PDA

View Full Version : Pamela Anderson vs. KFC

JEDIpartner
11-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Pamela Anderson is demanding KFC to explain their "cruel" treatment of chickens. She claims they are making the chickens too top heavy and unable to stay on their legs, virtually crippling them...

Funny... I don't recall Pamela complaining about her plastic surgeon making her too top-heavy and unable to walk. Heck, she's on her back more than... erhm...

:rolleyes:

:D

stillakid
11-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Pamela Anderson is demanding KFC to explain their "cruel" treatment of chickens. She claims they are making the chickens too top heavy and unable to stay on their legs, virtually crippling them...

Funny... I don't recall Pamela complaining about her plastic surgeon making her too top-heavy and unable to walk. Heck, she's on her back more than... erhm...

:rolleyes:

The chickens aren't getting implants by choice, although it would make an interestingly chewy Family Bucket if they did. :eek:

Kidhuman
11-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Just another example of the pot calling the kettle black.

JEDIpartner
11-04-2003, 12:21 PM
The chickens aren't getting implants by choice...
I hope to God they aren't getting implants at all!

bobafrett
11-04-2003, 12:46 PM
I eat almost daily at KFC, and I haven't heard one chicken complain about how it was treated. Pamela Anderson is all Breast Meat and no brains anyway.

Beast
11-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Besides, it's not just KFC. This has been going on for years. The farmers are constantly breeding chickens and turkeys to have larger portions of breast meat. Because that's the most popular portion of the Chicken/Turkey. To single out KFC for this is ridiculous, and only being done to cause as much of a stink as possible for Pamela Anderson's so-called cause. Doesn't she have better things to throw her support behind. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
11-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Besides, it's not just KFC. This has been going on for years. The farmers are constantly breeding chickens and turkeys to have larger portions of breast meat. Because that's the most popular portion of the Chicken/Turkey.

What are they feeding the poultry to accomplish this? Can we feed it to flat-chested humans too? :p

Beast
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, it's not what's in the feed. It's just breeding practices. They breed the largest chested chickens and turkeys with other large chested chickens and turkeys. Over enough breedings the breast portions of the birds get bigger and bigger. There's a great short on an episode of MST3K that's in black and white from the early 50's that was talking about this. "Chicken of Tommorow" from Episode 702: "The Brute Man". :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
My favorite thing about KFc right now is those TV commericals they're running that say that 2 pieces of KFC has less fat than a Whopper.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

A KFC also has less fat than two big honking ladlefulls of Lard but I won't eat that.

I mean who the heck are they kidding?

and personally I think Pam should be the KFC spokesman and they should start a whole campaign advertising the bigger breasted chickens. :D

plasticfetish
11-04-2003, 03:23 PM
What are they feeding the poultry to accomplish this? Can we feed it to flat-chested humans too? :p
Well, actually ... they pump a lot of "great" stuff into those chickens that we do end up eating. Hormones, steroids, antibiotics ... and it all goes right from the mutant chicken into our system. Not to mention into the bodies of growing children.

I think it's cute that Pammy wants to help the sad, top-heavy chickens. :rolleyes: I mean, they deserve to be happy before they're deep fried in heart clogging oils don't they?

Seriously, I love KFC and always have ... but that stuff is lethal. When you get someone that's as big a bozo as Pam Anderson taking a stand on something legitimate like this ... you just want to cringe. Uh, thanks ... but can we have someone that's not a complete moron arguing for better food standards.

Kidhuman
11-04-2003, 03:48 PM
As long as the biscuits are safe, thats all that matters.

plasticfetish
11-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Yeah, the biscuits are good ... the coleslaw and mashed potatoes are safe also.

All they'd have to do, as far as I'm concerned, is start using organic chickens and I'll be back in the bucket again.

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Is it KFC's doing? Shouldn't she be going after the people KFC chains buy their chicken from? When I worked at a fried chicken restaurant (Lee's Famous Recipe) we bought our chicken from ConAgra I believe it was.

plasticfetish
11-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Well, yeah ... I think the point is, that KFC really does have a choice when it comes to what kind of chicken it uses. A company like KFC has an enormous amount of power when it comes to things like setting standards. By buying poultry that is farmed in the manner that theirs is, they encourage and effectively promote the use of bad standards.

The kind of "bad" standards that have given us problems like mad cow disease in cattle. (Feed a cow bits of other cow's brains mixed in with regular feed and look what happens.) With chicken, the biggest problem above and beyond the living and dying conditions of the animals, is the wild use of antibiotics. The chicken is fed antibiotics (regardless of whether it's really sick) and then we ingest those antibiotics, building up a gradual resistance. Try asking your doctor what he/she thinks, and how he/she feels about the problem ... most that I've talked to consider it to be a major problem. There's also the matter or hormones ... sure they help to speed up the chicken's development, getting them to slaughter faster, but those same hormones aren't doing your average kid much good. There's a lot of concern about things like cancer, genetic problems and brain disease resulting from the regular ingestion of hormone treated beef and chicken.

