PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Have A Complete Set?

Jayspawn
11-13-2003, 12:40 PM
I'm working on my Vintage collection now, and I was wondering if anybody has a complete set of 93 Vintage figures? Carded or not. Mine are all loose but are complete and in excellent condition. I figure I have about half.

I guess 93 is the correct number counting Yak Face.

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Far from it. I have one figure from the w/ the Empire Strikes back card. I have some with the Return of the Jedi card and non from the original release. I did have some that I bought and opened in my childhood, but my mom threw them out because I had wasted my savings on them. Still can't forgive her for that move.

Kidhuman
11-13-2003, 12:59 PM
I have around 86 vintage figures, but a few extra of Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts. All in all I have about 78 different ones.

darthzirock
11-13-2003, 01:36 PM
I have every Kenner Vintage Star Wars figure, loose but in mint condition, with the exception of Yak Face, which wasn't released in the USA. I also have the Max Reebo Band Trio, the Patrol Dewback and the Rancor, but passed on the Tauntaun and Wampa. Now, I only have R2, 3PO, and Boba Fett in the Droids animated line, and only Wicket in the Ewoks line. However, I consider those lines as separate from the SW toy line.

stillakid
11-13-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm about 10 away in the standard vintage line, mostly from the POTF coin waves.

I've got just about everything else in terms of beasts, playsets, and vehicles.

Once I get some more disposable income (and space), I'll work on the Droids and Ewoks stuff.

Good luck completing the set! :)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-13-2003, 07:40 PM
I do! I do!

Here's what I have:
Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
R2-D2
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tusken Raider
Han Solo
Jawa
Death Squad Commander
Darth Vader
C-3P0
Greedo
Snaggletooth (blue)
Snaggletooth (red)
Walrusman
Hammerhead
Luke X-Wing Pilot
Death Star Droid
Power Droid
R5-D4
Boba Fett
Bespin Guard, white
Bossk
FX-7
IG-88
Stormtrooper (Hoth)
Princess Leia (Bespin)
Lando Calrissian
Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
Rebel Soldier
Han Solo (Hoth)
Yoda
Lobot
Princess Leia (Hoth)
AT-AT Driver
Dengar
Ugnaught
2-1B
Han Solo (Bespin)
Imperial Commander
Rebel Commander
Cloud Car Pilot
R2-D2 Sensorscope
Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Bespin Guard, black
AT-AT Commander
C-3P0 Removable Limbs
Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot
Admiral Ackbar
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout
Chief Chirpa
Emperor's Royal Guard
Gamorrean Guard
General Madine
Klaatu
Lando Calrissian, Skiff
Logray
Luke Skywalker, Jedi
Nien Nunb
Princess Leia (Boushh)
Rebel Commando
Ree Yees
Squid Head
Weequay
Princess Leia, Poncho
Wicket W. Warrick
Teebo
Prune Face
Rancor Keeper
Nikto
Han Solo (Trenchcoat)
Klaatu Skiff Guard
8D8
B-Wing Pilot
AT-ST Driver
The Emperor
Paploo
Lumat
R2-D2 Lightsaber
Yak Face
Amanaman
Anakin Skywalker
EV-9D9
Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)
Han Solo (Carbonite)
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner
Romba
Warok
A-Wing Pilot
Barada
Luke Skywalker (Battle Poncho)

I count 95 figures (I count Blue Snaggs as a different figure because it is an entirely different sculpt, not just a different accessory, color, head, or limb), but I could be wrong. I have several doubles, including some of those different accessories and colors. Except for about 8, they're all loose, but of those, there is at least one of each that's mint with all parts.

LusiferSam
11-14-2003, 01:19 PM
I do too! And I'll do you one better and say I have 96 (100 if you want count blue Snaggletooth and the Rebo Band figures). All but three of mine are complete, Leia, Lumat and General Lando.
Bel-Cam Jos your missing a figure from your list, the regular Stormtrooper I think. There were 96 carded figures. The 92 back cards had all but Yak Face (93) the first C-3PO and R2 (95) and the Sensorscope R2 (96).

JediCole
11-14-2003, 04:32 PM
I've got everybody (loose) and all are from my original collection (purchased as released) with only three exeptions. I got sick of Ewoks so I missed buying one when it was released, and obtained the missing one years after the vintage lines ended when I bought a collection. Yak Face was never released in the US so I had to buy it (at a very high price, loose) from a dealer. And finally, I recently replaced my original Death Star Droid as the paint on the eyes had worn off from being actually played with! I even have the infamous Blue Snaggletooth (I couldn't wait to have Cantina creatures back when I saw them in the Sears Catalog, though I never thought he would be "shrunk" like that! And the Max Rebo Band set was a must-have for my collection.

But I was fortunate. My mom recognized waaaaaaaay back in 1977 what Star Wars was and would become and encouraged my brothers and I to take good care of our figures and toys. I was the most enamoured of Star Wars of the three of us (starting my collection with the Early Bird Set at the age of 12) and kept excellent care of the collection, losing very few pieces over the years (and replacing them later as well as adding the pieces I missed vehicle and playset wise). Today I have a room devoted to the collection, past and present. I think mom's forsight served me well as I never had to replace a single figure's accessories over the years!

