PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football

Tycho
11-05-2003, 05:24 AM
I saw a lot of College football threads, but could've cared less.

Actually, it's rare for me to be posting about sports. I barely ever watch a game, but when I do, I really enjoy it.

Such was the very exciting game I watched last night:

Denver Broncos vs. New England Patriots.

Though I don't watch but maybe a game here and there, when I was a kid, I was into John Elway and the Denver Broncos. I think the 97 Season's SuperBowl was a highlight in my very abbreviated football fandom.

So through it all, I've stayed a Denver fan, though the only time I've ever been to Colorado was for the Star Wars Celebration, LOL.

Needless to say, Monday night was not Denver's best night on the field this season, but New England came back from 26-23, and got a touchdown and the extra point in the last 5 minutes of the game.

The score wavered back and forth every quarter, and overall it was a really exciting game to watch.

I'd like to see Denver play again soon, but next week is Greenbay and I forgot who they play. I probably won't watch it, but you never know.

It really is fun sometimes.

I had a plate of spicy chicken strips to go with my game - that's the best way to enjoy it.

In any case, I will probably not be involved in this thread a lot (for having started it) but Monday Night Football 2003 needs a home.

Enjoy the thread guys. (Don't bash on the Broncos. That's all I ask. I'm not sensitive to comments about my home team, so say anything you like about the Chargers - but yeah, I'm most likely to watch their game kinda where I live).

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Let me just start out by saying I absolutely love the game of football. To me there is nothing better than watching NFL action. I like college football to an extent, but this year my Tarheels absolutely stink, and there is not alot to get excited about.
The MNF game was good this week. I was pulling for Denver since New England is a divisional rival of my Jets....too bad Denver let that one slip away. At the same time I have to give credit to Bill Belichek for his decision making in that game. He kept his cool all the way to the end and the end result shows that.

As far as our favorite teams, mine is the Jets. They are having a pretty rough season this year, but in many ways it is a rebuilding year. I take some junk from folks who love to talk their usual smack, but I think supporting your team through tough times means as much or even more than just being pround when they are always winning.

Another thing about MNF. I have learned never to cut the game off until it is completely over. The Colts/Bucs game several weeks ago proved that. Tampa was up by 2 scores with only a couple minutes left and the Colts came back on them to steal it.
I remember a certain game in 1999 when a certain team from NY came back to beat the Dolphins in an all nighter (kept me up till about 2 am).

2-1B
11-05-2003, 11:36 AM
That NE comeback killed me this week, it cost me first place in our pool. :dead:

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2003, 10:51 PM
I had a great week fantasy football wise. All 3 of my WR's did great. Steve Smith, Keenan McCardell, and my main man Santana Moss got 3 TD's!!
I only point this out because I haven't won too many games this season, so I have to enjoy it when it does happen....
Caesar, you're still a Browns fan right? Correct me if I am wrong.

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Take that Chiefs! The jungle is back!

WHO DEY! WHO DEY!

Too bad the Giants lost though, but as a Cincinnati native, I'm happy with the Bengals and their season. Maybe it's too early to say....but I think the Bengals might be making a post season appearance.

Exhaust Port
11-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Holy smokes!!! Does this mean that we all have to stop with our Bengal Bashing?

Nah.... :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Of course it means that, EP. Bash the Browns, Ohio's other team.

jjreason
11-16-2003, 07:04 PM
"YOU DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND.......... YOU LIVE IN CINCINNATI!!!!!!!!!"

Absolutely hilarious. I'll never forget that game, and that rivallry as it was through my young teenage years. Boomer vs Bernie, Sam vs Marty, Ickey Woods, Eric Metcalf, blah blah blah. The NFL's spirit was in Ohio those many years ago. Maybe it's on it's way back with both teams improving.

Exhaust Port
11-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Well now you did it jjreason! Let the Ohio NFL team slump begin. ;)

JetsAndHeels
11-17-2003, 01:34 PM
I have to hand it to the Bengals, they really made a statement by beating KC yesterday. Great work by the team and coaching staff.
On the other hand, if there ever was a defensive nightmare this year it is with my Jets. Played good yesterday offensively, but just showed no heart on the defensive side. It really is sad to see.
I am looking forward to the draft in April so we can get some good defense!!

