PDA

View Full Version : Mon Calamari's role in the CIS and Galactic Empire

Tycho
11-08-2003, 04:24 PM
OK, I think I have it figured out:

EPISODE TWO: AOTC - Senator Tiikes (Quarren, S-MonCal) decides to separate from the corruption in the Republic and join the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The Mon Calamari people go along.

DARK HORSE COMICS: Battle of Kamino General Merral (Mon Calamari, S-CIS) is brought in to take command of the invasion forces attacking Kamino by Arch Duke Passal Argente (S-Corporate Alliance). The Mon Calamari actually engage the Republic's Clones and their Jedi Masters (Gen. Adi Gallia, Gen. Obi-Wan Kenobi, L-Galactic Republic). General Merral is killed at Kamino.

The attack was unapproved by Count Dooku, who allowed the Republic to intercept the invasion plans well before the attack was executed, as it seems the failure to destroy Kamino would weaken the position of those who criticized Dooku's leadership in the CIS. Secretly as Darth Tyranus, he is trying to keep a delicate balance of power in the Civil War, so that "this crisis" may continue, and Chancellor Palpatine retains emergency powers.

EPISODE THREE: - I think that when the Empire is formed, the Mon Calamari will feel threatened or betrayed by the Quarren who will want to make a deal for themselves in the New Order. Captain Ackbar and others might depose Senator Tiikes (who flees and changes his name to Tessek?), while the Mon Calamarians have to be put in their place by the new Imperial Forces, because the Quarren can't handle their own local civil insurrection. Captain Ackbar is captured by the Empire, and taken into slavery by the Imperial Admiral Wilhuff Tarkin, who is appointed to Sector Governor.

This makes sense to me now.

And it leaves all of Mon Calamari anxiously awaiting their chance to join an open Rebellion against the galaxy's central authority all over again.

While I doubt we'll see Mon Calamari (the planet) in Episode 3, it will be in the CW 'toon, and it is no doubt a very important world in the Star Wars galaxy, not to be underrated!

TheDarthVader
11-09-2003, 12:01 PM
I agree, the world Mon Calamari should be shown. They contribute the Mon Calamari cruiser and the signature B-wing to the rebel fleet. (source: West End Games) I hope that we get to see hundreds of Mon Calamari at one time. What a scene that would be!

The 'Xir
11-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Don't get me going on this issue! I'm happy with the PT so far, but man there is so much more that could have been done! :frus:

Anakin2121
11-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Tycho, what the heck is all this "S" stuff? What's "S-Moncal" and "S-CIS"?