PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Figures Boxed Images!!!

GNT
12-01-2001, 01:44 AM
collectstarwars.com (http://www.collectstarwars.com) have posted the final product versions of two ofthe 25th Anniversary figures,Han Solo and Chewbacca and Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia!

Check out the front views at the following:

Swing To Freedom - Luke and Leia (http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/basic/25thannlukeleia113001_bxfr.jpg)

Death Star Escape - Han and Chebacca (http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/basic/25thannhanchewie113001_bxfr.jpg)

Dark Knight
12-01-2001, 02:11 AM
I have some question. How much, where, and when?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

GNT
12-01-2001, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
I have some question. How much, where, and when?

$16.00 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2053) at TRU and I'm not sure when they'll be released,probably next year(?)

El Chuxter
12-01-2001, 10:49 AM
Han and Chewie. . . wow. That set is gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. The new Luke looks pretty sweet--he's definitely a new sculpt, so far as I can tell. Not sure about that Leia, though. She still looks manly, and seems to be a hodgepodge of CommTech Leia and New Likeness Leia, though the paint seems to be on par with the sculpt of Monkey Face Leia. :D Hopefully it'll look nicer in person. Still, we finally get a proper POTJ Chewie, and the sculpts on Han and Luke are enough to make me overlook the fact that they're yet another Vested Han and Tatooine Luke.

Ya know, if the Luke looks as nice as the pic, I think he'll dethrone Floppy Hat Luke as the definitive ANH Luke.

bigbarada
12-01-2001, 12:06 PM
I'm really disappointed with the packaging. Why did Hasbro ditch the classic box designs? Oh well, I guess I won't be buying an extra set to keep carded after all. Crappy POTJ colors!!:mad:

The figures themselves look awesome! Luke looks much better than in the previous photos.

evenflow
12-01-2001, 12:38 PM
They are much nicer packaged now, then when we first saw them. Very nice. :crazed:

AmanaMatt
12-02-2001, 02:09 PM
Green used to be my favorite color...ugh! POTJ packaging, IMO, is just not attractive.

JediCole
12-03-2001, 03:44 PM
The first I'd seen of these was right here on SSG, the Luke/Leia set. However, the packaging was different on that prototype and overall it looked like a much better item. As I feared, Hasbro has gone cheap on us, not delivering the wonderful prototype promise, but instead something less than enthusiastic. To what do I refer? If you saw the very FIRST prototype, boxed set of Luke and Leia, not only was the package nicer, but it appeared that the backdrop was actually MOLDED PLASTIC, not just a cheap piece of cardboard. In other words, the doorway behind them was every bit as substantial as the bridge on which they stand. Of course, such an elaborate backdrop for them presents problems for the Han/Chewie set. How do you make a molded backdrop of the Falcon that is set in the background on the Death Star? It was probably this choice of background that forced the decision to make all of them cardboard. Seeing these two, my last decision (upon seeing all prototypes and/or first shots, but prior to seeing these) still stands. I will buy the Han/Chewie set but no others.

GNT
12-04-2001, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I'm really disappointed with the packaging. Why did Hasbro ditch the classic box designs? Oh well, I guess I won't be buying an extra set to keep carded after all. Crappy POTJ colors!!:mad:

if these are coming out next year why aren't they comming out on blue cards?

Starfig873
12-04-2001, 07:49 AM
Hm. Luke and Leia still don't look that good to me. I'll have to wait to see them in the stores I guess.

But I reeeeally want the Han and Chewie now! I think these look like the best set of the three...IMO of course.

Rollo Tomassi
12-04-2001, 09:22 AM
You know it's nice and all that Hasbro is doing something for the 25th anniversary and all but these are basically another resculpt to add to the list. I guess i'll buy them, but I'd rather have some original obscure figures for the 25th anniversary like Hem Dazon or Wioslea.

xboywonder
12-04-2001, 11:16 AM
I agree these are just resculpts in different packaging... I probably won't buy these... I already have several core character figures that seem to be better looking than these anyway.

jedi master sal
12-04-2001, 04:47 PM
All I have to say is YUCK!

The previous packaging was a reminder off the 70's.
I thought that was a novel idea, then some yokel goes and updates it to look like the rest of the line. I thought the idea was to seperate itself as a special piece thereby creating the need by us fans and collectors to buy. Grudgingly I will by these sets but my vote is for the retro look.

GNT
12-07-2001, 12:43 AM
Collectstarwars.com (http://www.collectstarwars.com) have posted an image of the boxed "Final Duel" Obi Wan VS Vader set,check it out at the following link:

Final Duel (http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/basic/25thvaderobi120501_bx_fr.jpg)

Wolfwood319
12-07-2001, 12:35 PM
I'm really liking the Vader/Ben. Its nice to see a hooded been in a dynamic, fighting pose. The fb one was nice, but it wasn't as good as this one.

Another thing, the Han/Chewie is called Death Star Escape, but you never see Han in the death star wearing his regular clothes. He always has either the storm tropper outfit, or the stormtrooper utility belt. Its still a nice set though.

JEDIpartner
12-07-2001, 02:20 PM
I can't even begin to express my disappointment over the packaging. That's fine if Hasbro couldn't mould the door behind Luke and Leia, but the box was great! It recalled the vintage days with a nod to the current line. Now it just looks like the schlocky new line cards and (to quote Jar Jar Binks) well that smells stink-o-whiff! :mad:

jedi master sal
12-07-2001, 02:26 PM
I heartily agree with you JEDIpartnr!

The retro look was a fantastic idea.

I hope that people take to the new look for EPII's packaging. It is somewhat a remider of the classic line while at the same time has it's own identity.

GNT
12-07-2001, 09:24 PM
Oh well, we aren't paying money for the boxes and cards they come on,were paying for the figures that come on the cards and in the boxes :)

Hasbro screwed up again :(