PDA

View Full Version : Anything that should change?

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 12:58 AM
So......we all love the POTJ line, it gets better and better. Right? Well I was thinking, "What could be done better about the figs?" Besides the obvious, of course (better articulation((which they are working on)), more accessories, more detail, etc.) I think they need a new pack-in. I was thinking maybe like a control console, we can never have too many of those, because we only have a few. Or maybe a cool bigger accessory. Something! Those Force Files are not bad, but not good either, so we need to do something about it? What do you think needs change?

2-1B
08-19-2001, 01:04 AM
I agree that the Force Files should go. I'm still fond of the J. Geils Freeze Frames.

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 01:06 AM
I didn't like the freeze frames either, who has slide projectors anymore? I would like something more useful!

2-1B
08-19-2001, 01:13 AM
True, they aren't very useful. But I do like them on the cards. Same goes for original PotF coins. Sure, they are pretty useless but the few carded ones I have look really neat.

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 01:15 AM
But I don't keep mine in cards, unless I want to, which is VERY rare. So that doesn't help me much. I want something that can actually be used and look cool too.

GNT
08-19-2001, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
I didn't like the freeze frames either, who has slide projectors anymore? I would like something more useful!

I have a slide projector that works I'd say it's in C9 condition

Starfig873
08-19-2001, 07:33 AM
A simple stand with an image of the character would suit me fine. That or a nifty hologram of the character....like those that came with the Doritos back in '97! :)

humsup
08-19-2001, 08:24 AM
Here I go again on my crusade for the Ultimate figure. I was thinking if a figure in a standard blister card can be produce to depict 2 scenes, then it'll be great.
Currently I think General Veers suit the pack. He will have removable helmet and chest armour. Accessories will be Officer's Cap and blaster pistol (in holster). There u go, he can depict a battle scene in Hoth as well as attending some Officer's function in his usual military suit.

Eternal Padawan
08-19-2001, 08:43 AM
How about NO pack-in and smaller packaging and smaller price.

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
How about NO pack-in and smaller packaging and smaller price. Pack-ins do not drive the price up, they are virtually inconsequential to the final manufacturer's cost of the figure, they are there to add "value" to the average consumer to offset the higher prices which Hasbro was gonna raise either way.

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 07:51 PM
I think I remember someone suggesting that they include a small plastic holographic version of the character (like the holo maul, only small). I like that idea alot too!:D

GNT
08-20-2001, 01:27 AM
I think the price should go down,Since the 95 figures the figures have doubled that price and more and is getting to be a very expensive hobby!!!!!!

Lower the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PloKoon2385
08-20-2001, 03:15 PM
Lowering would be cool, but they did, by a dollar, according to TRU. But if they lower it too much, there wont be as many features n stuff.:(

Lobito
08-20-2001, 04:21 PM
Besides more accesories, hasbro should also put a photo of all the figures they have produced in the back of the card. (Just figures that are sold in single cards, and they should also make a catalog that includes all the vehicles, playsets, beasts, etc.)

badtaste
08-20-2001, 05:01 PM
Think they have to do the FX stuff again.

2-1B with light-up belly or expoding R5-D4.