2-1B
11-17-2003, 01:39 PM
And what jinx did Wyche get as a result of those anti-Cleveland comments? :confused:

That's right, he got a ticket to Tampa to wear the orange and get fired eventually. Indeed. :happy:

Niners by 10 tonight.

billfremore
11-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Did you know that the undefeated 1972 Dolphins get together for a toast when the last winless team falls each season?

I assume they're drinking to the, now starting to look like former, Bungles

Niners to cover tonight

Hellboy
11-17-2003, 06:15 PM
The Cincinnati/KC game was great yesterday. As a result I won $25 and moved up into first place in my football pool. :D YIPEEE....You'll have to excuse me while I do the Ickey Shuffle. :eek: :crazed: :crazed: :stupid:

I guess now I can forgive them for getting over on my Seahawks a few weeks ago.

Does anyone else here have DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket?

Monday Night Prediction:
Pittsburgh-17 San Francisco-21

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2003, 11:19 PM
I remember when the Steelers were good on Monday Night... :cry: And to lose to the dreaded _____ (I can't bring myself to say their name... stupid San Francisco team :mad: )

2-1B
11-18-2003, 12:31 AM
I meant Niners by 16. :D

billfremore
11-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Oh and I meant niners to cover the spread.:)

Anybody wanna take a crack at predicting what 2 teams are going to the Superbowl this year?

kool-aid killer
11-18-2003, 09:48 AM
If it aint da Bears, then i dont care!!!

James Boba Fettfield
11-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Bengals and Eagles.

I believe the Eagles thing, but the Bengals....that's my Cincy heritage coming through. Outside of that, I think the Colts might make it for the AFC.

JetsAndHeels
11-18-2003, 10:34 AM
NFC-I say it will either be the Eagles or Panthers, but it won't matter because I am confident the AFC representative will win the SB.
AFC-Either the Chiefs or the Titans. I think the AFC title game will be just as good if not better than the Super Bowl.

billfremore
11-18-2003, 10:41 AM
I like the Eagles-Chiefs match-up myself.

But it will be interesting to see who survives out of the Colts, Chiefs, Titans and Patriots to go to the Superbowl.

The 'Xir
11-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey, didn't you guys hear? The BROWNS are going to the SuperBOWL!!!

..excuse me I'll be right back! :stupid: :happy:

2-1B
11-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Chargers and Falcons.

Hellboy
11-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Chargers and Falcons.

lol...C'mon man everyone knows it's finally the Cardinal's year. :crazed:

QLD
11-25-2003, 02:15 AM
Well, I went to the Falcons-Titans game yesterday (I have season tickets, and well.....it was a typical Falcons game. Up 21-0 in the first quarter....and then lose 38-31. They haven't won a game at home this year, and it isn't looking good.

I tailgated with my best friend, and our wives. It was a pretty good time, until the 2nd quarter of the game.

The picture of my best friend screaming is when we went ahead 21-0.

Anyway, I took a few pictures at the game, and I will share them with you.

QLD
11-25-2003, 02:18 AM
The picture of me, is when we were in the 4th quarter, and the Falcons kickoff returner let the ball bounce off his chest for a Titans fumble recovery and easy TD. Not to mention that we are now losing at this point.

My seats are on the 20 yardline, at the top of the bottom level, on the visitors side. I love them.

Anyway, a fun time was had anyway.

Hope you guys enjoy.

2-1B
11-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Cool pics LIMP.
But I would have assumed 12Inch was screaming not at the score but rather at that cheerleader pic. :D

Sorry about that loss (well not really because the Titans are my second favorite team :crazed: ) but what did you think of those alternate red jerseys?

You know, I'm now tempted to get that McFarlane Vick variant. ;)

QLD
11-26-2003, 11:21 AM
I thought the alternate jerseys were OK. Truthfully, I kind of wish they were the permanent jerseys.

I miss the old Red jersey with black logos, and the grey pants. Those were great.

The 'Xir
12-01-2003, 03:12 PM
After that disaster against Cincy, It would take a miracle for Pittsburgh to make the playoffs, but I think it could still be done on paper! :rolleyes: Yep ok I've given up this season! Tonights Matchup should be interesting! Fantasy wise I need Frank Wycheck and Keith Bulluck to have big nights!
My prediction: Titans-34 Jets-13