PDA

View Full Version : Lego SW MINI wave 3 now at TRU

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Hey Lego fans,

Just stopped by the local TRU (Orem, UT) a few minutes ago and found all four of the newest wave of Lego MINI ships (Star Destroyer, AT-TE, Sith Infiltrator, Imperial Shuttle). Haven't opened them up yet but they look sweeeeet! (Especially the shuttle).

They are going for $6.99.

JediTricks
11-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Awesome, posted it in the news. Let us know what you think of 'em when you open them up.

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 11:30 PM
I've been happy with most of the mini sets to date. I'm sure these won't dissapoint either based on the pictures I saw of them.

mrhat
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
What is the secret vehicle this one builds?

dr_evazan22
11-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the post, I was able to go and find the SD and the Shuttle tonight.

JediTricks
11-14-2003, 10:45 PM
No bonus vehicle this time around, but I saw 'em tonight, they look pretty sharp. I'd say the Sith Infiltrator looks the weakest simply because it isn't very interesting and the wings don't seem to be able to open properly.

Also spotted the Mos Eisley set, what a dog!

bobafrett
11-15-2003, 12:23 AM
Also spotted the Mos Eisley set, what a dog!

Which set was that JT? I wasn't aware they were making a Mos Eisley set. The closest thing I have seen to that was the Watto's junkyard, which I passed on.

Ji'dai
11-17-2003, 02:57 PM
I saw the new '04 Minis as reported above today at TRU, as well as the '04 sets 4500 Snowspeeder for 19.99 and the 4501 Mos Eisley Cantina for 29.99. The Snowspeeder is a new mini-figure scale version (not to be confused with the new UCS Snowspeeder available from S@H). The cantina includes Greedo and a Dewback.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Picked Them All Up At Tru At 83rd & Cicero. I Love Them All!!!

JediTricks
11-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Mos Eisley Cantina, a $30 set that's a new version of Luke's landspeeder, a Sandtrooper on a dewback, and the cantina, which is simply an archway that is on a hinge connected to the booth where Han and Greedo are sitting. Cute pieces, but not even remotely close enough to warrant the title or the price IMO.

Any review on the new snowspeeder?

Spotted the Cloud City and UCS Snowspeeder sets at the new Glendale Galleria Lego store. They had the Snowspeeder behind glass, it blew me away in person.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Oh wow! So the Cloud City set is out in retail already?

I agree with ya', JT on the price of the MECan. Doesn't seem like a warranted price. The original speeder was about $6, the Gungan Patrol was $10 (so <=$5 for the Dewback+trooper) and a dinky playset which should go for about $6-10. By typical Lego pricing it should be closer to $20. This one will wait for clearance.

Anyone put together their MINI sets yet? Still have mine in plastic.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Anyone put together their MINI sets yet? Still have mine in plastic.
ALL of mine are put together, plus the TIE fighter I got from SW.com giveaway.

bobafrett
11-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Yas, I have all my minis put together including the TIE fighter.

JediTricks
11-19-2003, 03:59 PM
I can't wait to get the wave 3 MINIs, would already have 'em except I only had enough dough for my niece's birthday presents that day. The Imp Shuttle uses a hinge design that I'm not sure I approve of, but otherwise they all look pretty nifty.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-19-2003, 04:12 PM
I can't wait to get the wave 3 MINIs, would already have 'em except I only had enough dough for my niece's birthday presents that day. The Imp Shuttle uses a hinge design that I'm not sure I approve of, but otherwise they all look pretty nifty.
What hinge?? I'm lost. :confused:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-19-2003, 04:54 PM
I assume he's referring to hinges on the shuttle's moveable wings. I was hoping it had that feature, otherwise it'd be difficult to display.

JediBoulton
11-20-2003, 05:35 PM
can anybody post any pics of the new mini's and the new snowspeeder???

Please?? :crazed:

LusiferSam
11-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Try this thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21460) for the mini's. As for the snowspeeder, I don't have a picture to post. But there's one on the back of the Holiday Shot at Home catalog or at Shot at Home web site (http://shop.lego.com/). Sorry that's all the better I can do.

bobafrett
11-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Well, I finally found these today, well all except the Sith Infiltrator. I love the shuttle, followed closely by the Star Destroyer. I really wanted to pick up the Mos Eisley set, but I can't see paying $30 when the box feels so, well, light. The Snowspeeder I have the earlier version. I have to take a pass on that one for now as Christmas approaches. I did buy the 3 mini sets I did find. Does anyone know if the Sith Infiltrator is shipping with the other 3, or will it be coming out by itself? I mean I saw at least 4 of each of the other three mini vehicles, or did someone just have an obsession with Darth Mauls ship?

[DSS]Pedr0
11-21-2003, 12:23 AM
I was at the TRU at 83rd & Cicero and they had them all stacked laying down above the old minis, so I dug them out and nabbed them ALL.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, I finally found these today, well all except the Sith Infiltrator. I love the shuttle, followed closely by the Star Destroyer. I really wanted to pick up the Mos Eisley set, but I can't see paying $30 when the box feels so, well, light. The Snowspeeder I have the earlier version. I have to take a pass on that one for now as Christmas approaches. I did buy the 3 mini sets I did find. Does anyone know if the Sith Infiltrator is shipping with the other 3, or will it be coming out by itself? I mean I saw at least 4 of each of the other three mini vehicles, or did someone just have an obsession with Darth Mauls ship?

