PDA

View Full Version : Rumored changes/corrections to OT for DVD Release!!!

Toad
11-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Found this at another website, where a poster found it somewhere else. It is probably just fan lore and fanciful thinking - but I would LOVE to see all this come to fruition. I think GL should do all of this (yet possibly also release the Originals for those of you that are purists) --- anything that makes the entire story more cohesive and ties up any lose ends is the BEST THING possible.

Originally posted by al_bundy
Here is a post I saw on slashdot.org last week when the story first came out.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were listed on the Star Wars Galaxies forums, so take them as you will. The guy who posted 'em swore they were legit, but we all know how that goes.

Got this off of a site that talks about movies, 411mania.com. I kept in the post the actual site they got their info from. Sounds good...and bad......the endings of Return of the Jedi I'm sure you'll hate now. Anyways, here it is:

CREDIT: AICN news

Episode IV: A New Hope

01. The Imperial March has been added to Darth Vader's first appearance on Princess Leia's ship.
02. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's Theme plays in the background and then it turns into the Imperial March as he talks about Vader.
03. The lightsaber effects have been redone and the frame jumps of lightsabers being turned on has been removed.
04. There's a new scene which has been shot during the filming of Episode III in which the Emperor dissolves the Senate.
05. In the Cantina, the Duros(green aliens guys) have been replaced with Neimoidians and some aliens from the prequels have been added.
06. The bleeding arm on the floor in the Cantina has been replaced with a non-bleeding arm because it's now canon that lightsabers cauterize wounds.
07. The original shooting scene between Han and Greedo has been restored.
08. Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale.
09. In place of R2 wobbling down the stairs to the Falcon's hangar, a CG R2 navigating the stairs like he does in Attack of the Clones was added.
10. The white boxes around space ships have been removed and new CG shots have been added.
11. The scene of the Falcon being chased by the two Star Destroyers was modified. The Falcon now does spinning moves, avoiding the Star Destroyers' fire.
12. When the Death Star destroys Alderaan there's a new scene of Yoda's reaction to the disturbance in the Force that is created by all those deaths and then it cuts to Obi-Wan reacting to it as well.
13. The Dianoga has gotten a CG makeover and were are now able to see more of the creature.
14. The Death Star's paneling and computers have been slightly altered to show similar displays to those in the prequels.
15. The words "Tractor Beam" with Aurebesh lettering.
16. More stormtroopers have been added to the Death Star.
17. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for use with all the stormtroopers.
18. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel has been spruced up. It is much more epic and there is much more movement. A modified version of Duel of the Fates is being considered for the scene.
19. The Death Star plans that are taken from R2 have been updated. When the Rebels are reviewing the Death Star plans they look similar to the plans we see in Attack of the Clones.
20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.
21. There's a new scene(shot during Episode III) where Darth Vader goes to Coruscant and lands his ship in the same building Count Dooku does at the end of Attack of the Clones. Except now the building is all fixed up and it is now Palpatine's palace. He meets with Palpatine to ask for forgiveness for his failure and inform him of a new potential who is strong in the Force.
22. Chewbacca now gets a medal.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

01. The taun-tauns are now CG.
02. The battle of Hoth is much more epic. We see the Imperial ships land on Hoth and release AT-ATs. The AT-ATs have been sped up a bit. There's a ground battle between the Rebel soldiers and stormtroopers featuring new ships and vehicles.
03. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for the older Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
04. The white boxes around space ships have been removed.
05. The slug monster is CG.
06. Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor. The conversations between Vader and Palpatine is now longer and features a few connections to the prequels.
07. Yoda's face is now animated in CG allowing more _expression of emotions yet his movements remain the same. Also two deleted scenes featuring Yoda instructing Luke have been restored.
08. A new scene was shot in which the stormtroopers, after they capture Han, Leia and Chewie, bring Vader the box containing C-3PO in pieces. Vader orders the stormtroopers to bring the broken droid to Chewbacca's cell so that he can fix him.
09. The lightsaber effects have been redone in certain parts.
10. Luke's fall from Cloud City has been reshot against bluescreen using a stuntman.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

