PDA

View Full Version : I really hate Hyperspace

billfremore
11-06-2003, 09:25 AM
I am getting so sick of the Hyperspace option on the official web site.

I wanted to post a question to the jedi council today and it informed me that I needed to be signed-in to submit a question. When I went to sign in it took me to the Hyperspace registration screen.

So they're telling me now that if I simply wanted to pose a question to their panel of Star Wars experts, I have to pay $19.95?.

Puh-lease. :rolleyes:

I can understand paying for exclusive content but not to just pose a question.

Do they really need my money that bad?

plo koon 200
11-06-2003, 11:42 AM
I'm paying for Hyperspace and am just as displeased as you are. There has been no new content. The only time there was content was during filming and that was it. And the Clone Wars cartoons coming up are not worth the cost of Hyperspace. They really need to start delivering again or I may not continue my service.

Pendo
11-06-2003, 03:41 PM
I agree that at the moment Hyperspace has been slow but it's sure to pick up soon. Hyperspace members are sure to get the Episode III trailers before anyone else, aswell as more exclusive Episode III stuff. I think it'll start picking up again after Christmas.

PENDO!

billfremore
11-06-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm not knocking the great stuff that the Hyperspace members do get I'm just upset that only Hyperspace members can post questions to ask the Lucasfilm folks.

Even so I think I'd have a hard time justifying spending $19.95 U.S. (26.72 CDN) on content that may get better.

I guess I'm just one of those folks who has a hard time accepting that starwars.com charges now for what they used to give away for free.

Does Lucas really need that much more money?

And please, nobody tell me they need it to keep the website running. I don't believe that.

There are plenty of corporate and newspaper sites that don't charge.

LTBasker
11-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Star Wars.com really sucks now too. Pretty much any article lately is hyperspace exclusive. Why don't they go ahead and make it $20 to access the site, that's basically all it is anyways.

DarthChuckMc
11-06-2003, 05:56 PM
....but it's $20 ONE TIME for a year. Come on....how many of us haven't spent a cool $20 on junkfood, cigarettes, fastfood, etc...just in the past week.

LTBasker
11-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah but $20 could buy:

4 Figures, or
One screen scene, or
One TRU 4-pack, or
One of the CW vehicles (excluding the Gunship), or
a Hasbro lightsaber, or
something else. :D

billfremore
11-07-2003, 01:27 PM
I refuse to spend $20 on something that used to be free. :frus:

I already have dropped thousands of dollars on movie tickets, books, comics, videos, DVDs, figures and other miscellaneous Star Wars paraphenelia.

They are not getting one more cent out of me for anything more.

jjreason
11-07-2003, 04:24 PM
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know of one other fan site (on the clean side of the web) that makes you pay for access. Stupid, especially in light of the argument that they don't need the money - and allowing people to access the articles, etc. breeds more business for them in the long run. I think if we did one of Tycho's polls about our thoughts on this whole thing, the results would be overwhelmingly against it. Im not a spoiler freak, so knowing anything early doesn't interest me, nor does seeing any trailers earlier than need be. Spoiler Freaks might love it I guess, providing what they're getting is "worth" the money.

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2003, 04:44 PM
We had a poll (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19661) on the issue before they launched it asking how much would people pay for Episode 3 content. Results heavily favored the $0 option.

JediTricks
11-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Maybe someone should suggest this to Tycho as a new poll, see if the numbers have changed.

rabidewok
11-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Blah isn't it enough we have to pay to get online on TOP of whatever else they want.
I say they should at least send you something cool in the mail..

w00t first post.

Jargo
11-09-2003, 09:13 AM
I don't even bother to go to SW.com anymore simply because there's nothiong worth going for now that all the articles are Hyperspace exclusive and the interactivity requires you to be registered as a hyperspce junkie. There's no point going for action figure news when star wars hasbro already post the exact same images in higher resolution mostly. It's a redundant gesture to leave the main site open when quite clearly they only want paying customers. Screw star wars .com. There are better more informative websites out there that are free.

plo koon 200
11-09-2003, 12:04 PM
It even seems that way when it even comes to spoilers.

billfremore
11-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Oh I am about at my wits end with SW.com now! :frus:

Once again another fine screwjob on anyone living outside the U.S.!

Now it's telling me that I can't see the Clone Wars cartoons on the site because I am outside the U.S.

I agree with you Jargo, there is nothing on that site worth going after anymore that you can't get elsewhere.

I am officially no longer visiting that site.

InsaneJediGirl
11-12-2003, 03:38 PM
I never vist SW.Com anymore.I used to go for some Databank entries,but I'm sure that will become Hyperspace exclusive as well.

Non-U.S. Residents cant see the Clone Wars?What a load.Considering that the cartoon is one giant commerical,one would think that any Hyperspace member,no matter what country could see it.:rolleyes:

jedihunter25
11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
I myself,am a Hyperspace member. I don't even visit the site anymore since the end of the Set Diaries and Webcam. Now it feels like I got ripped-off $20. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The 'Xir
11-13-2003, 12:20 AM
I think I visited SW.com once last week 'cause I wanted to check the cast list for some reason(which escapes me now), and I think that is the first time I've gone to the site in about 3 to 4 months! After all we have invested in GL's little Empire, I think the $20 bucks should go to buying a share(or two) in the company! How many companies does he have again, like 9? How about 1 share per company as an IPO! Now that would be worth $20, and give us reason to keep buying all the crud that keeps pouring out of their marketing departments!
Actually F the other 6 companies I'll just take 3 shares each of ILM, SkywalkerSound and Lucas Liscensing, seeing as how they will probably be the more stable and lucrative companies after SW is done and over with!(in regard to the films that is) :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

plo koon 200
11-29-2003, 06:55 PM
I'm still not happy with Hyperspace but the recetn webdoc was okay but were they not free for EI and EII (don't answer I know they were). Yah Hyperspace really sucks. They really need to do something original.