PDA

View Full Version : SW Hall of Fame Assortment

Banthaholic
11-06-2003, 01:46 AM
I got an email from EE, and it lists the following
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715E

Star Wars 3 3/4 inch Hall of Fame (HOF) action figure assortment. This assortment features previously released figures with all-new packaging. Contains 12 individually packaged figures: 1x HOF Chewbacca Mechanic (NEW), 1x HOF R2-D2 (NEW), 1x HOF C-3P0 (NEW), 1x HOF Obi-Wan, Coruscant (NEW), 1x HOF Anakin Skywalker Hangar Duel (NEW), 1x HOF Stormtrooper (NEW), 1x HOF Yoda (NEW), 1x HOF Darth Maul, Theed Hangar Duel (NEW), 1x HOF Princess Leia, Imperial Captive (NEW), 1x HOF Hans Solo, Flight To Alderaan (NEW), 1x HOF Luke Skywalker (NEW), 1x HOF Darth Vader Throne Room (NEW) (subject to change).
Tent. Set to arrive Feb '04

Thoughts on the re-releases?

LTBasker
11-06-2003, 02:25 AM
So they're rereleases? And all that time I thought they were gonna be new figures with better sculpts and such. Rereleases is ridiculous. Heck we already got some of those THIS YEAR.

If they were resculpts of them, that'd be one thing. This Hall of fame thing is just another way to rerelease figures so they don't have to make detailed sculpts.

R2 could be good if it's hologram Leia R2 though.

Kidhuman
11-06-2003, 11:33 AM
I saw that case last night as well. I thought it was a joke. I cant stand re-releases. Unless of course I didnt get them the first time around.

bobafrett
11-06-2003, 01:44 PM
In the description I read on EE, it said "new" after I think every figure. But if it was new, then how could it be a "Hall of Fame" figure? Perhaps they were talking about the card. I'll probably be the idiot who buys each and every last one.

Dark Marble
11-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I am pretty happy about it right now only because of all the new stuff that is coming out next year this old stuff will save on the wallet a little bit. I don't need any of the rereleases so here is a whole case full of junk I can skip. I thought that the mechanic chewy was an odd choice since the Bespin escape version puts it to shame but...oh well. :rolleyes:

darthzirock
11-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Star Wars 3 3/4 inch Hall of Fame (HOF) action figure assortment. This assortment features previously released figures with all-new packaging. Contains 12 individually packaged figures: 1x HOF Chewbacca Mechanic (NEW), 1x HOF R2-D2 (NEW), 1x HOF C-3P0 (NEW), 1x HOF Obi-Wan, Coruscant (NEW), 1x HOF Anakin Skywalker Hangar Duel (NEW), 1x HOF Stormtrooper (NEW), 1x HOF Yoda (NEW), 1x HOF Darth Maul, Theed Hangar Duel (NEW), 1x HOF Princess Leia, Imperial Captive (NEW), 1x HOF Hans Solo, Flight To Alderaan (NEW), 1x HOF Luke Skywalker (NEW), 1x HOF Darth Vader Throne Room (NEW) (subject to change).

Man, talk about your unnecessary rehashes! And how arrogant to assume that the new Throne Room Vader is worthy of the HOF designation, too. If they really wanted to give us HOF figs, why not release Mynock Hunt Han and Mynock Hunt Leia as single-carded figures, since almost no one got them in the Cinema Scene from POTF2? Why not re-release Ephant Mon instead of the same Anakin Hanger Duel fig that's still getting clearanced at KB? This is just utterly lame!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeesh . . . well, at least none of the rereleases from this year clogged the pegs. The stormtrooper's good, as long as it's the COMMTech version. I still haven't got the Hangar Duel Darth Maul, maybe I will next time he's out.

thespar
11-10-2003, 08:18 AM
I have the same feeling about the Anakin as i did Jango why do we need him right now if you need a Anakin go check out K & B Toys.

OCB
01-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Carded Pics Here (http://user.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/auctions?userID=robochris_inc&&f=&at=true&alocale=0jp)

Chewbacca Mechanic
R2-D2 POTJ Version
C-3P0 From the MMC Set
Obi-Wan, Coruscant First AOTC Version
Anakin Skywalker Hangar Duel
Stormtrooper (NEW) CTC version (although hard to see the blast mark, might be the 4 Pack)
Yoda First AOTC Version
Darth Maul Theed Hangar Duel (MOTDS)
Princess Leia, Imperial Captive
Han Solo, Flight To Alderaan
Luke Skywalker ANH CTC Version

Turbowars
01-11-2004, 01:54 AM
Here' some quick links

Beast
01-11-2004, 01:54 AM
Well, here's the figures from the Hall of Fame series. A couple crappy choices, but a couple nice ones as well. So let's go thru the figures. Thanks to OCB for the link. The R2-D2 seems kitbashed. Looks like a Commtech head, with a POTF2 Electronic R2-D2 Body. Ehh. :)

http://user.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/auctions?userID=robochris_inc&&f=&at=true&alocale=0jp

Anakin Skywalker: Geonosis Hanger Duel (Saga - Hanger Duel)
C-3PO: Death Star Rescue (POTF2 MMC TRU Figure)
Chewbacca: Escape From Hoth (POTJ Millennium Falcon Mechanic)
Darth Maul: Theed Hanger Duel (Masters of the Darkside 2-Pack)
Darth Vader: Death Star Clash (Masters of the Darkside 2-Pack)
Han Solo: Flight to Alderaan (POTF2 Commtech)
Luke Skywalker: Tatooine Encounter (POTF2 Commtech w/ Saber)
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase (Saga - Coruscant Chase)
Princess Leia: Death Star Captive (POTF2 New Likeness Leia)
R2-D2: Tatooine Mission (POTJ Naboo Escape)
StormTrooper: Death Star Chase (POTF2 Commtech)
Yoda: Battle of Geonosis (Saga - Hanger Duel)

Doh, OCB beat me too it. I was looking up all the proper names from the series, and trying to figure out the R2. Ah well. We have two lists, what the heck. Glad they didn't put any numbers or anything on these. So they won't force folks to purchase them. Nice to see the Stormie back out on the market though. And I want another of them nice shiny C-3PO's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Here's the rest

bobafrett
01-11-2004, 01:57 AM
I may just skip these. I'm going broke buying one of every figure.

Turbowars
01-11-2004, 01:57 AM
Isn't the R2 from the POTJ line?

bobafrett
01-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Okay, I dig the Stormtrooper, so I may have to pick up one of those!

OCB
01-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Isn't the R2 from the POTJ line?

Yeah that's the POTJ R2

Beast
01-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Hey, OCB. Sorry, I was busy grabbing all the names and such from the cards for my checklist updates. And I didn't see that you'd posted as well. Thanks for the ID on the POTJ R2. Still should have been the R2-D2: Commtech version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AmanaMatt
01-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Of the bunch, the C-3p0 makes the most sense - nice seeing one of the better sculpts of this character being re-released and and still vac-metallized...

sith_killer_99
01-11-2004, 10:37 AM
They should have gone with the R2-D2 and holo Leia from the CT line, and the CT Hooded Leia while they are at it!

Oh, and while they are at it, if this is the "Hall of Fame" assortment they should have wrote "Hall of Fame" on the Gold stripe. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for the pics!

rbaumhauer
01-11-2004, 10:49 AM
A few things:

If the R2 is clean (as it appears), I'll grab it - don't think I ever picked up the POTJ version.

It is nice to see MMC 3PO back on the market - I have one, and it is (IMHO) the best clean 3PO they've ever done.

Happy as I am to see CTC Stormie back out, I fear that Hasbro will avoid doing the very desireable SA Stormie if this one is available.

The rest are pretty much okay, except for the two EP2 figures - enough of these were available (and still are) that rereleasing them is ridiculous. Overall, I think it's a good idea to have core characters always available, so this is a step in the right direction, even the actual figures aren't the best choices in some instances.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-11-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm happy with the R2-D2, C-3P0, and Stormtrooper (you can never have to many Stormtroopers :) ). The other I'll pass on the other repacks.

EDIT: Is the Stormtrooper missing his blaster?

