PDA

View Full Version : Who else would you like to see "UNLEASHED?"

tagmac
11-07-2003, 05:07 PM
My credit to Tycho for his post that gave me the idea to start this thread. Personally, I hope they don't make too many more Unleashed figures - my wallet and space can't handle too many more as it is, and I think having too many would cheapen the line (that Vader redux was a good example of this IMO). If we're gonna get anmore, I'd suggest the following:

Jawa shooting at R2-D2 (if not a Jawa, have R2 shooting at an Ewok)
Ugnaught ripping C-3PO's head off
Bespin OR Skiff Lando, not both
Tusken Raider (swinging or raising gaffi stick)
Stormtrooper
Qui-Gon Jinn

No more rehashes of previously released characters (especially Luke and Vader). If we must, then I'd suggest only these two:
Hoth Han - hood up.....I just think this one would look awesome, detail-wise
Boussh OR Leia ANH, not both

Bossk might make a great-looking figure, but I think his character is just a bit obscure for the line. Granted, so is the Ugnaught, but I felt this was the best way to make 3-PO worthy of an unleashed figure.

Other figures I hope they'll avoid at this point, but I could see being made, are:
Ep. I Obi-Wan
ANH Obi-Wan
Royal Guard
Biker Scout
ANH or Bespin Luke
Ep. I Anakin
Sebulba
Wampa
Any other Jedi Knights/council members

darthzirock
11-08-2003, 01:43 AM
The Unleashed line has been a mixed bag, in my honest opinion. The first wave of Maul and Jango Fett was kinda lame. Things since then have improved, but the only one I felt compelled to buy was Princess Leia, as much as I liked the Padme and first Vader. Anakin, Dooku, and Mace Windu all looked pretty good. My local TRU has the Darth Sidious, ROTJ Luke, and AOTC Obi-Wan now. All of these are pretty good, but none of them are must-haves for me.

Given the market, I can see Hasbro doing at least one more Unleashed Vader (probably the Episode III version), as well as Unleashed EIII Obi-Wan. However, in a Utopian society, the following Unleashed figures would get made:

Unleashed Aayla Secura
Unleashed Dagobah Yoda
Unleashed Stormtrooper
Unleashed Jabba the Hutt
Unleashed Oola
Unleashed ANH Luke
Unleashed TESB Luke (with "severed hand" option)
Unleashed EU Mara Jade
Unleashed EU Quinlin Vos
Unleashed Kit Fisto

TheDarthVader
11-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Jawa shooting at R2-D2---disagree
Ugnaught ripping C-3PO's head off--disagree...an ugnaught??
Bespin OR Skiff Lando, not both---agree, Bespin Lando
Tusken Raider--agree
Stormtrooper---agree somewhat...still kinda boring for unleashed
Qui-Gon Jinn--agree totally...would be awesome
Unleashed Jabba the Hutt--too small?? could be neat
Unleashed Oola--disagree
Unleashed ANH Luke--disagree, where is the action?
Unleashed TESB Luke--totally agree; would be cool
Unleashed EU Mara Jade---no EU!!!! ;)
Unleashed EU Quinlin Vos---no EU!!! ;)
Unleashed Kit Fisto---could be awesome, see aayla secura comment
__________________________________________________ ________

My choices:

Plo Koon with removeable mask and goggles
"Flying" Darth Vader from TESB with arms out!!! MY #1 CHOICE
Hoth Han Solo (from probe droid scene) with blaster
Bespin Leia with blaster
Captain Panaka with blaster EpI
Padme Amidala with naboo blaster EpI
Anakin Skywalker (little) Pod Race EpI
Gungan Warrior/Captain Tarpals EpI

gsr-jedi
11-08-2003, 06:35 PM
I can't even see the possibility of an Ugnaught. I think a Stormtrooper could be good; I don't think the new Clone Trooper looks that bad. Qui-Gon - definitely. Bespin Lando and Tusken Raider would both be awesome. Jabba would have to be huge. No EU until more main characters get made.

My choices would be:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Scout Trooper w/Bike. Yeah it'd be big, but maybe the back of the bike is smoking and he's reaching back to fire his blaster.
Leia from ANH or Bespin. She just can't only be made as a half-naked version.
Plo Koon
Tusken Raider
Bespin Luke
Qui-Gonn

Battle Droid
11-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Battle Droid
Security Battle Droid
Commander Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
Super Battle Droid
Geonosian Warrior
Poggle the Lesser
Wat Tambor
Yarael Poof

tagmac
11-08-2003, 08:32 PM
I really wasn't thinking of releasing an Ugnaught, so much as I was trying to figure the best way to put C-3PO in an "Unleashed" type of pose. I figured a takeoff of the Bespin encounter was the best way to go.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Jar Jar Binks! I'm totally serious!

LTBasker
11-08-2003, 11:13 PM
"Unleashed" Jar-Jar was made with the first 27 Saga figures. ;)

I would like to see an Unleashed ARC Trooper, that could be sweet.

TheDarthVader
11-08-2003, 11:19 PM
I'd rather have a gungan warrior or captain tarpals before Jar Jar Binks. I would welcome a Jar Jar unleashed figure...if it was good.

bobafrett
11-09-2003, 01:19 AM
If they would just make an Unleashed Stormtrooper and Unleashed Tusken, my life would be complete. Until I found other figures, then I'd be in the same boat as I'm in now.

Turbowars
11-09-2003, 01:48 AM
Tusken would be a great one, Bobafrett! One with the stick above his head. Simple, but nice. I would like to see a Sandtrooper, Bossk, Gam guard and Aurra Sing. A concept trooper would be cool too.

Tycho
11-09-2003, 02:01 AM
I love the Unleashed Line (most of it anyway, Darth Redux, and the new Luke and maybe the Clones not withstanding).

And I thank you guys for your compliments on my list.

I agree that some of the obscure characters might not make it, because the line is focusing on the most recognizeable characters.

However, I'd like to reconsider several (already on my list) as they'd be very unique discussion pieces for any table top even by themselves, away from the rest of the collection.

The Wampa Ice Monster Unleashed would be crazy! But he's not THAT big that it can't be done. I'd doubt we'd see an on-scale Unleashed Rancor, but a Wampa isn't asking too much.

The Nexu is also possible this way, however, being almost a 25 year vaguely recognizeable icon, and including an awesome snow cave base, the Wampa would be more marketable.

The Tusken Raider, almost done identically to the latest Saga figure, would rock!

A Royal Guard with cape flowing in a full (as of yet) Expanded Universe combat stance with several possibilities for weapons, would be more than wonderful!

Last but not least: do you guys remember the original poster art for "A New Hope?" It was Leia (in cermony dress, but with the buns) below Luke, her brother holding his lightsaber over his head in that double-handed grip we see on all the Saga packaging, and the droids off to the side, with Vader's face behind them?

I'd like Luke and Leia done this way. If it's too much to do them together (likely) then do these same poses, with an interlocking base, and do ANH Luke and Leia this way. It could be the most classic piece in the whole Star Wars Unleashed Line! (even better than the 25th Anniversary Luke and Leia 3 3/4" two-pack).

Veers
11-09-2003, 03:45 AM
I would love to see a At AT Driver or Bossk.

darthzirock
11-09-2003, 03:56 AM
Last but not least: do you guys remember the original poster art for "A New Hope?" It was Leia (in cermony dress, but with the buns) below Luke, her brother holding his lightsaber over his head in that double-handed grip we see on all the Saga packaging, and the droids off to the side, with Vader's face behind them?

I'd like Luke and Leia done this way. If it's too much to do them together (likely) then do these same poses, with an interlocking base, and do ANH Luke and Leia this way. It could be the most classic piece in the whole Star Wars Unleashed Line! (even better than the 25th Anniversary Luke and Leia 3 3/4" two-pack).

Wasn't this already done as a rather expensive statue? I think there was a pewter-finish one, as well as a hand-painted version. I think they could do this either as two separate figures with an interlocking base, or as a nice two-figure piece that had a slightly higher price. Either that, or do it with both figures in a slightly smaller scale.

Also, for things like the Wampa, Rancor, and Jabba, I'd understand if these weren't to scale with the rest of the Unleashed line. They'd still be very cool.

The leaping Vader from TESB might be interesting, except we've already had a Vader from that film, as well as ROTJ. Face it, we need ANH Vader next, followed by EIII Vader. Put him framed in the doorway of the Tantive IV, like when we see him the very first time and that would be sweet!

Bespin Leia w/ blaster was already done--it was called Epic Force back then! :stupid: In fact, I can see a lot of those Epic Force figurines ending up rehashed for Unleashed: One-legged 3PO; Stormtrooper; TESB Luke; ANH Obi-Wan, etc.

However, I will not rest nor relent until Unleashed Aayla Secura is made!!! :crazed:

tagmac
11-09-2003, 08:08 PM
NO MORE VADERS....PLEEEEEEEAAASSSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

kool-aid killer
11-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Like Turbowars said, i love to see a Gamorrean Guard too. Put some blood on his axe and drool coming out his mouth. I would buy that one.

An Ewok (not Wicket though) would be cool with a stormtrooper laying at his feet.

I could think of a few more but they wouldnt be popular enough to warrant a figure.

El Chuxter
11-17-2003, 04:31 PM
My love for the character aside, Kit Fisto could be one of the best Unleashed figures. Imagine him in a combat stance with his dreads flying every which way. Grin or no grin, this would rock.

Unleashed Jabba would be pretty sweet, but you'd almost have to go into an EU scene for a good action pose. But they've already done so for Vader (II) and Maul, so it's possible.

Unleashed Sebulba would absolutely rule. Nothing Sebulba is bad. . . well, except the pink bulldog fetus thing that came with his 3.75" scale podracer.

Unleashed Mara Jade in any costume or scene, so long as she's done well. I think she's so accepted that she almost transcends the EU label. I'd prefer in her classic black costume with goggles around her neck, blue saber in hand. But I'd jump at a figure of her as a Jedi Master or in Arica disguise, too.

Unleashed Yuuzhan Vong Warrior: Overall, Lucas Licensing really dropped the ball on the New Jedi Order. A "generic" Vong Warrior would be perfect in this style. Tsavong Lah or Nom Anor might be cool, too, but my second choice of these fellas would be Unleashed Shimmra, in a battle stance, with Onimi scheming at his feet.

Unleashed Bib Fortuna. For some reason, I think he'd look cool in this style, just standing there, scheming, one hand reaching for his holdout blaster.

Any reptilian character in full combat mode would be great, with my vote going for Unleashed Bossk.

Unleashed Ewok. Don't care who or how. Same goes for Unleashed Jar Jar. Give the guy some dignity already.

How about capturing the offscreen moment when the Battle Droids arrived in Otoh Gunga and Unleashed Boss Nass had to demonstrate why he's the big bad Gungan leader?

Unleashed Qui-Gon is a must. He hasn't gotten enough exposure lately. (One good Unleashed Qui-Gon could make up for the endless rotten resculpts from 1999 and 2000.)

Or maybe Unleashed Jira. She sells fruit and she means business!

2-1B
11-18-2003, 01:41 AM
They should do "Jabba Leashed" with Leia's chain choking the life from him.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-19-2003, 08:13 PM
After seeing chapter 9 of Clone Wars, I wanna see an Unleashed DURGE!