PDA

View Full Version : Why are my Clone Trooper's eyes red?

plasticfetish
11-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Just today I was lucky enough to find one of your Deluxe Clone Wars figures, the "Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike." It seems like a very nice toy, but I have one question ... why are his eyes colored bright red? (Please see attached image.) If there is some hidden significance I would very much like to know. Thank you for your time.

-plasticfetish

bobafrett
11-11-2003, 12:29 AM
You have the Satan version of the cloned Jango Fett. ;~)

PF, I just went and checked my figure, and he too has the red eyes. Guess they were out to late at the Cantina.

plasticfetish
11-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I pretty much assumed that it had to do with demonic possession ... but I want to hear it from Hasbro. (Hah.)

I love the fact that, probably, the person sitting down to paint these only had like maybe 4 paint colors to use so they just used the red for the eyes. Why not a bit of the brown that was sprayed on the feet? Why not just leave them all black? I'm just gonna assume that they were color blind ... or the demon thing.

Kidhuman
11-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Guess there was an epidemic of Pink Eye going around when they made that batch of clones(no pun intended).

Evil looking though

Jargo
11-11-2003, 01:31 PM
I'd be more concerned about the crappy overspray and underspray on that there figure and the fact that his left eye is practically sprayed all over his forehead. Wow great QC from hasbroken yet again.

plasticfetish
11-11-2003, 02:48 PM
I'd be more concerned about the crappy overspray and underspray on that there figure and the fact that his left eye is practically sprayed all over his forehead. Wow great QC from hasbroken yet again.
Yeah, that speaks for itself really ... I get tired of pointing that kind of stuff out. That and the fact that his hairline is just a bit off. Fortunately he comes with a helmet.

Does anyone know if the first (saga) release of this one has the red eyes?

bobafrett
11-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Yes, I just went and looked at my saga Clonetrooper with speederbike, and he does have the Red eye. At least the paint was a little better on the saga figure. I looked at the newer version, and his eyes are red, the pupils are black, and off to the side of the red. You'd think those underpaid workers in the factories in China could get it right.

JEDIpartner
11-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Yeah... someone brought this up with the first release of the Clone Trooper/speederbike from last year. I dunno what the deal is . Maybe they were thinking "ehhh... close enough to brown." You know how they are about these things.

:rolleyes: