PDA

View Full Version : Pumping Iron arrives on DVD!

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2003, 02:38 PM
After much waiting for a film I love, the time for it's arrival has arrived and I was totally oblivious to it happening. Pumping Iron was released on dvd today! JJB told me it was rumored to be coming many months ago, and I must of failed to see the news that the dvd was happening.

Anyway, for those who don't know, Pumping Iron is a documentary featuring everyone's favorite body builder turned actor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and some other body builders (including the great Lou Ferrigno and his very determined father/coach) as they compete for the titles of Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia. It's more than just seeing the guys all oiled up and showing off for judges, you get to see some of the offstage acts used to give competitors an edge over each other.

The film isn't just for lovers of competitve body building. I'm not into bodybuilding and I love this film. You get to see the work that these guys go through in order to compete. The stuff between Lou and his dad, very good. The drive behind Arnold, though, that's one reason why I love this film. Arnold has this attitude of never giving in and knowing he's the best, even when put up against a hulk like Lou. Great film and I recommend it to everyone.

derek
11-11-2003, 05:32 PM
The stuff between Lou and his dad, very good

i'll definately be picking up a copy of this one.:) did you know that stuff with lou's dad was all staged? apparently lou's dad cared nothing about his son's bodybuilding career, and was encouraged by the filmmakers to be "super dad" to add some drama to the story.

everytime i see this film, it just blows me away how big arnold's arms were. even though he'd get blown off a pro stage today, he probably had some of the best arms of any competitive bodybuilder ever.

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2003, 05:41 PM
I did not know that, derek. Well, it's still cool to see Lou and Arnold together on the film.