OCB
01-11-2004, 12:26 PM
The CTC Stormie didn't have a blaster, only the long rifle. The 4 Pack did have 2 with blasters and 2 with rifles. Hard to tell if this is the 4 pack (no color changing blast mark) or the CTC version (color changing blast mark) The accessories are the same as the CTC version

Anyone know what this is however???

http://img105.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/1/3/2/6/robochris_inc-imgbatch_1073737512/500x375-st-22.jpg

And JJB, no prob :)

Turbowars
01-11-2004, 12:33 PM
The CTC Stormie didn't have a blaster, only the long rifle. The 4 Pack did have 2 with blasters and 2 with rifles. Hard to tell if this is the 4 pack (no color changing blast mark) or the CTC version (color changing blast mark) The accessories are the same as the CTC version

Anyone know what this is however???

http://img105.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/1/3/2/6/robochris_inc-imgbatch_1073737512/500x375-st-22.jpg

And JJB, no prob :)That's the gun and rack of the stormtrooper. I don't read Chinese, but I think the seller was just showing the condition of the card and bubble.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Hmm. Some good choices, some bad choices. The Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase is currently available in the Jedi Warriors 4-pack, no reason to have him out again. That R2 is odd, since it's mostly different - holo Leia head, repainted body (maybe the Jabba's Sail Barge version without the drink dispenser?) - I may get it, but I'll have to see more pics first. That C-3PO is the only MMC figure I got and it's nice, good to see it again (though I would've preferred a Jabba's Palace version with slime, removable eye, and Salacious Crumb, but you can't win 'em all).

On the plus side, the packaging for the cups look sweet. :D

Turbowars
01-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Hmm. Some good choices, some bad choices. The Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase is currently available in the Jedi Warriors 4-pack, no reason to have him out again. That R2 is odd, since it's mostly different - holo Leia head, repainted body (maybe the Jabba's Sail Barge version without the drink dispenser?) - I may get it, but I'll have to see more pics first. That C-3PO is the only MMC figure I got and it's nice, good to see it again (though I would've preferred a Jabba's Palace version with slime, removable eye, and Salacious Crumb, but you can't win 'em all).

On the plus side, the packaging for the cups look sweet. :D The R2 is the POTJ version without dirt. Look at the leg. It is not retractable unlike the Bar2-D2.

TheDarthVader
01-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I agree with everyone so far. I see that the majority opinion is:

1. Get R2 D2 if you missed the POTJ version (I already have him)
2. Get C3PO if you missed the coin version (I will have to get him)
3. Get the Stormtrooper because this is a great figure (I will get one or two)

The other figures...I couldn't care less about. Hasbro is using those figures that Wal Marts, Targets, KBs, and K-Marts sent back to them and are trying to pass them off. NOT GOING TO WORK HASBRO!!!

InsaneJediGirl
01-11-2004, 04:22 PM
I'll probably pick up a few CTC Stormies.I've been waiting for Hasbro to release these and one cant have too many types of troopers in the collection.I have just about ever other Hall of Fame figure being released.

LTBasker
01-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Probably will pick up some Stormtroopers and 3PO, I meant to get him when he was with the coin. Vader, Maul, Han, Leia, and Luke were already offered though. What's with that? At least give them something more. Give Han like half a Cantina seat, Leia could've been the CTC Leia to interact with R2. Could've given the Stormtrooper his regular rifle, and Luke the blast shield helmet. But I'm guessing this is stuff they couldn't sell during the TRU sales, and the Vader/Mauls they had sitting in their warehouses.

HD Anakin's not too bad, hopefully it's a sure thing he'll have the plastic peg. I may pick up another one of him then.

Silent Chazz
01-11-2004, 06:10 PM
What I like about the HOF figures is I was never able to get the Yoda or HD Anakin. Now I will be able to.

plasticfetish
01-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Ditto on the Stormtrooper, R2 and C-3PO. It'll be nice to have that particular 3PO on a regular card now.

jjreason
01-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Im actually happier seeing rereleases than resculpts of the same figures over and over. Saves me money, and gives new collectors a chance at getting key characters, which will drive the line. Smart move by Hasbro in my opinion.