So anyway ... if you're gonna take a stand, it seems most logical to stand up against places that profit the most from the use of these potentially dangerous products. KFC would be it in this case.

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2003, 10:10 PM
That makes sense, plasticf.

Anakin2121
11-05-2003, 09:40 AM
McDonald's has been using fake, spongy chicken for many years. Where's the lawsuit? :D

mabudonicus
11-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Y'see, the "enhancements" to meat these days are pretty much my main reason for being vegetarian/vegan (I DO eat cheese still, once in a blue moon)..... I'm less concerned about the animals (as many imagine) than I am about myself and possible kids' lives

The irony of the pam anderson "top heavy" thing is too funny, JP.....
But yeah, it's not so much what it does to the chickens as what it does to the ecosystem (ever go near a chicken farm??) and the end consumer.....

It would almost seem like some sort of conspiracy, to have Ms.Anderson as the spokesperson.... the meat marketing agencies in Canada have been spreading heavy misinformation for a loooong time, and they do have a lot of pull, so maybe the suggestion that "a silly person" is worried about something that has almost literally been stuffed down people's unquestioning throats for so long is just being played up so the real issue, mutant foods, is lost in the stupid irony......
it wouldn't be the first time that people were fooled in this manner....

stillakid
11-05-2003, 10:58 AM
I guess the question that hasn't been asked yet is what is wrong with larger breasts? I, for one, love 'em! They're yummy! :cool:

billfremore
11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
For once we agree on something Stillakid. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Maybe she shouldn't worry about chicken and put more of her time and effort into finding a cure for hepititus C along with finding out why she's engaged to Kid Rock. :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-05-2003, 02:16 PM
I thought she said she wasn't marrying Kid Rock

plasticfetish
11-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Y'see, the "enhancements" to meat these days are pretty much my main reason for being vegetarian/vegan...
Yep, my wife's been a vegetarian for just about 2 years now. (which means that I eat a lot of tofu as well.) She works in food service, but luckily for a market that features organic meats and produce, as well as a pretty good vegetarian and vegan menu in their deli. She suggested that Anderson probably got hepatitis from eating KFC chicken. Joking of course. We all know she got it from a turkey. (Gee, I haven't called anybody a turkey since 1978.)

"McDonald's has been using fake, spongy chicken for many years. Where's the lawsuit?"

Yep, and McDonald's has caved in a lot to people demanding that they change their standards as well. (As an aside, I'm told that their new vegetarian sandwich is absolutely nasty tasting.) It's all about profit in the long run ... they lose enough money because people are scared to eat their food, and they have to do something about it.

bobafrett
11-05-2003, 03:14 PM
I guess the question that hasn't been asked yet is what is wrong with larger breasts? I, for one, love 'em! They're yummy! :cool:

Hey Stilla, are we talking Chicken or Human? I like both!

mabudonicus
11-05-2003, 03:51 PM
AHEM...

Right, PF, funny thing, I'm pretty much tofu-intolerant... I like eating it, but my stomach just hates it... kinda ironic, no?? Deep fried then bbq-ed is the BEST.....

Usually "vegetarian" food is laughable... personally I find it sorta funny, if someone who is not vegetarian asks me to dinner (one they're cooking) they get all freaked out about what I would or wouldn't eat... some people can't even imagine what I eat.... like some are surprised that I eat PASTA.... the industry has done the brainwashing well, it would seem.... I mean, my diet is kinda strict, but it's not like I think about it all the time or anything, I keep lots of stuff on hand and can eat whatever I like whenever, but most people think vegetarian eating is all weird and crazy.... sure, I can't eat out in a lot of restaurants, but I eat normal stuff, I don't cook odd, rare elements in weird laboratory conditions or anything like some would believe...

Okay, no more vegetarian posts from me for another few months... just had to get it out is all:D
\m/

LTBasker
11-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Bah, let's see. I haven't or contracted diseases from these chickens, they haven't refused to be eaten so far, and I'm pretty sure theres more than enough to go around.

So why should I care what Pamela says when she gets hepatitis C from sharing a needle with an ex? o_O

This has been a proud message from PETA Redux*

(*People Eating Tasty Animals :evil: )

Turbowars
11-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Maybe she shouldn't worry about chicken and put more of her time and effort into finding a cure for hepititus C along with finding out why she's engaged to Kid Rock. :DNow that's funny!

Darth Jax
11-05-2003, 09:37 PM
the problems in the meat/poultry industry have been around for a long time, just read the jungle. personally i hate any celebrity with a 'cause.' just because someone is paid millions to be on film or tv then that makes them an authority.

stillakid
11-05-2003, 10:54 PM
the problems in the meat/poultry industry have been around for a long time, just read the jungle. personally i hate any celebrity with a 'cause.' just because someone is paid millions to be on film or tv then that makes them an authority.

