PDA

View Full Version : no doubt about it, sidious WILL fight!

hango fett
11-16-2003, 01:49 PM
"Modelmaker Rowan Wademan readies the lightsaber hilt of Darth Sidious for its Star Wars saga debut. (Photo by Paul Tiller)"
i also have the picture from hyperspace!
i am assuming this means our man yoda will fight and most likely get injured and somehow loose his saber...
h

Pendo
11-16-2003, 01:53 PM
I am really disapointed that he will fight. Sidious is so powerful he shouldn't have to fight. He is more scary because he doesn't pull out his saber! Bad move by GWL :mad:!

PENDO!

Beast
11-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Well, we don't know for sure he'll actually fight. He could just have it in the movie. After all, even Jocasta Nu had one. In my mind though, he's really the only one that could defeat Yoda in a battle. So I can see it, if it comes to that. But also wouldn't mind not seeing his powers until ROTJ. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
11-16-2003, 04:47 PM
i would LOVE to see him fight yoda. that would be truly amazing. i think (if he fights, that is) he would use the dark side lightning and the lightsaber at the same time in a killer combo. i do that on jedi outcast II: jedi knight quite a bit. i would just like to see him fire it up and see what color it is. i am guessing red...who knows...have to wait 1.7 years
h

Sith Lord 0498
11-16-2003, 08:22 PM
i am assuming this means our man yoda will fight and most likely get injured and somehow loose his saber...
h

Perhaps that is why Yoda is on the brink of death by the time of ESB and ROTJ. He seems very healthy and active in the prequels (AOTC firmly established that idea ;) ), so it seems odd that in only 20 years, he's that sickly. Sure, it may be the stress of losing his way of life combined with the harshness of life on Dagobagh, but perhaps Sidious wounds him in such a way that he never fully recovers and encounters a shortened life as a result.

plo koon 200
11-17-2003, 04:28 PM
"Modelmaker Rowan Wademan readies the lightsaber hilt of Darth Sidious for its Star Wars saga debut. (Photo by Paul Tiller)"
i also have the picture from hyperspace!
h

Yoda has a lightsaber in ESB, at lest briefly in my Widescreen Special Edition version.

Beast
11-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Yoda has a lightsaber in ESB, at lest briefly in my Widescreen Special Edition version.
Bwah? Where and when do you see a lightsaber in ESB? :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
11-17-2003, 05:00 PM
no kidding! i missed this!
???
h

Pendo
11-18-2003, 02:48 AM
I'm not sure where this is, but he does have a point. Each member of the Jedi council had a lightsaber in TPM and they didn't use them. Jocasta Nu has a lightsaber and she doesn't use it. I just hope Sidious won't use his!

PENDO!

hango fett
11-18-2003, 10:07 AM
i would like if he just used force lightning, really. i still wouldn't mind seeing it.
h

sith_killer_99
11-18-2003, 11:04 AM
The force lightning was played when Yoda fought Dooku in AOTC. Dooku even says "It seems this cannot be settled by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber." I mean, he hit yoda with seroius force lightning and he sucked it up like it was nothing.

I also don't buy that Palpatine (I mean Darth Sidious) injures Yoda that badly. The point GL was trying to get across in AOTC was that Yoda liked people to think of him as weaker than he really was, but at any time he could call on the force and do some serious stuff, like lift an X-Wing or fight a sith lord.

In also don't think the question of Yoda's lightsaber on Dagobah was ever really addressed, maybe he had it and maybe he didn't. Most likely he just didn't carry it all the time, because he didn't really need it.

In the end you kinda have to go back to George's "formulaic" film making. In the end of ROTJ there is 1 major lightsaber battle (Luke vs Vader) and a major battle (Destroy the 2nd Death Star). I think we will see the same thing in EP3 (Ani vs Obi) and some major battle (Ground or Space). Maybe we will see Sidious in the battle with Ani and Obi?

I don't think we will see Sidious and Yoda battle one on one.

hango fett
11-19-2003, 05:32 AM
well, if it's ani and obi vs. sidious/palpy then i am fine with that. but it's too early to really get a good guess..
h

plo koon 200
11-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Bwah? Where and when do you see a lightsaber in ESB? :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I see it at some point in Luke's training. If I watch it anytime soon I will give you the exact time down to the second. Actually you see his saber for about 30 seconds which means it is in several frames but it is kind of that if you blink you will miss it thing. And oftentimes people miss it until it is pointed out to them.

One more thing, Yoda's saber in ESB is not the same one.

hango fett
11-19-2003, 07:41 PM
hmm...i will have to watch the OT again....interesting!
hango

JEDIpartner
11-20-2003, 12:12 PM
No... No... No...!!!! *sigh*

jawaboy
11-20-2003, 01:34 PM
That lightsaber in the pic looks awfully short doesn't it? It almost looks like you couldn't put two hands on it. If that's true it may say alot about Palpy's fighting style.

tagmac
11-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Luke's saber that you saw?

scruffziller
11-22-2003, 12:09 PM
I see it at some point in Luke's training. If I watch it anytime soon I will give you the exact time down to the second. Actually you see his saber for about 30 seconds which means it is in several frames but it is kind of that if you blink you will miss it thing. And oftentimes people miss it until it is pointed out to them.

One more thing, Yoda's saber in ESB is not the same one.You must provide a pic!!!
It better not be Luke's little flashlight either.....:frus: :D

Hellboy
11-29-2003, 08:43 PM

That wasn't a Lightsaber that was a water pipe. Moss and trees weren't the only things that grew on Dagobah and remember Yoda did have the munchies. :crazed:

Jon
11-30-2003, 08:35 AM
I remember this type of reaction to the rumored Yoda fight in AOTC. That turned to be alright. I understand the concern and fear that GL will somehow cheapen Palpatine in this way, maybe they will get it right and it will be freaking awesome. There is always hope, even if it is just a fools hope.

hango fett
12-03-2003, 11:36 AM
they won't fool around with sidious/palpy. they would do it right just like yodas fiasco. it would be the second best thing in the movie besides seeing vader for me.
h

plo koon 200
12-03-2003, 06:02 PM
I find the Yoda fight to be rather chessy.

And by the way everyone on Friday I will re-watch ESB and tell you exactly to the milisecond where you can see Yoda's lightsaber. I know it's there because I have seen it about a 100 times. Just to let you guys know I also did not know that it was there until someone pointed it out to me but once you see it, like everything else that is pointed out, you can't miss it ever again.

Pendo
12-04-2003, 07:10 AM
they won't fool around with sidious/palpy. they would do it right just like yodas fiasco.
I'm sorry but I disagree. Yoda's fight is pretty rediculous. One of the things I loved about both Yoda and Palpatine is that they don't need to fight. By having them both fight it's ruined that for me :(.

PENDO!

vaderman1701
12-04-2003, 11:26 PM
I do not have a problem seeing Sidious/Palpy fight, I do have a problem with the fight being with Yoda. I think that they should not blow everyone's opinion about Yoda's power. Having him lose to Palpy is a smack in the face. Especially when Luke asks in ESB.."Is the Darkside stronger?" and Yoda replies.."No! Quicker..more seductive." If Yoda supposedly gets his butt handed to him by Palpy, wouldn't that give more leverage to the Darkside being stronger? I think the only way I will excpet this is if Yoda was somehow weakened before he fights Palpy. I heard rumors that when Yoda is meditating and scanning the darkside that this does make him weary. Perhaps Palpy attacks him as Yoda discovers the truth while meditating. ugh! I guess we have to wait and see.

I would much rather see Palpy take Mace Windu down. He tends to be more of an aggressor than Yoda and supposedly is almost equal to Yoda in lightsaber skill.

Just my $.02.

Scott