PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed Clonetrooper, Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca PICS!

Battle Droid
11-06-2003, 07:28 PM
From, http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm6.showMessage?topicID=1160.top ic

http://theaustinzone.com/NewestUnleashed.JPG

Kidhuman
11-06-2003, 07:39 PM
Since when did Luke ever use his saber in X-Wing gear? I dont care for the clone, and cant see enough of chewie to get a good opinion of him.

Turbowars
11-06-2003, 07:39 PM
Cool, I wonder if Luke comes with a AT-AT part platform because that's the only time he has his saber out. Chewy looks pretty POed

Kidhuman
11-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Thats right, he did use it then. My bad.

LTBasker
11-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Luke and the Clone don't look too bad. I like the dead Clone on the base.. and the Luke would go well beside a game cube with the Rebel Strike box. ;) The Chewie looks like crap though. Like someone took the 12" slim fast Chewie, dried off his wet look then starched him. ;)

tagmac
11-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Clone trooper looks great. I'll reserve judgement on the other two until we see better pics. Chewie had better have his bowcaster....I hope.

Turbowars
11-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Clone trooper looks great. I'll reserve judgement on the other two until we see better pics. Chewie had better have his bowcaster....I hope.No, I hear he comes with a Hydrospaner(sp?);)

Beast
11-06-2003, 08:37 PM
All three look great. And it's nice to see that they did the correct version of Luke. Since the Snowspeeder Pilot Gear is the only version that actually uses his lightsaber. But they gave him the bulky insulated jacket with the rigged sleeves and the thick grey/white insulated gloves. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
11-07-2003, 12:25 AM
I like what I see so far. Like LTB mentioned, I like the dead clone trooper at the base. The Luke looks good, but the Chewie I'm going to wait to pass judgement until I see a better picture. I already have these pre ordered through EE. I want to get each and every Unleashed figure. One thing with Chewbacca though, is it is very hard to make kair look authentic in plastic, but from what I can see, it looks a lot better than those 12" plastic Chewbacca's that Hasbro put out a few years back that sat and sat on store shelves. I think that's one of the few 12" figures I just wouldn't buy because it looked so awful. The Unleashed line looks far superior.

Hellboy
11-07-2003, 12:25 AM
I think the Clonetrooper and Luke look fantastic. Chewy is a bit hard to make out so I'll wait to pass judgement on him but I bet he'll turn out fine and hopefully with his bowcaster. Has it been announced when we should expect to see these?

187-Maul
11-07-2003, 07:13 AM
the Clonetrooper looks great, sort of how I imagined him, will probably get him :)
don't really care about the other two...

DarthBrandon
11-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Heres' some better pics.

Beast
11-07-2003, 10:31 AM
StarWars.Com now has full pictures up of the 3 Unleashed figures. Chewie look kickarse. Luke looks sweet. And the CloneTrooper looks sweet as well. :)

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/11/news20031107.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
I like the Clonetrooper but would prefer him standing over a destroyed battle droid as opposed to looking like he just popped one of his own. Im debating whether to pick them up if i see them cause i know they disappear quick. I dont collect them but one of you may.

Turbowars
11-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Man, these are Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I love them all, just like the last wave.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
I like the Clonetrooper but would prefer him standing over a destroyed battle droid as opposed to looking like he just popped one of his own.
The blast shot in the chest doesnt tell you he got hit from incoming fire?? :confused: :p

mm74md
11-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Chewie look kickarse. Luke looks sweet. And the CloneTrooper looks sweet as well. :)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ok...at first I didn't agree with you JJB. Luke looked great, but the other too didn't to me. After looking at the larger pix you pointed out, I do have to say that Chewie & CT look pretty cool. I wish we could see the front view of the Clone.

tagmac
11-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Chewie looks AWESOME!!!!! :D :D And the bowcaster looks equally cool! Kudos for not ruining the unleashed Chewbacca like they did with the 12" version. Love the grass base - Endor was when Chewie was at his best! Luke looks great, too...having the snowy base was a nice touch.

JediCole
11-07-2003, 02:45 PM
When do we get the Unleashed...MYNOK?!