That's sooo not true. However, someone who is paid millions (because people like you and me fork over our money) to be on film or tv has influence that the rest of us don't. Any one of us can have a cause, but who the hell would listen to Joe Shmoe tauting the latest reason why we should be guilty in doing X or Y?

Besides that, who's to say that Pamela Anderson isn't an expert on that topic? It's entirely possible that she took the time to research sides of the issue before putting her name on the cause.

Whichever. They're both good for you. :)

2-1B
11-06-2003, 03:31 AM
I'd love to be a vegetarian but meat is just too tasty . . . I cannot resist.
So I'll die 20 years earlier.
Big deal. :D

plasticfetish
11-06-2003, 04:05 AM
I'd love to be a vegetarian but meat is just too tasty
Yep. Meat's good stuff ... I'm a big fan of it, when I can get it. My only beef with, err ... meat, is that I don't always trust the source. In a perfect world, we could assume that all beef, chicken, pork, turkey, snake or turtle would come from the "right" kind of ranch or farm.

Besides, if it wasn't for meat, primitive man would have never gotten the kind of protein it needed for proper brain development. When I go carving into a steak, I often tell my wife that it's the only way we will continue to evolve. It's for the good of humanity and the future of our species. Then I take a big old post-meat nap.

JediTricks
11-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Please dial back the sex talk.

Turbowars
11-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Please dial back the sex talk.Please:rolleyes:, we are talking about chicken breasts. Where's your mind JT?;)

stillakid
11-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Please dial back the sex talk.

Haven't you seen the new Carl's Jr. commercial? CHICKEN breasts. They are yummy!

InsaneJediGirl
11-08-2003, 09:41 PM
The big-chicken problem has been around for years,where has Pam Anderson been before this?:rolleyes:KFC could switch to free-range better-bred chickens with grain and marigold diet suppliments,but it would cut into their profits,having to spend more to buy from small-time farmers.

Free-range is probably the best to go.I had some free range chickens until a Hawk got to them,but some of the best eggs around:)

JediTricks
11-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Who cares? Chickens are only walking corn anyway. :evil: :D

2-1B
11-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Did you ever see SNL's celebrity song for Free Range Chickens?

Pure magic. :happy:

Dana Carvey as Casey Kasem quoting Rick Dees, "Chickens are just like you and me, except they're chickens."

Turbowars
11-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Who cares? Chickens are only walking corn anyway. :evil: :DDo you feel that way about other animals? It's strange how talking about sex is taboo but the slaughtering of animals isn't.:rolleyes:

JediTricks
11-09-2003, 07:47 PM
I'm not talking about getting jollies while torturing animals, I'm merely stating that chickens are very stupid and very versatile as food because they're actually just corn in disguise. :D

Did you know you can hypnotize a chicken by holding it down and drawing lines in the dirt in front of it? After a few seconds of drawing the lines, you can let go and continue drawing the lines and they'll still lay there completely out of it.

2-1B
11-10-2003, 12:04 AM
That's interesting JT . . . I'll wager that a hypnotized chicken is STILL smarter than Pamela.

Turbowars
11-10-2003, 09:25 AM
That's interesting JT . . . I'll wager that a hypnotized chicken is STILL smarter than Pamela.LOL, good one!

JEDIpartner
11-20-2003, 03:04 PM
A deep-fried chicken is smarter than Pamela!

:crazed:

chrisc
12-09-2003, 12:29 PM

I like both too preferably the human ones. Why are you guys trashing the chicken. Man just eat the chicken and shut up allready!?! Try being deployed overseas and the only thing you have are those ***** MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat)you eat those long enough and you will be glad to have KFC's messed up chicken. I bet if you give a bucket to so starving Iraqi's or some guys from afghanistan they won't complain about how the chicken was grown. I don't remember who said chickens are walking corn but you are right. I shot a chicken with a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with a slug, when the slug hit the chicken it was nothing but blood feathers and corn on the wall of the shed. It was cool. All the flesh was vaporized it seemed like because I could not find much. Just bloodfeathers and corn it always ate. :evil:

plasticfetish
12-09-2003, 03:22 PM
(Hmmm, is there a "nervous smile" smilie over there?)

Turbowars
12-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Yeah, see what war does to you.:evil: Doesn't take much brains to shot animal now does it. Disgust is what comes to mind.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-09-2003, 08:01 PM
To single out KFC for this is ridiculous, and only being done to cause as much of a stink as possible for Pamela Anderson's so-called cause. Doesn't she have better things to throw her support behind. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You wishing she had run for Governor of California? :stupid: :crazed:

LTBasker
12-09-2003, 08:25 PM
You wishing she had run for Governor of California? :stupid: :crazed:

In case of an Earthquake (IE: the "big one") your Governor can be used as a floatation device.

:crazed:

chrisc
02-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah, see what war does to you.:evil: Doesn't take much brains to shot animal now does it. Disgust is what comes to mind.

The chicken was shot when I was 15 I am now 21 and do not desire to detsroy animals for no reason. War does very little to you if you are a strong minded person. Unfortunatley you are not. Peace.