BF, they're all shipping together. I guess the SI is more popular where you are because that one and the SD seem to be hanging around longer in my neck of the woods.

bobafrett
11-22-2003, 11:05 AM
BF, they're all shipping together. I guess the SI is more popular where you are because that one and the SD seem to be hanging around longer in my neck of the woods.

Well, I've only seen them in one store at this time. Maybe the store had a guy come in and buy them all, or perhaps they are still in the box, and they only had so much space to put them in, and the SI was in the wrong end of the box. No worrys though, as these aren't selling out unlike some of the Hasbro ites that I see once if even at all. Might make a TRU run after I drop my son off at a birthday party this afternoon.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Well, I've only seen them in one store at this time. Maybe the store had a guy come in and buy them all, or perhaps they are still in the box, and they only had so much space to put them in, and the SI was in the wrong end of the box. No worrys though, as these aren't selling out unlike some of the Hasbro ites that I see once if even at all. Might make a TRU run after I drop my son off at a birthday party this afternoon.

Find it yet?

I put together the Shuttle Saturday afternoon and I have to say it looks pretty sweet. The only thing I didn't like is how the cockpit piece is anchored to the body but I guess it was designed that way to make it angled downward like it is in the movies.

I was putting my sets back together Fri night and realized I never bothered to get the podrace set. I'm itching to get it just to get the TIE Bomber wing, but it looks like such a crummy set I don't know if I want to buy it until the inevitable clearance. Anyone else have an opinion on that set?

LusiferSam
11-24-2003, 01:19 PM
For you guys that have the new mini sets, I've got a question. I was reading over on Lugnet about the color change to the light and dark gray bricks and I was wondering if any of you had noticed? People over there over were talking specifically about the color change and the new minis.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-24-2003, 02:01 PM
For you guys that have the new mini sets, I've got a question. I was reading over on Lugnet about the color change to the light and dark gray bricks and I was wondering if any of you had noticed? People over there over were talking specifically about the color change and the new minis.I was trying to read the "directions" and it was a little confusing with the color schemes, I just had to double check each piece.

bobafrett
11-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Find it yet?

Yes sir, I sure did! I must have paced through the store 50 times trying to decide if I wanted to buy the cantina set, but I left with my one formerly missing mini, the Sith Infiltrator. I still must say the Shuttle ranks at the top of the new minis. I do wish they would have included a new "extra" ship like the A-Wing or the B-Wing.

dr_evazan22
11-24-2003, 03:45 PM
I just found the Sith Infiltrator and AT-TE this morning at TRU, with the help of the lovely LEGO rep that was straightening the section.

HAven't put those last 2 together yet, but the Shuttle is a fav so far also.

As for the Podracers, I think they look pretty good.

The only mini I'm not crazy about is the Y-Wing that came as the extra in the last line. It seems so fragile, and the wings keep unsnapping.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-24-2003, 05:46 PM
The only mini I'm not crazy about is the Y-Wing that came as the extra in the last line. It seems so fragile, and the wings keep unsnapping.

Hmm, I wonder if there's something wrong with that particular set or if mine is just hardy. I haven't had any problems with my Y-Wing's wings coming off or the nacelle rods unsnapping from the clips. The only problem I've had with any of the mini sets is with the AT-ST. That sucker just can't stand very well. Think I'll swap the 2x2 swivel piece with a stationary one.

As for the brick colors, I've heard the same complaint on the fbtb.net boards. I don't remember the exact specifics, but it had to do with the color of dark grey bricks being altered slightly so they were more greenish in tint or something to that effect. Doesn't bother me all that much.

JediTricks
11-25-2003, 12:08 AM
I also have had no fragility problems with my Y-wing (except when I decide Vader has made a kill, bwa ha ha!! :evil: ), certainly no more than the TIE Fighter or X-wing. You might want to check the alignment on the clips that hold the rods in place on the engines.

A-wing and B-wing seem like they'll be pretty easy to handle compared to the sets they've already MINI-ized. I'm still shocked they took on the Star Destroyer. I'd love to see something complicated like the Virago from SOTE or the Gungan Sub or the Hoth Rebel Transport.

mtriv73
11-25-2003, 11:25 AM
I was putting my sets back together Fri night and realized I never bothered to get the podrace set. I'm itching to get it just to get the TIE Bomber wing, but it looks like such a crummy set I don't know if I want to buy it until the inevitable clearance. Anyone else have an opinion on that set?

I never bought that one either. I think it looks flimsy and not worth the $3. Instead, I just picked up another x-wing and Vader's Tie set (which also comes with the wing parts.) You can never have enough x-wings in my opinion and you can scavenge parts from Vader's tie for other projects.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-25-2003, 12:51 PM
I never bought that one either. I think it looks flimsy and not worth the $3. Instead, I just picked up another x-wing and Vader's Tie set (which also comes with the wing parts.) You can never have enough x-wings in my opinion and you can scavenge parts from Vader's tie for other projects.

Aah, yes! Good point. I wonder if you can somehow jerryrig a TIE Interceptor from extra Vader TIE parts.

LusiferSam
11-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Aah, yes! Good point. I wonder if you can somehow jerryrig a TIE Interceptor from extra Vader TIE parts.

I've wondered the same thing. Its the pointed wings that make the Interceptor hard. And there are just so few elements that would work for the wing tips.

JediTricks
11-26-2003, 12:35 AM
There's a part, it's the underside nose on the first X-wing, I think that part is the closest we can expect to make a TIE Interceptor out of right now.