PDA

View Full Version : I'm in issue #72 of the Insider!

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey, I just got word that I'm in issue #72, Page 85, of the Star Wars Insider! I do know that I'm the letter "C". For those of you who have a subscription, you might have already recieved this issue. I'm still waiting for my copy, but I got word from a friend of mine who got the issue, that I'm in there!

Has anybody else got in an issue? If so speak out, and let us know which issue, and page your face can be found!

Anakin2121
11-13-2003, 12:04 PM
I won't be getting it until the newsstand version is out, but kudos nonetheless. You get mad props. :)

Tonysmo
11-13-2003, 12:07 PM
THAT F'N ROCKS BROTHA!! I have yet to get my issue either.. but when I do.. WHOOO HOOO!! way to go! what were ya doin? Is it a pic from the ballpark? Do ya know? CMON! Details!
youve.. youve been .. PUBLISHED!

kewlll..

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 12:20 PM
THAT F'N ROCKS BROTHA!! I have yet to get my issue either.. but when I do.. WHOOO HOOO!! way to go! what were ya doin? Is it a pic from the ballpark? Do ya know? CMON! Details!
youve.. youve been .. PUBLISHED!

kewlll..

No, I really want to leave it as a surprise! All I can tell you is I'm the letter "C". I don't know if they use my real name, but I am in costume! I did submit a picture of myself at Wrigley Field in my Tusken Robes, and Mary Franklin said she might use in a future issue, but I know it's not that picture. I also made it in an earlier issue, in the Bantha Tracks portion right above Mary Franklins column issue #71, or issue #5 of the Bantha Tracks (Same Magazine) page #9 I'm the Tusken Raider right over Mary Franklins right shoulder.

Hee Hee, I'm waiting for the mailman at the moment, hoping he will deliver me my copy!

bobafett07728
11-13-2003, 12:27 PM
That's awesome. . . I'll have to check out my issue when it arrives!

bobafett07728
11-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Recieved my issue yesterday. . . and. . . wait. . . there you are!!!!

Very funny. . . I won't reveal anymore information about it (don't want to spoil it for anyone else.)

You were a prety damn good "C" though.

Good job, and congratulations on getting in the Insider!!!!!!

bobafrett
11-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Thank you! Maybe I'll get my issue in the mail today! I need a funny fix!

Kidhuman
11-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Can someone post a pic of it? WTG Bobafrett, you got your 15 minutes.

bobafrett
11-15-2003, 12:16 AM
I'd post a picture, but I haven't got my issue yet. I have a hard copy of the picture, but I'd like to see what they say, if they use my name or just my costumed identity.

Dr Zoltar
11-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Just got my issue today and very, very nice! If I mail you my copy will you autograph it for me? :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Haha, hey that's pretty cool. Are you TK523?

bobafrett
11-15-2003, 11:51 PM
Haha, hey that's pretty cool. Are you TK523?

Yep, that would be me! Hey where's my issue? I better get it Monday, or there will be Hell to pay!

Just got my issue today and very, very nice! If I mail you my copy will you autograph it for me?

Sure, would you like it signed TK523, or "by the letter C" :D

Here's a picture for those of you who don't subscribe to the Insider:

kool-aid killer
11-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Way to go, Bobafrett. So how many costumes do you have? Just the two (stormtrooper and tusken raider) or are there more in the works?

bobafrett
11-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Right now it's just the Tusken and the Stormtrooper. For my next costume I'd like to get a Biker Scout. I always loved those helmets in the movie, but the Don Post masks are just a wee bit to small to fit my big noggin. There have been 2 Biker Scout outfits up for sale on eBay, but both have sold for a little more than I can afford. It's awesome being able to dress up as an Imperial bad guy! I don't know if there was an article, but we were at the Chicago Walk for Hunger event that day. One of the guys in the group always wanted to get a picture of Stormtroopers doing the Y.M.C.A. in armor.

bobafrett
11-17-2003, 11:54 PM
Got my issue today. Small picture, but I'm in there none the less!

Tonysmo
11-18-2003, 02:28 AM
Finally.. got my issue today as well. and YYEEAAHH!! thats cool. published. wow. <insert - jealousy.. envy.. and other stuff here >

Ill have to sed the insider the pics from this halloween and wish for the same luck.

kudos again. I had fun pointing out the picture to all my co-workers - non-Star wars fans that dont give a rats ... they think Im nuts. I tell them Im not nuts, just a bit force.. sensitive.. arent we all?

bobafrett
12-31-2003, 12:44 AM
I got my issue #73 today, and once again, I'm in there! For those of you who subscribe, and have the Bantha Tracks section at the back of the Insider, I'm on page 5 in the lower right hand corner. It's from when I went to the 70's night at Wrigley field, and I'm wearing my Tusken Robes! Anyhow, just thought I'd let everyone know. It's the third consectutive issue I have had a picture of me (in costume) in.

stillakid
12-31-2003, 09:30 AM
I got my issue #73 today, and once again, I'm in there! For those of you who subscribe, and have the Bantha Tracks section at the back of the Insider, I'm on page 5 in the lower right hand corner. It's from when I went to the 70's night at Wrigley field, and I'm wearing my Tusken Robes! Anyhow, just thought I'd let everyone know. It's the third consectutive issue I have had a picture of me (in costume) in.

(cough cough) fix (cough cough)