PDA

View Full Version : Old Unleashed to be re-released on new card. We all knew this was going to happen!!!

Turbowars
11-11-2003, 12:14 AM
EE has a new case listed with 2 Slave Leia, 2 Luke's, 1 Palpy and 1 Obi. HASBRO, the king of REHASH!! I would like to get the Slave in a the new packaging!!

Jayspawn
11-11-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm glad because Slave Leia and Vader naver made it to my area.

darthzirock
11-11-2003, 02:17 AM
I'm glad because Slave Leia and Vader naver made it to my area.

Well, Vader (neither version) isn't in this assortment, either! Just have to hope he makes it into the Chewie, Clone Trooper, and Hoth Luke wave, I suppose.

Seeing as how a lot of stores didn't stock these beyond the Jango Fett/Darth Maul wave, I have no problem with putting these back out there. Even when Wal-Mart was still stocking them, the Anakin/Padme/Vader wave was still very hard to find. I myself would like to get the first Unleashed Vader (TESB version), as well as a Padme. I did manage to snag a Princess Leia when that wave appeared at TRU, but I'm sure there are plenty of other collectors who never saw her at retail.

bobafrett
11-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Well, I have the first versions, and while I may collect all the repacks on the 3.75 inch figures, these are just to much for my budget to justify buying a second set for a package change.

TK924
11-11-2003, 02:18 PM
EE has a new case listed with 2 Slave Leia, 2 Luke's, 1 Palpy and 1 Obi. HASBRO, the king of REHASH!! I would like to get the Slave in a the new packaging!!

Thank god! Now maybe I can get this set. It's been a pain to find any Unleashed figs at a good price.

Tycho
11-11-2003, 02:42 PM
I need Leia, so that is good news.

Luke sells, too!

Sidious and Obi-Wan are slower to move in my area (they are on the racks at my TRU for 3 days now - though they could be restocked after some sold). But Luke is gone!

I have a friend that doesn't collect all the Unleashed, just the ones he likes, and he got Obi-Wan though, and really likes him.

I think Obi-Wan is OK. Mine is next to my Mace, Padme, and Anakin Unleashed Figures, and I like it too. It's just not my favorite by a long shot. - But nothing's wrong with it. To appreciate Obi-Wan Kenobi, this is what it should be. But I guess I wanted Obi-Wan, rain-soaked and fighting on Kamino to go with my Jango, and had kind of expected that.

There are 18 Unleashed Figures now (I think...) and 7 are from Geonosis. That's enough already (save for some kind of Super Battle Droid - Destroyer Droid they could do).

checking my numbers:

1. Maul (Naboo?)
2. Jango (Kamino)
3. Anakin (Geonosis)
4. Padme (Geonosis)
5. Vader (Bespin)
6. Dooku (Geonosis)
7. Mace (Geonosis)
8. Leia (Tatooine)
9. Vader 2 (Star Destroyer Executor?)
10. Luke (Death Star II)
11. Sidious (Death Star II)
12. Obi-Wan (Geonosis)
13. Boba Fett (Tatooine)
14. Yoda (Geonosis)
15. Han Solo (Tatooine)
16. Luke Pilot (Hoth)
17. Clone Troopers (Geonosis)
18. Chewbacca (Endor)

Beast
11-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, it doesn't say anywhere that she was getting put on a new card. They could just be inserting the old one in the new cases to meet demand. Makes more sense for Hasbro to do that, then have new cards made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Well, it doesn't say anywhere that she was getting put on a new card. They could just be inserting the old one in the new cases to meet demand. Makes more sense for Hasbro to do that, then have new cards made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksTake another look JJ. It not only states it on GH, but on EE too.

Beast
11-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Hey, I'm to old to go to other sites to read the news. I'm old dammit, I want my news spoonfed to me. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
11-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Well, I was never too fond of this line. I only plan on buying 4-5 of these and I will be opening them all. So it's really no big deal to me.

I did manage to find Darth Sidious, Obi-Wan and Luke the other day...I passed on all of 'em.

Darth Sidious is almost as hidious as the new SAGA Emperor. And yes, I saw the new Emperor up close the other day and passed on him as well. :eek:

jedibear
11-17-2003, 02:19 AM
I won't be re-collecting these figures on new cards...despite my best efforts, I can't resist OPENING each one of these I get. In fact, the only two I haven't opened are the Padme (I dunno...this on still doesn't quite work for me) and the Sidious (still looks like Norma Desmond on steriods to me..."Hey! You're Darth Sidous! You used to rule the galaxy! You used to be big!" :I AM big...it's the Death Stars that got smaller!" Oops....I digress....

Wow...we're up to 18 already.

My favorite is the Obi-Wan. The scuplt just so perfecly captures his essence.
Still haven't seen hide nor hair of the Yoda wave...looking forward to that Fett...and that wave for next year! WOW! They all look like winners...and no, I don't think any of 'em will be living on their cards...

If you haven't snagged that Leia...be sure n' grab it if it is re-issued. She puts the VA! in va-va-va-voom...without being overdone like her mom...and the first Vader is really cool too.

This line keeps getting better and better...I hope they get to Qui-Gon before it's over....