PDA

View Full Version : The mixing bag- What if Hasbro....

Billy_Dee_Binks
11-16-2003, 08:14 AM
A fun little game:
What if Hasbro gives up on new sculpts and rather starts to re-use old figures parts to create new ones.
Let me show you what I mean:

A "new" Qui-Gon Jinn made from Ep1 Soft Goods Jedi Masterīs
body, PotJ Moisture Farmerīs head (if it is scaled right) and Cinema Scenesīponcho.

See? :D I would much rather prefer such re-releases of non HTF main characters than simple re-issues. Of course new scupted figures are the best sollution.

More:
Troophy series Darth Maul with a cloth cape.

Cancelled Troophy series OOM-9 with the red paint job

PotJ Mechanic Anakin with dirty face and a removeable Podracer helmet.

R-3PO with a chrome paintjob and Ep 1 TC-14 drinking tray for a new TC-14.

Invasion Force Obi Wanīs body and any AOTC Obi Wanīs head for a straight standing Obi Wan (for various scenes to recreate).

What are your ideas?

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Ummm, lets not give Hasbro any new bad ideas.:sur: I'm not trying to be rude, It's just Hasbro needs to stay on target with making NEW figures. We only have a few years left and we need to get as many new and never made figures before the public loses interest in the franchise. Like after ROTJ. I fear the worst and hope for the best. I know Hasbro holds the Licence until 2018, but that doesn't mean Hasbro will be making SW toys. That's if no more films are to be made. You never know with crazy Lucas.:p

fishyfett
11-16-2003, 12:07 PM
I thought they're already doing this, especially w/ the droids. :p

Veers
11-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Not a bad idea.

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 12:41 PM
I thought they're already doing this, especially w/ the droids. :p I know what you mean. :) I don't blame them for using the same mold for Astro units. I don't understand why we don't get more of them. There easy and cheap to produce.:confused:

Boba Fetish
11-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Yes, They should make droid building sets as well as other aliens that frequent the SW movies. The CW packs should serve as evidence of how well figure building packs sell. I see none of the three packs in my neck of the woods; they always sell very consistently.

evenflow
11-16-2003, 02:53 PM
Ummm, lets not give Hasbro any new bad ideas

Exactly. Couldnt have said it better.

Billy_Dee_Binks
11-16-2003, 03:20 PM
But itīs still better and more creative than rereleasing pegwarmerīs of main character.
However what I donīt understand is that Hasbro itself once stated that they want to make rereleases exactly like their originally released counterpart even thought they gave Luke a Lightsabre instead of the T-16 Skyhopper model that came with the CTC release.

P.S.: Iīve got more:
For the CW line they could use the new SA Clone Trooperīs body and the SAGA Clone Pilots helmet to create a straight standing Clone Pilot. After seeing Chapter 1 of the Clone Wars I knew we had to have another one that isnīt leaning to the left (to gun the turrent-pod). Either they rerelease the SAGA version of they come up with this "new" one. He doesnīt even need all the articulation.
Kneejoints would be nice however. He would be a great pack in action figure for a V-19 Clone Fighter.

How about some suggestions from a few others?

LTBasker
11-16-2003, 06:32 PM
As said, they do already do this. :D

AT-ST Driver from Imp. 4-pack- Imperial Officer body, Rebel Trooper head, and the AT-ST Driver helmet from Endor accessory pack. :D

I think if they take something like the Trophy OOM-9 mold though, they should just release it as OOM-9 first. That sculpt was great for it and needs to be released.