PDA

View Full Version : So who did the Neimoidians think Dooku's master was?

Toad
11-04-2003, 02:23 PM
I can't quite figure it all out amongst all the lies and half-truths. I assume that what Dooku told Anakin is the Neimoidians' (sorry if I'm spelling it wrong) viewpoint - that they were in legion with the Sith and got screwed over, so now they're Separatists who still want Amidala dead. But then who do they think Dooku answers to as "his master"? Does the Geonosian leader know as well?

I guess in sum, what is your take on that whole thing. I know Dooku and Sidiuos have this grand master plan and everything is going according to plan....which is hard to buy since so much happens....but what's your take?

TheDarthVader
11-06-2003, 11:17 AM
I'm sure they believe Dooku is the master. Besides, it seems betrayal is the way of the sith. Once a person becomes a sith he tends to want to over-throw his master so that he can be the "supreme" dark lord. That is why there are always two...a master and an apprentice. The Neimoidians are so dumb that they do not know this. Even Yoda tells Mace Windu: "Always two there are. No more, no less. A master and an apprentice." Neimoidians are too nieve not to believe everything Dooku tells them. :D

Turambar
11-06-2003, 02:43 PM
That is a good question, Toad -- are you referring to what Dooku told Obi-Wan when he was held captive.
We don't know what he told the separatists, but can assume that the nemoideans would never team up with a sith again. Which would mean they would never join a group that was aligned with a sith. So that was odd of Dooku to announce to everyone in the war room at the end of AOTC that he would take the plans for their ultimate weapon to his "master." The lightsaber hanging from his belt in plain view would also be a giveaway to most people -- or at least be suspicious since he was not a jedi.

Battle Droid
11-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Does the Geonosian leader know as well?

In Poggle's Databank entry at the Official Site, it mentions Darth Sidious, it says.

Hadiss rounded up the dissidents and had them sentenced to death in the Geonosian execution arena. Though many of his followers died, Poggle was bolstered by the secret backing of Darth Sidious, who began funneling resources into Poggle's rebellion. In a year's time, Poggle personally oversaw the execution of Hadiss, who died by acklay-claw.

Indebted to Darth Sidious, Poggle stepped up production in the Geonosian foundries to build up the armies of the Sith Lord's lackeys.

So I guess Poggle knows maybe.

2-1B
11-07-2003, 01:53 AM
Panaka assumed the Neimodians could "kiss their trade franchise goodbye."

A decade later, Sio Bibble is "outraged" that "after 4 trials in the Supreme Court, Nute Gunray is still the viceroy of the Trade Federation."

I think it's obvious that Gunray and his ilk have SOMEONE working in their favor . . . and I'm sure they know it's Sidious (the same one who kept the Senate "bogged down in procedure.")

Had Nute gone off to rot in prison and then get out, well I wouldn't expect him to work with a Sith again. But since that didn't happen, I believe he is still working for Sidious.

Dooku was truthful when he told Obi-Wan that a Sith ran the show and that Nute was working for one. Dooku was untruthful in saying that Nute came to him because of a betrayal by the Dark Lord.

:cool: