PDA

View Full Version : Choose Your Jedi: a Hammerhead, Wolfman, or Talz (Muftak's species) - for the cartoon

Tycho
11-08-2003, 03:30 PM
At CartoonNetwork.com you can vote for

a hammerhead

a wolfman

or

a Talz (Muftak's species)

to be the featured Jedi in one of next year's Clone Wars cartoons.

This thread is to discuss the merits of each of our choices.

I haven't made up my mind myself, just yet. Giving the Shistavanen Wolfman justice after he was cut out of ANH seems right to me. Plus he's fast and furious, and in cartoons, would remind me of Senior Coyote. He'll need a roadrunning Geonosian to chase around for an opponent! Beep-Beep! (heheheh)

On the other hand, a Talz Jedi would be very powerful.

Seeing an Ithorian just move, would also be fascinating.

What do you guys think?

Kidhuman
11-08-2003, 06:45 PM
I'd say a wolfman. It would probably look the best. I think the others would be dumb looking.

LTBasker
11-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Out of the three I'd prefer the Wolfman. He really gets no respect.. Yea he got a figure, but it wasn't all that great. There have been three Hammerhead figures and they've been featured throughout the prequels quite a bit. As for Talz, well it's really more like a white wookiee with four eyes and a mouth stalk. Plus Muftak is easily seen in the cantina for longer than the Wolfman's original part was.

Plus can't ya just see a Wolfman running through hoards of droids, possibly even ripping them apart? :eek:

*plays Metallica's 'Of Wolf and Man'* :D

Darth Jax
11-08-2003, 11:36 PM
while a hammerhead jedi would be great. i'll have to go with the wolfman. maybe if enough support is generated for the species papa george will put him back in the cantina.

Turambar
11-08-2003, 11:53 PM
I gotta agree with you guys. The wolfman needs revenge for being disrespected by getting cut out of ANH. He would be cool to see in action.

JediTricks
11-09-2003, 04:24 AM
Ithorians are almost all slow-moving and pacifists, right? As cool as it'd be to see what that would produce in a Jedi, the Wolfman figure kicks so much behind that it's almost cool enough to be a Jedi now. :D

2-1B
11-09-2003, 04:54 AM
Yeah, tell them I want a Wolfman JEdi but after they are done animating him I want him erased for that 2 sided thing that they used for 2 different characters in the SE.

If they do go with the Wolfman, I know he'll have a lightsaber but I also want him to use that crazy wrist rifle blaster thing that Kenner packed in with his toy. :p

plo koon 200
11-09-2003, 01:06 PM
I voted for the Ithorian because I really think that could make a cool jedi and who knows maybe they will make an animated figure of it.

LTBasker
11-09-2003, 02:10 PM
I know he'll have a lightsaber but I also want him to use that crazy wrist rifle blaster thing that Kenner packed in with his toy. :p

I think that was a vibro blade thing, not sure though. It would be cool to see him use it either way. When it comes to droids how can it really be to use a blaster? When Luke used a blaster we never heard "Luke! Luke! No!" or anything so it's gotta be ok somewhat :crazed:

Pendo
11-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Voted for Woolfy :D, but I bet he get's cut from the Clone Wars: Special Edition :crazed:!

PENDO!

Beast
11-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Going with the Wolfy also. Since the figure we got, basically looks like he was dressed in PT Jedi clothes anyway. What with the tunic and breeches. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Anakin2121
11-09-2003, 07:54 PM
There have been three Hammerhead figures and they've been featured throughout the prequels quite a bit.

I didn't know either of those things.

bobafrett
11-09-2003, 08:47 PM
I voted for Hammerhead, just to be different. Besides it looks like the wolf is taking the vote right now, with my canidate in a distant third. No love.

rabidewok
11-09-2003, 10:50 PM
I voted for the Talz, I think it would be neat to see it animated. I knew the Wolfman was going to get the votes, but I couldn't see voting for Hammerhead. He scares me :crazed:

LTBasker
11-10-2003, 12:36 AM
I didn't know either of those things.

-Vintage Momaw Nadon
-POTF2 Momaw Nadon
-Cantina Bar Momaw Nadon

And the Hammerhead species has been featured very much in the Senate scenes in both prequels. Hanging out in bars and trying to make their way in the senate, can we really trust them with a lightsaber? :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
11-10-2003, 03:28 PM
I'm going with the wolfman.

Basker's mention of 'of wolf and man' swayed me.

scruffziller
11-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Darn, voted for the Ithorian. Wolfy is in the lead though he is the least of all I want to see.

El Chuxter
11-11-2003, 03:45 PM
I'll have to ponder this. When I saw the commercial on TV, I knew I had to vote for the Bothan. But now I realize he was no Bothan, and Wolfmen are sorta boring, so I'm leaning toward Uckor Nadon. (Hey, everyone's someone's dad in this universe. :crazed: )

Beast
01-25-2004, 02:21 AM
Is it possible they decided to incorperate all three of them? Just noticed that they added the Wolfman, Talz, and Ithorian Jedi's to the Clone Wars Databank. The Wolfman looks pretty damn cool, and I hope they actually consider figures of all three of these guys. The Wolfman especially kicks arse. Be sure to click their pictures for a better shot of each. :)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/voolvifmonn/
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/foulmoudama/
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/roroncorobb/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
01-31-2004, 09:33 AM
I gotta agree with you guys. The wolfman needs revenge for being disrespected by getting cut out of ANH. He would be cool to see in action.I noticed from watching the definitive collection on Laserdisc I seen 2 wolfmen in the cantina. The one that we got a figure of (have to have Widescreen to see him) and one I don't remember being in the SE. He had like really fierce eyes.

Is it possible they decided to incorperate all three of them? Just noticed that they added the Wolfman, Talz, and Ithorian Jedi's to the Clone Wars Databank. The Wolfman looks pretty damn cool, and I hope they actually consider figures of all three of these guys. The Wolfman especially kicks arse. Be sure to click their pictures for a better shot of each. :)

Those are really cool. I sure hope we see all three. The guys who wrote their profile did a very good job doing so.

thomasandrea-call
02-08-2004, 11:43 AM
In the AOTC there are alot of different and cool Jedis and I think that we should see more of them rather then worrying about creating a new one, my favorite in Pablo Jill, I think he is way cooler then the three mentioned. Again that is just my opionion so take it for what it is worth.:)

kool-aid killer
02-11-2004, 10:46 AM
JJB, i hope they do use all three of them. I liked them and being an alien species Jedi is a plus.

thomasandrea-call, first welcome to the forums! There were some cool Jedis that appeared in the arena, but its hard to say who all died and who lived in that battle aside from the main characters. I think eventually we will get most of them (at least i hope) in the regular line. I doubt the creation of these three Jedi exclusive to the cartoon will eat into a slot for a regular Star Wars figure to be produced.

2-1B
02-01-2009, 04:25 PM
The Talz would make for a great threatened group if they ever re-do the animated show in 2009...