01. Jabba the Hutt is now a combination of the puppet and CG.
02. The Rancor is CG and looks disgusting as ever.
03. Yoda is CG. Yoda disappears leaving his clothes behind like Obi-Wan now.
04. The ewoks are now mostly CG and there are a lot more of them.
05. The plan is to insert the love theme Across the Stars when Luke is talking with Leia about their mother.
06. Temuera Morrison's like before is now the voice for Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
07. In the battle of Endor there are thousands of Ewoks and they are more vicious than there midgets-in-suits counterparts. More bite the dust now.
08. White boxes around ships removed.
09. The black blotches around Palpatine's face are gone.
10. Some of the lightsaber effects have been redone. The shadows that the lightsabers made on the floor are gone.
11. During Anakin's death scene it starts with a sad rendition of the Imperial March and slowly evolves into Anakin's Theme.
12. Sebastion Shaw who played Anakin when he was unmasked has been replaced with Hayden Christenson in make-up to make him look older. Anakin has much more dialogue. He apologizes for the destruction he caused, he thanks his son for turning him back to the light, he tells his son to rebuild the Jedi and he says he loves him and his sister. Just before he dies he says, "It is finished...".
13. We see more planets celebrating at the end of the movie. We see an aged Jar Jar, who is now the leader of the Gungans, on Naboo celebrating with the people of Naboo and the Gungans. We see an old Watto, who is now unable to fly, sitting in a hover chair cheering on Tatooine. During these scenes Across the Stars plays transitioning to the victory celebration music at the Ewok tree village.
14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit of Padme by his side

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted already; a quick search showed no results. I think it's (potentially) important and thought it deserved its own thread for conversation on the speculation.

James Boba Fettfield
11-12-2003, 07:46 PM
I really doubt most, if not all of that happening. But if in Crazy World this did happen, I'd be disappointed.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah, i doubt this stuff too. Could be true, but i smell something with this news....

Beast
11-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Most of it isn't unlikely. But I highly doubt the replacement of Sebastian Shaw with Hayden in make-up. Infact I would be for about 80-90% of those changes if they turn out to be true. But til we hear from the Lucasfilm camp, I'm getting out my salt lick. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

tagmac
11-12-2003, 10:18 PM
First off, I don't believe this one bit. However, for the sake of argument, if this WERE true, some of these changes would be cool, specifically the cosmetic ones. The music changes might work, and of course Greedo not shooting first. But there's a lot that really bother me.

ANH:

Changing the voices of the Stormtroopers........no, there's just something about the classic ones that I wouldn't want them changed, as well as the fact I'd like to think by the OT, not all stormtroopers are clones.

Palpy dissolving the Senate....WHY? Tarkin's line sums it up perfectly.

Yoda in ANH.....PLEASE NO!

Removed Duros.....first they make a big deal out of this being a "fan's choice" figure, now they want to dump them? Come on - it's bad enough they dropped Lav Sivrak, can't we just leave this as it was?!

Naboo Starfighters....WHY??!!

Revamped Death Star plans......once again, WHY? Those old effects from ANH give it character. Why must every last thing be altered?

Vader landing on Coruscant.......WHY? Vader simply flying off works better asa "cliffhanger" to ESB. Let's leave SOME mystery to the Emperor.

Chewie getting a medal.....shoulda' been done in '77. Too late now, and would kill the flow of the ending.

ESB:
CGI creatures/yoda......the animation was near flawless, and Yoda came off outstanding thanks to Frank Oz's mastery. These need to stay the same!

Battle of Hoth.......once again, this would be an insult to Phil Tippett and the perfect job he did animating the walkers. And showing them landing....WHY? The walkers were that much more ominous the way they were originally introduced, in the distance along the horizon. Showing them being dropped off would completely kill the original mood.

