are excellent. I'd love to see more, but a bit fewer of the conceptual ones. Yuuzhan Vong are a must!

PloKoon2385
08-20-2001, 02:11 PM
Yes, I like ALL the ideas! Someone should start a petition, someone with real POWER! Sirsteve?

evenflow
08-20-2001, 03:06 PM
I think it would take more than a petition for some Expanded Universe figures, if a normal petition to make a figure is 10,000 sigs, EU would need like 20,000. Sad, but probably true.

PloKoon2385
08-20-2001, 03:08 PM
Well what can we do, riot in front of Hasbro's office building and warehouse?

Tycho
08-20-2001, 03:28 PM
I don't know when I'm going to get back to Rogue's Gallery, I'm kinda on 'vacation' from it as I'm making my way into 'the real world' after college and trying to win a promotion in my government work. When I can, I'll get back to the 'official intra-site polls' we did for Tales of the Jedi and Jedi Apprentice. Recall I was going in chronological order. But work came up, and my time's been limited. Our next one is supposed to be Jedi Council: Acts of War (comic), then the Darth Maul Trilogy (comic, novel etc.) and finally all the Ongoing Series stuff that is obviously popular. We'll come back to Classic, just taking longer than I wanted to. Honestly, this summer is very fun, but very busy for me.

But me and Mark from Rebelscum (Hunter - my partner in the polls) spoke with Hasbro's team together at Comic Con, and met with Paul Palmer, and all of them. They know: Crimson Empire, Heir to the Empire (Karrde and Noghri, etc) and NJO: Vong, Jacen, Anakin, and Jaina and what-not). Whether it's feasible or not, they aren't going to be concerned with it until after Episode II gets squared away.

I think eventually, 2003, we'll see another wave of EU -and new characters. Thing is, I know that another 10 or whatever, won't be able to satisfy you or me, and most of the people posting in this thread who'd like it better if they made 30 or more just EU. I know I would!

evenflow
08-20-2001, 04:03 PM
Well Tycho, I hope you are right. I want to see all of those lines done, perhaps we will just have to wait until after Episode III.