PDA

View Full Version : New Emperor

arctangent
11-14-2003, 04:17 AM
i found the new emperor figure in a toy shop last night and i have to say why didn't someone, anyone at hasbro take a good look at the figure and say "there is something not quite right here". this is quite possibly the worst star wars figure hasbro have made in a long time. apart from the fact that the paint on the face of those i saw in the shop was so bright it looked like he was wearing max factor, the hood is just too ridiculous for words. how can this not have been spotted before the figure went into production? it is such a shame because the quality and standard of star wars figures has really been raised by hasbro recently.

stillakid
11-14-2003, 04:43 AM
i found the new emperor figure in a toy shop last night and i have to say why didn't someone, anyone at hasbro take a good look at the figure and say "there is something not quite right here". this is quite possibly the worst star wars figure hasbro have made in a long time. apart from the fact that the paint on the face of those i saw in the shop was so bright it looked like he was wearing max factor, the hood is just too ridiculous for words. how can this not have been spotted before the figure went into production? it is such a shame because the quality and standard of star wars figures has really been raised by hasbro recently.

I just opened mine up today too and noticed the hood as well. It's really quite a bizarre thing actually, to have somebody actually sculpt it too large and then have no one question it.

arctangent
11-14-2003, 05:49 AM
I just opened mine up today too and noticed the hood as well. It's really quite a bizarre thing actually, to have somebody actually sculpt it too large and then have no one question it.

it looks so strange that i couldn't actually bring myself to buy one.

sith_killer_99
11-14-2003, 07:16 AM

My condolences on your purchase. :dead:

it looks so strange that i couldn't actually bring myself to buy one.

This seem to be the cry of many collectors. I would like to add, that I saw this monstrosity at Target the other day and also decided not to buy. I said to myself..."Is this thing worth the $5.00 I will never see again?" The answer was clearly no!

So I bought an extra Padme' Wedding...and yes, she does actually have a garter belt on...lol ;)

arctangent
11-14-2003, 07:29 AM
My condolences on your purchase. :dead:

This seem to be the cry of many collectors. I would like to add, that I saw this monstrosity at Target the other day and also decided not to buy. I said to myself..."Is this thing worth the $5.00 I will never see again?" The answer was clearly no!

So I bought an extra Padme' Wedding...and yes, she does actually have a garter belt on...lol ;)

that's fantastic, but you really shouldn't be looking up action figures' dresses you know! :crazed:

sith_killer_99
11-14-2003, 07:39 AM
that's fantastic, but you really shouldn't be looking up action figures' dresses you know!

lol

I was just confirming the rumors...come on, you know you want to check for yourself...lol ;)

arctangent
11-14-2003, 08:21 AM
lol

I was just confirming the rumors...come on, you know you want to check for yourself...lol ;)

yes, well now i know its there i guess i will have to check. in the name of research, obviously

mm74md
11-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Personally, when I saw this in the store I didn't want to get it. However, upon opening him up you can adjust the hood so it covers his face up better

bobafrett
11-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Personally, when I saw this in the store I didn't want to get it. However, upon opening him up you can adjust the hood so it covers his face up better

Yeah, I got mine, and I pushed the head back into the hood, it helps, but not much. Not to mention he can't hold his cane without the little rubber band. I set mine up to "shock". Maybe I can get a regular human figure, and make believe it's the executive at hasbro or wherever that gave the thumbs up to this Emperor, and have old Palpy giving this executive the "shock" treatment! :D

darthzirock
11-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I got mine, and I pushed the head back into the hood, it helps, but not much.

I noticed that, since the back of his head is actually flat, you can really push his head pretty far back into that hood.

I'm awaiting photographic confirmation, but a West Coast collector tells me he has found an Emperor figure where the hood has been scaled down! Has Hasbro finally heard our cries and curses regarding this figure and made a correction already???

Boba Fetish
11-15-2003, 08:41 PM
I probably stand alone, but I kinda like the new Emperor. When you look at his profile he looks very macabe, much like the Grim Reaper. The folds on his cloak are nicely sculpted and thick. I guess my affinity for this figure comes from an aesthetic glance, looks real unique and spooky.

Veers
11-16-2003, 01:22 PM
I do not like it either.

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 02:29 PM
I probably stand alone, but I kinda like the new Emperor. When you look at his profile he looks very macabe, much like the Grim Reaper. The folds on his cloak are nicely sculpted and thick. I guess my affinity for this figure comes from an aesthetic glance, looks real unique and spooky. Nope you don't stand alone. I know the hood it too big, but I think it's cool figure. It's not as bad as you guys make it sound. I will be conducting a hood argumentation on an extra I have. It shouldn't be too hard.

Billy_Dee_Binks
11-16-2003, 04:30 PM
I remember someone hoping that the back of the figure´s head would be a alternate face with a screaming expression. I have to agree since that would have been a very nifty idea.

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 11:53 PM
I remember someone hoping that the back of the figure´s head would be a alternate face with a screaming expression. I have to agree since that would have been a very nifty idea.Yeah, kind of like those old dolls they made back in the old days. My grandmother is a vintage doll collector and she has a few. The head has 4 faces. Happy, sad, crying and I can't remember the 4th. It's kind of creepy. I guess if hasbro did it, it would be an action feature and have a huge 3 inch dial on the back of the neck, so it's all good that Hasbro skipped it, LOL:D

Banthaholic
11-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Nope you don't stand alone. I know the hood it too big, but I think it's cool figure. It's not as bad as you guys make it sound. I will be conducting a hood argumentation on an extra I have. It shouldn't be too hard.
That makes three of us then.
If they're going to remake a figure that's already been produced with 5 variations, I'm glad that they made one totally different.

RussUAE
11-17-2003, 06:16 AM
I am also a fan of this figure.

I love the face sculpt and the rest of him, stance etc all just looks so evil, it is fantastic.

Lazer Brain
11-17-2003, 11:38 AM
the hood was the only disappointment i found with this figure, the lighting bolts could have been longer.
later

fishyfett
11-18-2003, 02:16 AM
If they set the collar farther down his chin, then maybe the hood wouldn't look so balloony. Other than that, I think its a well-made figure. I especially like the vintagey name. 'The Emperor'. That's all you need to know. 'Now, tremble with fear!!!' :D