Boba Fett's voice....leave it as is. It was close enough to Jango's, IMO. Ditto in ROTJ with Fett and the Biker Scouts.

ROTJ:
CGI characters.......NO! They were perfect the way they were. It's bad enough they killed the palace scene with them, let's not ruin Jabba and the Rancor now!

More Ewoks.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Hayden Christiansen......... :eek: :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! KEEP HIM OUT OF ROTJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DO NOT NEED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

derek
11-12-2003, 11:03 PM
good post toad! :happy:

i'm happy to say i'd be in 99.9% support of all those changes, except having padme appear as a spirit. i'd like that trick reserved for jedi only. i'd love to see hayden inserted into the vader unmasked scene in ROTJ. and i'd love to see him as a ghost at the end of the movie.

i don't have a problem at all with the puppet jabba in ROTJ, but agree the GG jabba in ANH has to be re-done.

i'd really like to see boba fett's death scene changed. instead of him falling into the sarlac pitt, i'd love to have him climb up onto jabba's sail barge and have him attempt to take on luke, and have luke kill him just as mace did jango. that would rule! :cool:

bobafrett
11-12-2003, 11:13 PM
If they mess with these movies anymore, I'm selling off my entire collection. This news just got me so upset, and I for one hope that this is not true. I liked the movies the way they were, I tolerated the minor changes made for the Special Editions, but I'm not going to dish out more money for another "fixed" version of George Lucas's vision. If he can't be happy with the ways things are, then maybe Mr. Lucas and his band off butt kissers should go jump in a lake. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stillakid
11-13-2003, 12:35 AM
It sounds more like somebody's wish list primarily because Lucasfilm is knee-deep in post-production for Episode III right now. With the enormous amount of CG work that has to be done to actually create everything except the key actors, most of the resources of ILM are not available to handle much more than that.

Pendo
11-13-2003, 06:31 AM
I think they're a fan's wish list. Some are cool, some I don't like, and I think the od one or two could not be done.

01. The Imperial March has been added to Darth Vader's first appearance on Princess Leia's ship.
That would be cool :). Johnny Williams did say himself he was rerecording new music fro ANH to add the Imperial March :).

02. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's Theme plays in the background and then it turns into the Imperial March as he talks about Vader.
Cool idea :)

03. The lightsaber effects have been redone and the frame jumps of lightsabers being turned on has been removed.
Something that should have been done for the Special Editions.

04. There's a new scene which has been shot during the filming of Episode III in which the Emperor dissolves the Senate.
Wold be cool to see :).

05. In the Cantina, the Duros(green aliens guys) have been replaced with Neimoidians and some aliens from the prequels have been added.
Unneccessary. It's been stated that Duros and Neimodians are from the same planet, so to remove the Duros and replace them with Neimodians would be unneccessary. As long as they don't remove any aliens (such as Woolfman) I don't mind them adding more.

06. The bleeding arm on the floor in the Cantina has been replaced with a non-bleeding arm because it's now canon that lightsabers cauterize wounds.
Won'd make much difference. Would be nice to have a little more canon?

GOOD :D! But I doubt it :(.

08. Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale.
I hope so, I hated Han standing on his tail. It would be hard to change the scene to that Han doesn't walk behind him, but if they create a new angle shot with a CGI Han walking around the front, it could be done :).

09. In place of R2 wobbling down the stairs to the Falcon's hangar, a CG R2 navigating the stairs like he does in Attack of the Clones was added.
Bit more Prequel canon :).

10. The white boxes around space ships have been removed and new CG shots have been added.
I couldn't really notice the white boxes of ANH and ESB. I loved all the model shots, it'd be a shame if they were all removed. But updating some of the poorer effects would be cool :).

11. The scene of the Falcon being chased by the two Star Destroyers was modified. The Falcon now does spinning moves, avoiding the Star Destroyers' fire.
Not really needed, but won't harm the story.