The question about Luke in the pilot outfit with his lighsabre is moot since it has long since been establihsed that the Unleashed line is not always about "movie accuracy", but rather a dynamic approach to presenting the character. Sometimes accuracy is uncanny (see Unleashed Han Solo) sometimes it is outrageous (see Unleashed Mace Windu's curiously awkward pose or Maul sheathed in some kind of Force vortex), or every once in a while, just what we have always wanted to see (Unleashed Boba Fett! Who didn't see this as the most obvious unfilmed scene long before the Unleashed line?). Personally the only two Unleashed I've ever wanted were Leia (I just love her Jabba's Palace outfit, no surprise) and Boba Fett (who didn't see that one coming). I'm considering Han Solo too, since it is rather reserved and accurate by comparison to most. The problem of course is FINDING them. However Diamond Comic Distributors has again begun to offer Star Wars figures to their customers (like me), so it looks like I can buy a full case of the Solo/Fett/Yoda wave! Finally!

And apart from the tounge-in-cheek suggestion of the Unleashed Mynok, I think it would be kind of fun to have Unleashed Gonk! I jokingly suggested this on an early Unleashed thread quite some time back, but I think it would be hilarious to have a Gonk posed triumphantly over the shattered remains of 8D8 and his torture rack while one of its legs is thrust dynamicly forward as if to be kicking his tormentor's head across Jabba's Palace! (8D8's severed head would of course be attached to the foot by a length of translucent plastic to illustrate the movement of the head through space, much like the little "jump points" on the Unleashed Yoda.

But seriously, though I don't personally care for most of the Unleashed line, I do like the concept and find most of them to be kind of fun. I would like to see Lando, Bossk (my favorite bounty hunter), Greedo, and perhaps even a Tusken Raider given the Unleashed treatment.

Oh yeah, and don't forget Unleshed Sio Bibble! He's sculpted standing up in a rigidly defiant posture, a cruel sneer upon his lips and one fist raised defiantly. Now THAT is Unleashed!

74Nova
11-07-2003, 04:30 PM
What a great line of toys!!!

Chewy looks awesome! May have to pass on the Clone Trooper, looks kind of generic. Luke I am not sure on yet, I would have prefered a Bespin or Degobah one first.

Just picked up Boba, Yoda & Han today for $17 each! All three are great.

Tycho
11-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Chewie looks incredible! One of the best Unleashed ever - and I rate Boba Fett at the top of the bracket. I wanted him throwing a stormtrooper though (from the Bespin Freezing Chamber scene). But this is more than cool!

The CloneTroopers...hmmm. I would have preferred the gun firing - it's Unleashed after all. And why one's foot is between the other's legs - it's just not right to me. I'll probably buy it though. I'm not a completist, but the only one I didn't buy is Vader Removeable Helmet (and Leia, but only because I couldn't find her!)

Luke is a tough call. He's very squat. I'd hoped with the Unleashed, they'd make him HANGING under the AT-AT or diving out of a stepped-on Snowspeeder cockpit. The pilot uniform is detailed nicely, but he's a bit boring - Obi-Wan almost comes off better with his flowing robe. It looks like Luke though. The sculpter was good, his taste-for-the-moment, questionable. If my applause Wedge is the same scale, I might add him holding his gun to Luke's base, and have the two most famous Rogue Squadron commanders together!
We'll see.

REAL UNLEASHED THEY COULD DO:

Qui-Gon Jinn
Lando Skiff Guard fighting the Sarlaac (or a Nikto)
Lando Bespin Escape
Lando General (exaggerated)
Han Bespin
Han being Frozen
Han being Unfrozen w. Boussh
Han in the torture chair
Han Endor (vs Bikerscout?)
Han Hoth
Leia Ceremony in original poster art pose
Leia Bespin Escape
Leia Endor
Leia Senator
R2D2 blown up
Padme Hanger Battle
Padme Coruscant Landing Platform attack
Padme Kohoun Night Attack
Zam Wessel
Tusken Raider
Wampa Ice Monster
Luke Hoth
Luke Tatooine Original Movie Poster Art
Luke Bespin
Luke Dagobah
Luke Endor (vs. Speederbike)
JarJar Binks
Obi-Wan Theed Generator Battle
Obi-Wan Death Star Final Duel
Stormtrooper
Snowtrooper
Bikerscout
Sandtrooper
Death Star Trooper
Admiral Piett (Battle of Endor)
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Endor Rebel Soldier
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Wicket Ewok Attack
Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid (hitting old Battle Droid aside)
Destroyer Droid
Ki-Adi Mundi
Plo Koon
Sora Bulq
Eeth Koth
Baltar Swan
SaeSee Tiin
Aayla Secura
Kit Fisto
(more Jedi, but the above could be coolest)
Emperor's Royal Guard

and the list goes on...

