PDA

View Full Version : We should all vote star wars toy line of the year at toyfare!

MASTER_JEDI
11-13-2003, 11:29 PM
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare.cfm

Its only at 4%:( Come on lets voice our love for this line:)

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 11:40 PM
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare.cfm

Its only at 4%:( Come on lets voice our love for this line:)

I did, and it's still at 4%. :zzz:

Beast
11-13-2003, 11:57 PM
Sorry, gotta go with my gut on this one. So I'm placing my vote for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The figure line has been fun to collect. No impossible hunt for figures, no short pack mess, no stress, and just fun. So while I love Star Wars, TMNT and Hellraiser are funner to collect right now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthzirock
11-13-2003, 11:59 PM
I did, and it's still at 4%. :zzz:

I voted, SW is still at 4% while Masters of the Universe is, at 33%, the current leader.

Beast
11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
The only thing MOTU leads, is the ability to annoy collectors. Short packs, variants, chase variants, impossible to get exclusives. Welcome to the reasons I dumped collecting the line at the Teela/Tri-Klops waves. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthzirock
11-14-2003, 12:43 AM
The only thing MOTU leads, is the ability to annoy collectors. Short packs, variants, chase variants, impossible to get exclusives. Welcome to the reasons I dumped collecting the line at the Teela/Tri-Klops waves. :)

All I ever bought was Teela, 'cause I'm a sucker for sexy gal figures. Still looking for Evil-Lyn! :cry:

Saaaaaaay .... maybe that's why I've got seven Aayla Secura figures! :crazed: Well, plus I'm working on a non-animated Clone Wars-style custom of her.

Banthaholic
11-14-2003, 12:54 AM
I threw a vote for Star Wars, although it's only at 5%, MOTU is kicking arse, but then again they're advertising a new MOTU figure on the page,, ummm 'cough' --biased---
Actually I can understand other toy lines beating SW, just wondering why LOTR isn't up there.

plo koon 200
11-14-2003, 10:16 AM
I voted Star Wars becuase it is the only line I collect.

kool-aid killer
11-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Hmm, my vote is going to Hulk! :rolleyes: Im having a hard time deciding. While Star Wars is my main line of collecting it was a bit of a struggle a couple of months ago to find new stuff. I like LOTR but am turned off by the constant repacks and the lack of new figures that the fans want. JJB is right that the Turtles line has been by far the easiest to collect this year but once again i want more figures. I like the Transformer reissues and have somewhat grown on the Armada figures that my brother has but dont see myself voting for them. Sleep on this i will.

Kidhuman
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Well I voted and its up to 5% now. MOTU is 41%

Beast
11-14-2003, 10:55 AM
JJB is right that the Turtles line has been by far the easiest to collect this year but once again i want more figures.
2004 should feed the need for new figures. I remember when the line launched, and they said they were only going to do 16 figures for 2003. And everyone was worried. But they sold like hotcakes, and the numbers grew, and now they're doing around 40 for 2004. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
as much as I love SW, I voted for Spawn Series 24, it's just amazing IMO :)
but I'm really surprised that SW is at 5% atm, where as MOTU is at 46!

TheDarthVader
11-14-2003, 01:13 PM
I just voted for star wars. Star Wars--5% MOTU--49%

bobafrett
11-14-2003, 01:55 PM
I wonder if you can vote like we do here in Chicago, Vote early, vote often !

Jargo
11-14-2003, 02:09 PM
I've voted for the Muppets line which is far superior to anything that hasbroken could ever dream of creating and producing. Pallisades wipe the floor with hasbroken. How can a toyline like star wars be the best of the year when the QC keeps plummeting further further into the absolutely dire depths of atrociousness.

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Ha ha, you'd have to be googly eyed crazy :crazed: to pick Star Wars over some of those other toy lines.

Turbowars
11-15-2003, 03:29 PM
SW is at 3%. Kind of sad. I don't collect much of anything else do to the fact I set up a SW room and I don't even have the room to display all of it. You guys that collect SW, MOTU, Turtles and all the other crap, were are you putting it all? Storage, waiting for the stuff to put your kids through college? I know people have their preference, but I don't understand why MOTU is so popular. When I was a kid it was hot along with GI-Joe, Trans and Legos. I had nothing to do with the line. I thought it sucked then and today it still does.:)

plo koon 200
11-15-2003, 05:14 PM
I like Castle Gray Skull when I was little but other than that I was into Joes and Trans.

plasticfetish
11-16-2003, 04:35 AM
Well ... maybe next year for Star Wars. Let's be honest, Hasbro made a lot of mistakes in 2003 with this line. Marketing was bad, distribution was bad and often quality was bad. Considering that a lot of people are still playing catch-up with '03 figure collecting ... it's surprising that Star Wars even gets to be on the list. (Not to mention, I think that '03 saw the release of at least 2 or 3 of the worst Star Wars figures ever made. Though in all fairness, we've also gotten some of the best this year as well.)

The only thing MOTU leads, is the ability to annoy collectors. Short packs, variants, chase variants, impossible to get exclusives. Welcome to the reasons I dumped collecting the line at the Teela/Tri-Klops waves.
I agree to a certain degree. It's been a pain trying to land certain figures and for certain, we could have done without a lot of the costume variations and such. But you know ... I look at this from two perspectives, one from a collector's point of view, and the other from a toy-playing kid's point of view. He-Man has had some great looking stuff. As a collector (and I'll admit that I don't "collect" He-Man toys, and was too old for the OG line so I have no nostalgic connection) I think that these toys look great. As a parent with a kid that really "plays" with his toys ... I can say that they're worth the money we've paid for them. They fight, they go in the bath, they go outside in the dirt and they've held up very well. It's a line that I don't feel forced to buy every figure of also ... with a few heroes and a few villains, we're doing just fine.

So, above Star Wars (which we do have plenty of to "play" with), above TMNT (which we enjoy very much also), above Transformers Armada (which we have tons of at this point) and above others like Justice League, Batman, the Ultimate Muscle figures and Gundam (which has been kind of lame this year) I voted for He-Man.

Now, like I said ... in '04 it's up for grabs. As a Star Wars collector, I'd love to see them earn a few more percentage points.

Beast
11-16-2003, 08:13 AM
I'll agree, there are some really nice MOTU figures. But the Keldor exclusive ticked me off to no end. That figure could have damn well sold in the regular line. But instead, he's a nearly impossible to acquire exclusive. It's a great line for kids, aye. For collectors, it's a pain in the arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fishyfett
11-16-2003, 12:20 PM
I voted for Star Wars. I will never vote for MOTU. It's all about availability (in RETAIL!!). Star Wars was easier to find than MOTU.

AT-AT Man
11-16-2003, 05:18 PM
voted for my main toy lione, Marvel Legends. Though i do pick up the occasional toy, it's not like it used to be, so i only pick up the ones that i can find.