12. When the Death Star destroys Alderaan there's a new scene of Yoda's reaction to the disturbance in the Force that is created by all those deaths and then it cuts to Obi-Wan reacting to it as well.
Unneccessary, just to add Yoda so he is in every movie. I hope they don't add this one :mad:.

13. The Dianoga has gotten a CG makeover and were are now able to see more of the creature.
I hope we do get to see more of the creature, but I hope eye popping out remains the same.

14. The Death Star's paneling and computers have been slightly altered to show similar displays to those in the prequels.
This won't happen, because on Episode III they've updated the paneling and computers to make them more like the OT.

Again, in Episode III they've used English words on the paneling to tie it in with the OT.

Are more needed? As long as they're not CGI I don't mind, but a CG Stormie would stand out like a sore thumb.

17. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for use with all the stormtroopers.
I'd like this to happen :).

18. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel has been spruced up. It is much more epic and there is much more movement. A modified version of Duel of the Fates is being considered for the scene.
Could be done, the same way the Dooku fight was, use a stunt double and superimpose Alec Guinnes' face :). I don't want Duel of the Fates music to play though, but then again in the Episode 1 Documentary we were told that Duel of the Fates would play during the end fight between Obi and Ani, so if that's true the Duel of the Fates theme during the Vader-Obi fight would be coold :D.

19. The Death Star plans that are taken from R2 have been updated. When the Rebels are reviewing the Death Star plans they look similar to the plans we see in Attack of the Clones.
Something that should have been done with the SE.

20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.
Noaboo starfighters??? No way!!! I love that space battle, leave it as it is.

21. There's a new scene(shot during Episode III) where Darth Vader goes to Coruscant and lands his ship in the same building Count Dooku does at the end of Attack of the Clones. Except now the building is all fixed up and it is now Palpatine's palace. He meets with Palpatine to ask for forgiveness for his failure and inform him of a new potential who is strong in the Force.
Could be cool, if done properly :). Also only if JEJ's voice is used :).

I don't think this was actually filmed during Episode IV so how they're going to get a very young looking Princess Leia??? I'm not sure how this is going to be done.

Ties in with the PT.

02. The battle of Hoth is much more epic. We see the Imperial ships land on Hoth and release AT-ATs. The AT-ATs have been sped up a bit. There's a ground battle between the Rebel soldiers and stormtroopers featuring new ships and vehicles.
All sounds cool, but the AT-ATs shouldn't be sped up, their speed is menacing and cool :).

03. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for the older Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
Hope so, especialy Boba :).

Don't really notice them that much in ESB.

No need, I love the unrealistic hand puppet :D. Besides, the hand puppet looks A LOT more realistic than CGI does :rolleyes::p.

06. Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor. The conversations between Vader and Palpatine is now longer and features a few connections to the prequels.
Should have been done for the SE. Hope so :D.

07. Yoda's face is now animated in CG allowing more _expression of emotions yet his movements remain the same. Also two deleted scenes featuring Yoda instructing Luke have been restored.
WOuld be nice to see the deleted scenes, but leave the Yoda puppet alone :)!

08. A new scene was shot in which the stormtroopers, after they capture Han, Leia and Chewie, bring Vader the box containing C-3PO in pieces. Vader orders the stormtroopers to bring the broken droid to Chewbacca's cell so that he can fix him.
To clarify that Vader DOES remember 3PO?

Something that should have been done for the SE :).

10. Luke's fall from Cloud City has been reshot against bluescreen using a stuntman.
Why?

The CG will stand out!

Don't make the Rancor CGI, just remove the black lines around him.

Leave Yoda alone!!!!!

MORE EWOKS :stupid:!!!!!

05. The plan is to insert the love theme Across the Stars when Luke is talking with Leia about their mother.
I think the scene would be more powerful left as it is.

