PDA

View Full Version : Can people really not wait this bad?

jedi-cpa
11-13-2003, 02:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3155419362&category=50271&ssPageName=Merch06

And more importantly, can't they wait until these are in stores and donate some of that wasted money to some charity somewhere.

Beast
11-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Well, it's an exclusive. And there's a lot of crazy people out there, with money to burn. Just for the silly bragging rights of being the first one to own something. Is it worth that much to me? Hell no. I'd rather use the money it would cost to buy that one figure early, to buy the whole set plus more, when they're released. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 03:10 PM
What I don't understand is, these action figures aren't numbered like say 0001/2500 made. It will be like every other figure out there, and this person will realize that he could have bought a great many of this same figure for what he paid for just one. I picked up a Gentle Giants Padme mini bust, which is numbered, for much less than this figure sold for.

Fool's and there money are soon parted................

Dr Zoltar
11-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Absolutely crazy. Maybe the guy who won the auction is in BFE and it would cost him hundreds of dollars to get to the nearest Target. Who knows, but I'm having a hard time justifying the $4-$5 these things will cost when they are commercially released.

mm74md
11-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Absolutely crazy. Maybe the guy who won the auction is in BFE and it would cost him hundreds of dollars to get to the nearest Target. Who knows, but I'm having a hard time justifying the $4-$5 these things will cost when they are commercially released.

Yeah, but if the guy would wait until say Action-HQ or Alliance Collectibles gets them in he could get the whole set for the price he paid for one!!!

I learned my lesson paying top dollar ($10 per fig is top $ for me!) for the Watto, Lott Dod wave last fall. :(

OC47150
11-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Some people just have more money than sense.

Dark Marble
11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
I don't think I am ever really suprised with what some will do for their collections. Some peole just hate to wait. Remember some of the auctions on ebay for saga figures right before AOTC came out? Some paid so much more than the figures would ever be worth just to see them still hanging on the pegs over a year later. And all just because they couldn't wait. My classic blunder was the saga Chewy. At the time they were one to a case and I couldn't find it anywhere. I paid a friend $20 for the one she had, now they are on clearence at KB for $2 a pop. Nine times out of ten it pays to have a little patience, but I shudder to say that to anyone that never found Ephant Mon.

JEDIpartner
11-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Some people don't have money OR sense and they keep spending as if their debt will just disappear!

Old Fossil
11-14-2003, 08:33 PM
That's a lot of taxi rides! :D Maybe the seller should quit his day job...

Turbowars
11-15-2003, 03:16 PM
Laughable !!!!!!!

tgr3328
12-01-2003, 10:42 AM
Fool's and there money are soon parted................

Or as Mae West said, "A fool and his money are some party!" :D

tgr3328
12-01-2003, 10:46 AM
I don't think I am ever really suprised with what some will do for their collections. Some peole just hate to wait. Remember some of the auctions on ebay for saga figures right before AOTC came out? Some paid so much more than the figures would ever be worth just to see them still hanging on the pegs over a year later. And all just because they couldn't wait. My classic blunder was the saga Chewy. At the time they were one to a case and I couldn't find it anywhere. I paid a friend $20 for the one she had, now they are on clearence at KB for $2 a pop. Nine times out of ten it pays to have a little patience, but I shudder to say that to anyone that never found Ephant Mon.

Ephant Mon seems to be the lone exception. Thanks to clearance sales and multipacks, I believe I have seem everything else from the '02 wave at reduced price.