TheDarthVader
11-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Chewie--not bad at all, nice figure, good depiction of angry chewie
Clone Trooper--not interested, do not like the position of the "deceased" clone trooper's legs...looks like he is in a limbo contest...otherwise looks okay
Luke--did not use the lightsaber that much in his x-wing gear to go and sculpt an unleashed figure of him!!! I don't care for this figure even though he looks alright

Turbowars
11-07-2003, 04:40 PM
What a great line of toys!!!

Chewy looks awesome! May have to pass on the Clone Trooper, looks kind of generic. Luke I am not sure on yet, I would have prefered a Bespin or Degobah one first.

Just picked up Boba, Yoda & Han today for $17 each! All three are great. Not a bad price, where did you get them from?

aikman8_1999
11-07-2003, 04:50 PM
more cool unleashed figures that we will never see at retail.
what a joke
anyone ever get that poledancer leai?

i have my pick of a million amidala's that look nothing like her but where are the han/yoda's and all the other cool ones?

i can buy them for $30+ online if i wish i guess

74Nova
11-07-2003, 05:51 PM
I picked them up at a place called ToyBliss here in Portland, OR. I rolled in at about 11:45 & they were just opening the boxes! They have a website, www.toybliss.com, though I am not sure if they are posted on there.

kool-aid killer
11-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Pedr0']The blast shot in the chest doesnt tell you he got hit from incoming fire?? :confused: :p

I just think the dead clone looks akward laying at another clones feet. A battle droid would have looked much better as if to show their superiority over robotic warriors.

bobafrett
11-08-2003, 02:53 AM
After seeing the newest pictures of Chewbacca, man I must say I'm impressed! I love his bowcaster swung out, ready to shoot first, stomp on the dead corpse later. I also like the Luke in his snowspeeder gear. Aouth the only thing that I think would make this a better piece, would be a foot and section of an AT-AT leg implying he was getting ready to go open a can of Whoop A** on the Empire.

LTBasker
11-08-2003, 06:17 AM
Star Wars Episode IXII: Funky Wunkys
Chewbacca finally agreed to take a bath, but quickly realized he has been betrayed! He was thrown into a Bespin Washing Chamber but never saw who pushed him!
Climbing out he quickly saw Luke Skywalker crawling out from a pile of white clothes. Figuring he is the most likely suspect, Chewie pulls out his blaster furiously yelling "I SAID NO STARCH!"

And on a Geonosis battle back in the past, Lama Su holds a demostration of how the Clones can now give birth to reinforcements in the middle of battle.

:crazed:

That's the best they could do for these? Hasbro really is blind to potential. -_-

Tycho
11-08-2003, 01:29 PM
LoL Lt Basker. It was a pretty fair roast. But I love the Chewbacca!

darthzirock
11-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Overall, I'm not impressed by any of these except Chewbacca. Luke looks utterly boring compared to the ROTJ Unleashed version, and the dead Clone Trooper lying at the feet of the standing one is idiotic! A blasted Battle Droid would have made much more sense, IMHO. In fact, he could have been standing on a whole pile of mixed Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and Destroyer Droid parts!

Hellboy
11-08-2003, 06:30 PM
After seeing the pic of Chewie I think he looks to be the best of the 3. Even though Luke didn't use his saber much on Hoth I like the pose and it reminds me of the Unleashed Obi-Wan which I loved. The Clonetrooper is probably my least favorite but I do plan on getting all 3.

Thanks for posting the new pics Brandon. :)

bobafrett
11-09-2003, 01:24 AM
Overall, I'm not impressed by any of these except Chewbacca. Luke looks utterly boring compared to the ROTJ Unleashed version, and the dead Clone Trooper lying at the feet of the standing one is idiotic! A blasted Battle Droid would have made much more sense, IMHO. In fact, he could have been standing on a whole pile of mixed Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and Destroyer Droid parts!

I'm curious if they avoided doing that since the Unleashed Anakin is standing on a base of battle droid parts? They may have been going for something slightly different, and I'm sure the clone troopers had to step over fallen comrades.