06. Temuera Morrison's like before is now the voice for Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
Does Boba Fett say anything in ROTJ?

07. In the battle of Endor there are thousands of Ewoks and they are more vicious than there midgets-in-suits counterparts. More bite the dust now.
Why not just remove the Ewoks :crazed:?

:)

That really bothers me. Hope it's removed :).

10. Some of the lightsaber effects have been redone. The shadows that the lightsabers made on the floor are gone.
Good :).

11. During Anakin's death scene it starts with a sad rendition of the Imperial March and slowly evolves into Anakin's Theme.
No! Leave the music as it is! Can't remember if there is music in that scene or not, but however it is it's very emotional and changing it could ruin it.

12. Sebastion Shaw who played Anakin when he was unmasked has been replaced with Hayden Christenson in make-up to make him look older. Anakin has much more dialogue. He apologizes for the destruction he caused, he thanks his son for turning him back to the light, he tells his son to rebuild the Jedi and he says he loves him and his sister. Just before he dies he says, "It is finished...".
Replace Sebastian Shaw???? You must be kidding :mad:!

13. We see more planets celebrating at the end of the movie. We see an aged Jar Jar, who is now the leader of the Gungans, on Naboo celebrating with the people of Naboo and the Gungans. We see an old Watto, who is now unable to fly, sitting in a hover chair cheering on Tatooine. During these scenes Across the Stars plays transitioning to the victory celebration music at the Ewok tree village.
No, bring back Yub Yub then follow that on with the SE Celebration ending :).

14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit of Padme by his side
A rumoured started some time ago that Nats filmed something for ROTJ, but the rumour was denied. But could have been true. IMO I hope she isn't in it.

PENDO!

kool-aid killer
11-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I hope these rumors arent true, but will admit that it would be cool to see some of it done. I just dont like the thought that GL feels the need to mess with the original trilogy. The fact that he does just goes to show that he doesnt really have an outline for his movies in my opinion.

Jargo
11-13-2003, 09:11 AM
Most of this sounds intrigueing. Some silly ideas true but some should be done. I don't see how Watto figures in this at all, that's pointless as is seeing Yoda on Dagobah in ANH.
But given GL's propensity for tinkering it's possible that in the downtime between movies some of this has been done. He may even have boosted the staff numbers specifically to deal with this in order to spiff up the older movies for the modern console game generation audience and attempt to match stuff like LOTR and matrix etc.
The silliest has to be hayden as old Anakin. He's too young and too bland to convey the same depth of emotion thay Sebastian Shaw did in that brief scene with Luke, the look on his face as he looks at Luke with his own eyes is magic, why water down that moment with Hayden? poo idea.
Battles and cgi augmentations are fine. When this person says cgi yoda and jabba I take it to mean that the faces have been augmented to show more physical movemnt and more iner emotional depth to the performance so they look less like rubber. with the ggi advances that gave us yoda in aotc I can see this working.
I really have no preference regarding stormtrooper voices. gruff and flat toned is all I hear regardless of which voice they use.
If the movie looks better you shouldn't notice the music. not really.

I'm at a point now with star wars where I have no sense of love for any of it. If these changes occur I'll treat the movies as new movies. view the saga from start to finish and re-address my views on the whole. I'm over being precious about the originals. I have them and that's great. But they'll never be the same so I won't waste energy trying to resist the changes and instead I'll look objectively when and if it happens that we get the spiffed up versions on DVD.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Most of this stuff needs to be done. A lot of it is really stupid-sounding, like Yoda and Ben after the Death Star and Naboo Fighters in the Yavin Battle. Hopefully this was just a fan's list (a very odd fan, but still).

plo koon 200
11-13-2003, 12:20 PM
There are some give aways that this is fake but changing Boba Fett's voice, CG Yoda, no more bloood for Wolfman, and no Duros sounds like a bad idea.