Today the vintage figures are on display in various themed groupings, all Hoth characters are displayed with the AT-AT and the Turret & Probot Playset, the Endor related characters (Ewoks, Endor-specific Rebels & Imperials) are with the AT-ST, all of Jabba's minions and Palace-related characters surround his throne, the classic original 12 are displayed on the famous "disco" display stand, Lando, Lobot, and the Bespin-related figures stand together, miscellaneous Rebels (Madine, Ackbar, etc.) are grouped together, and all non-planet-specific Imperials are stationed on various levels of the Death Star Playset (including Luke in Stormtrooper disguise). I've even got a line-up of Micro Machines droids in front of the Radio Controlled Sand Crawler (no remote though). With the sheer volume of new figures that seemed to be on the horizon back in '95 (I never dreamed there would be quite so many so soon), I decided not to be scene specific with the POTF2 line (forward to Saga). It was a good idea as I would constantly need to regroup! I bought a great acrylic stairstep display piece when a local craft shop went out of business which can potentially hold about 100 or more figures, I will soon be working the better part of the POTF2-Saga figures onto that for display. Even though I don't buy every single figure released, they are starting to take over!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-15-2003, 10:00 AM
I do too! And I'll do you one better and say I have 96 (100 if you want count blue Snaggletooth and the Rebo Band figures). All but three of mine are complete, Leia, Lumat and General Lando.
Bel-Cam Jos your missing a figure from your list, the regular Stormtrooper I think. There were 96 carded figures. The 92 back cards had all but Yak Face (93) the first C-3PO and R2 (95) and the Sensorscope R2 (96).
Oops! :eek: I owe a BSLOS for that one.
"Unskinny bop, bop-bop-bop!"
I just cut and pasted a list from online, and didn't check too closely at what I had stol... uh, borrowed. :rolleyes:

I don't consider the Rebo Band to be "figures," but that's just me. This deabte over what constitutes a "figure" and what's a creature or machine has been on for a long time, a long time.
Cases in point:
Tauntaun
Dewback
Probot
Wampa
Rancor
Jabba
Rebo Band
etc.

stillakid
11-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Oops! :eek: I owe a BSLOS for that one.
"Unskinny bop, bop-bop-bop!"
I just cut and pasted a list from online, and didn't check too closely at what I had stol... uh, borrowed. :rolleyes:

I don't consider the Rebo Band to be "figures," but that's just me. This deabte over what constitutes a "figure" and what's a creature or machine has been on for a long time, a long time.
Cases in point:
Tauntaun
Dewback
Probot
Wampa
Rancor
Jabba
Rebo Band
etc.

My personal "point of view" ;) is that any "organism" that has a modicum of sentience about it is a "figure." Anything that is essentially an "animal" is a beast. So Jabba and the band should be considered action figures even though they are by design, too large for a regular card. Stuff like the Reek and Tauntaun are beasts because they are more like livestock or something. The Probot is just another droid, so it too is an action figure despite its size.

Categorizing really gets tricky with something like the Imperial Airspeeder thing, where the pilot trooper is really just part of the toy and not a separate guy. The same goes for that big Gungan Fambaa thing with the Gungan guy that is really only a bust connected to the chariot seat. The Fambaa is a definite beast, but I'm hard pressed to consider the half-Gungan as its own action figure.

Veers
11-16-2003, 12:30 PM
I have them all also. I wish I had the whole vintage set carded with all the different cards.

jedi-cpa
12-09-2003, 02:46 PM
I never counted vlix until Hasbro put him on the first 300 figures poster (those B*STARDS).

I have snaggletooth, not the blue variant (I know some consider them separate figs, I consider them variations of the same fig. Just like double telescoping kenobi and the regular one).

That said I am still making an effort to get a blue snaggletooth.

The Vlix may never happen, primarily because I can't prove the ones that are supposedly authentic for sale are ACTUAL figs or a repro someone is trying to pass off.

Lord knows I've seen enough people try to pass off the Vinyl caped jawa as authentic. (I don't consider that fig separate from the cloth caped jawa either).

stillakid
12-09-2003, 08:35 PM
The Vlix may never happen, primarily because I can't prove the ones that are supposedly authentic for sale are ACTUAL figs or a repro someone is trying to pass off.

Since I collect everything loose, I look at it this way: if somebody would offer a hard to find item, like VLIX, as a repro and represented it this way in both quality and price (just as good a qualilty as the original at a small fraction of the aftermarket price) then I'm all for it. In fact, if I myself had an original Vlix and the method of reproducing the parts, I'd most likely offer collectors the chance to have one.

evenflow
12-10-2003, 01:22 AM
I have a very full complete set. I have all 96 figures, complete POTF coin collection, complete sets of all the Droids & Ewoks carded, wind-up R2, almost all variations, Rebo Band, Wampa, Jabba, Dianoga, Dewback, Taun Tauns (open & closed belly), blue snaggletooth, telescoping luke, green crossbow chewie, etc....

The only things that I am missing that I wish to one day have although unlikely, are Vlix and Vinyl Cape Jawa. (I have one, no idea if its real or not though) Telescoping Vader and Ben would be nice, but not realistic.

aceguide
12-10-2003, 08:21 AM
I am truly a victim of a mother that did NOT realize what I had.

As my brother and I are about the same age we had doubles of just about every figure. By some miracle I saved about 50 of the originals from a garage sale.

I am very pleased with what I do have. Many are far from mint, and even roughly customized with a sharpie, but they rock. What did survive was the complete early bird set. Luke even has his saber!