Anakin2121
11-13-2003, 12:29 PM
i'd really like to see boba fett's death scene changed. instead of him falling into the sarlac pitt, i'd love to have him climb up onto jabba's sail barge and have him attempt to take on luke, and have luke kill him just as mace did jango. that would rule! :cool:

Holy....that WOULD rule!

And I'm all for pretty much every one of these changes, except for Yoda appearing in ANH.

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 12:38 PM
I think the whole thing is a pile of poo. I mean it, if George tinkers with anything more than the lightsaber correction of Ben's failure to illuminate, then I'm out. I will no longer have any interest in Star Wars. I've had to put up with the so-so Episode I, the okay Episode II, but I'm not going for any more additions or alterations of a movie that shouldn't have been messed with from the start. Leave well enough alone, your not going to make everyone happy by constantly tinkering with your films. Let these films stand as they are, or were, as a show of the time from which they were produced.

That's it, I'm not reading any more of this nonsense.

LTBasker
11-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Ridiculous. I know the good changes are just wishful thinking, like he would actually add the original Han/Greedo scenes back in. :rolleyes:

They're gonna pollute the OT with CGI to make it look as ridiculous as alot of the scenes in the prequels. It's gonna look uuggggllly. 70's/80's camera photography polluted with prequel poodoo. :dead:

Hayden getting a scene in ROTJ? Poodoo, he even sucks as Anakin. That's just disrespectful to Shaw's good work. And why would Padme be a spirit? Is being an unkown Jedi because you were a good guy the hip thing now? :rolleyes:

And Morrison's voice for the Stormtroopers... bah. I'd hate to have played a Stormtrooper then, those extras had to go through some real crap to romp around in the uniforms, the least they can do is leave their regular voices.

Besides, how would they be making more Clones without Jango? :rolleyes: Hopefully that was just more lame thinking from whoever made this list...so it'll probably appear on the DVDs.

As crappy as alot of these changes are, I can see alot of them happening.

stillakid
11-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Holy....that WOULD rule!

And I'm all for pretty much every one of these changes, except for Yoda appearing in ANH.

You're forgetting that Luke's lightsaber ceased it's ability to slice through things on the Sailbarge. :D

El Chuxter
11-13-2003, 02:24 PM
I too think this list is at least 90% BS, but here's my comments anyway. :)

Episode IV: A New Hope

Like Pendo said, John Williams has already confirmed he's re-scoring ANH, and his biggest regret with the original score is that he'd not yet composed The Imperial March. I think we'll hear that theme quite a bit.

That'd be nice. One of those technical flubs that should already have been fixed.

Absolutely unncecessary, but I wouldn't put it past Uncle George.

Stupid change, and I highly doubt it.

Minor change, but would be nice.

Well, I suppose we all can dream, can't we? ;)

The makeover is necessary, but I for one like the stepping on the tail bit.

Another minor fix that would be pretty cool.

The who?

This would be cool. Show what a crazy hotshot Han is.

Unnnecessary and stupid.

Yes! Please! That stupid eye is the low point of the saga!!

Not necessary, but I wouldn't complain.

Absolutely not! I will go to my grave swearing they're not clones!!

Possible. See the music comments above. But leave the death music (Leia's Theme, for whatever reason) alone. Or don't. I'll still have my original score. :)

Minor and unnecessary. Why would they be exactly the same plans, decades later?

It wasn't already redone to become more epic? Hold on, what did I miss? And Naboo Starfighters are a resounding NO!

Both ridiculous and unnecessary.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Don't see either happening, but they'd be nice. Remember, one of the old rumors about the SE's was that we'd see AT-ATs do a lot more, and it didn't happen.

Let me put it to you this way: NOOOOO!! Boba was not raised by Mandaloreans, so his accent should be different.

Again, who?

Why? It's perfect.

OLME needs to be replaced, but why screw around with the scene?

The deleted scenes would be nice ("If a Jedi you were, be in six pieces it would."), but why mess with the puppet?

Won't happen.

Interesting this rumor pops up in ESB but not in ANH. :confused: (Edit: Oh. Duh.)

Unnecessary but not too bad. Just kill the stupid scream.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Pointless. Only the matte lines on the Rancor need to be fixed.

John Williams confirmed re-scoring ANH, but not ROTJ. Given that it's the best of the three CT scores, I doubt it.

See note above.

Sounds like some major league wishful thinking.

Anyone know what I'm gonna say?

No slugs? :mad: j/k :D

Again, no huge deal, but it'd be nice.

No, no, no, no, no, a million times no! "Darth Vader's Death" is another gorgeous piece of music and shouldn't be tampered with.

Blasphemy. Period.

Why? I'm trying to remain spoiler-free for E3, so this may have changed, but as I understand it, a pivotal scene in E3 will be this:

Anakin: You're all holding me back! I can be so much more, and Darth Sidious sees it! You preach against fear, but you're afraid of me, afraid of what I can become!
Obi-Wan: That's not it at all, my friend. The Dark Side will destroy you and all you hold dear.
Padme: Honey, please don't be like this.
Yoda: Forgiven you are for breaking the rules. Your marriage we honor.
Anakin: Well, okay. I suppose evil isn't all that cool anyway.
Jar Jar: Oy boy! Lil' Ani's gonna be okieday! Yippee!
Anakin: That does it!! [slices Jar Jar in half]
Ki-Adi: Oh my God. They've killed Jar Jar!
Kyle Katarn, Sr: You b******s!!
Obi-Wan: [igniting his saber] There is no turning back for you now, Padawan!
Yoda: Lost all is.
Kit: But that stupid Gungan's dead. [smiles]
Yoda: True. From all bad, some good arises.

Double blasphemy. Not to mention it's been pretty conclusively refuted that Natalie Portman will not appear in ROTJ.

Beast
11-13-2003, 02:32 PM
El Chuxter, I think they would fix the Death Star plan in ANH because they don't match the design of the Death Star. Note the central radar dish, as the biggest point why they should mess with that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Toad
11-13-2003, 03:53 PM
Obviously everyone has good points. We all have somewhat different desires, which is understandable. Some of you will walk away if he makes changes, some of you will accept them.

I can understand wanting NO changes - but on the other hand, the potential for creating a smoother transition to the OT from the PT might not be such a bad thing. You'll still have the pure, original movie you love in the current version - and perhaps they'll release the originals anyway as well.

I look at it like this -- I'll take whatever I can get. If he makes changes like inserting dancing babies as stormtroopers, I would think that would suck. But if dancing babies are in Ep.III and they are the new source for DNA for the clones, then it would be a nice cohesive effort on GL's part.

Think about it - we have no idea what's in store for Ep.III. We might see it, then watch the OT, and all pick out like 15 things that are now inconsistent. I would personally want that fixed. (Of course, he could just not do anything which required changing in Ep.III, and then everything would be okay.)

plo koon 200
11-13-2003, 08:05 PM
I highly, highly, highly doubt the originals will see release again. That would be like Lucas making episodes VII-IX.

stillakid
11-14-2003, 03:39 AM
Obviously everyone has good points. We all have somewhat different desires, which is understandable. Some of you will walk away if he makes changes, some of you will accept them.

I can understand wanting NO changes - but on the other hand, the potential for creating a smoother transition to the OT from the PT might not be such a bad thing. You'll still have the pure, original movie you love in the current version - and perhaps they'll release the originals anyway as well.

I look at it like this -- I'll take whatever I can get. If he makes changes like inserting dancing babies as stormtroopers, I would think that would suck. But if dancing babies are in Ep.III and they are the new source for DNA for the clones, then it would be a nice cohesive effort on GL's part.

Think about it - we have no idea what's in store for Ep.III. We might see it, then watch the OT, and all pick out like 15 things that are now inconsistent. I would personally want that fixed. (Of course, he could just not do anything which required changing in Ep.III, and then everything would be okay.)

So what I don't understand is why he chooses to include brand new reimagining of things in the Prequels which would require alterations to the OT films in order to have smooth transition? I mean, he already established a continuity that obviously worked and was extremely successful. Why mess with it? So instead of shoehorning some really bad concepts into the OT, why not instead just fix the numerous incongrueties in the Prequels to match the OT?

TheDarthVader
11-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Most of these changes would not bother me. Many of them sound cool. Life is about change...there are not many things in life that stay the same year after year. I would not mind another version of the OT. (If this is true) for those who do not like it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to pull out that credit card.

odb
11-15-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm for a big no to these if they turn out to be true. A lot of them seem to be pretty pointless additions or corrections that really aren't worth the effort.

Since the SE I really don't mind the faults/problems with the OT, I think they merely reflect when the films were made and that CGI still has a way to go before it can beat puppets and physical special effects.

What's the next rumour? more stormtroopers banging their heads in ESB and ROTJ :D

Tonysmo
11-16-2003, 02:03 AM
I can see why bobafrett is upset. I dont think to highly of it either.

BUT. I do like all things Star Wars.. so..

lemme see... the marketing for the box would be what?

Star Wars 23 DVD collectors edition: Includes the ORIGINAL Star Wars, ESB, ROTJ. then the three disk set of the couldve done much better had we waited Special Edition.. PLUS the NEW 3 disk set of the REDONE Special Editions including 10 special disks with never before seen footage of the guys creating the CGI. The 700 hours of Hyperspace webcam. The commentary from GL and a 20 minute tyrade of cusswords from Rick. 1 special disk to include the 03 blockbuster cartoon clones, plues the 3 disk set of EP I, II and III..

price tag.. $500

then coming that next November.. 40 hours of EXTRA footage of all the characters everywhere..

can we ever get enough? nope..

I have my originals.. Ill watch whatever he releases.. and hope for the best.

stillakid
11-16-2003, 01:01 PM
I can see why bobafrett is upset. I dont think to highly of it either.

BUT. I do like all things Star Wars.. so..

lemme see... the marketing for the box would be what?

Star Wars 23 DVD collectors edition: Includes the ORIGINAL Star Wars, ESB, ROTJ. then the three disk set of the couldve done much better had we waited Special Edition.. PLUS the NEW 3 disk set of the REDONE Special Editions including 10 special disks with never before seen footage of the guys creating the CGI. The 700 hours of Hyperspace webcam. The commentary from GL and a 20 minute tyrade of cusswords from Rick. 1 special disk to include the 03 blockbuster cartoon clones, plues the 3 disk set of EP I, II and III..

price tag.. $500

then coming that next November.. 40 hours of EXTRA footage of all the characters everywhere..

can we ever get enough? nope..

I have my originals.. Ill watch whatever he releases.. and hope for the best.

Personally, I'm hoping for as much spare footage as possible so I can reedit these Prequels into something resembling the films we were "promised" so long ago. :Pirate:

evenflow
11-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Some things i would be for, others i would not. I dont think that list is going to happen. We will just have to wait and see.

Ramy
11-18-2003, 12:55 PM
I can't see Lucas doing much in the way of changes at all, because he just doesn't have time with all the post-production of Episode III going on at the same time.

Turbowars
11-22-2003, 04:51 PM
As much as I love the OT, some of these would be cool to see, but I'd just be happen with the OLD OT on DVD.

odb
11-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Well apparently AICN have now stated that it is a load of B******s. The DVD release is apparently gonna be the SEs. There is work on archival editions where its stated that there is some dramatic stuff being experimented with :confused:

So at least we get to watch the SEs.

plo koon 200
11-23-2003, 03:13 PM
:stupid: :eek: :eek: :eek: Dramatic stuff, like changing Luke's father to Obi-Wan.