PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Han Solo Saga Figs

zlurp
11-16-2003, 06:26 PM
I've read a rumor that a new Han Solo Stormtrooper fig is in the works for next year, has anyone else heard this? I was also really hoping for a new Han in Carbonite (a non buff version) for next year. I guess we'll just have to see. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any info on any possible rumors.

-Zlurp

Beast
11-16-2003, 06:29 PM
The only Han I've seen on any lists so far, is Han Solo: Endor Gear. This appeared on GH's Swami's list and sort of confirmed, from some case breakdowns. And he's been right about most of 2004's figures so far. So I would place this one in the likely list. Han: Carbonite likely won't get done, as we've already seen 2004's Jabba's Palace wave. He could be in the rumored/quasi-confirmed Bespin Wave, but it's unlikely. I've not heard anything at all, regarding a new Han: Stormtrooper. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 10:46 PM
It would be great for Hasbro to put out corrected or should I say improved Han and Luke Stormy on basic cards. Give them a Commtech body and I'm sold. The Trash set ones are cool in there own way, but they are pretty much statues.

Beast
11-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Agreed Turbie. Though Han Solo: Ceremonial is above another Han Solo: Stormtrooper. A screen scene of the Medal Ceremony would be great. Accurate to scale Leia: Ceremonial, a better Luke: Ceremonial, and Han: Ceremonial. Package that baby up, and I'd buy two. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Hell yeah!! I'm still POed good old Chewy never got a metal. Lucas should give him one when he screwss with OT again.

Kidhuman
11-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Yeah but he did roar to turn the troops foward. Thats what he got

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah but he did roar to turn the troops foward. Thats what he gotNo he got screwedd! it's like he was lower that everyone else. I think is he was go enough to fly the Falcon, or co pilot it, he should have got a metal. If it wasn't for Chewy, they would have been killed. God I'm a SW geek. I mean that in a good way!!!!.

Banthaholic
11-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Hell yeah!! I'm still POed good old Chewy never got a metal. Lucas should give him one when he screwss with OT again.
Didn't MTV finally give Chewie a medal on their MTV Movie Awards a few years back?

tgr3328
11-17-2003, 09:32 AM
No he got screwedd! it's like he was lower that everyone else. I think is he was go enough to fly the Falcon, or co pilot it, he should have got a metal. If it wasn't for Chewy, they would have been killed.

And to think that in the EU, they say the the Empire was anti-alien! What do you see in that final scene from ANH; A room full of humans and only one Wookie (who doesn't get a medal!).

JEDIpartner
11-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Isn't there some EU thing that stated that wookiees do not recognise awards or medals and that Chewie really didn't want to be a part of the ceremony? I thought I'd read that for years.

tgr3328
11-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Could be, though I'm not familiar with it.

Actually sounds like back-peddling inserted into the EU to cover the inequity in the movie.

El Chuxter
11-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Isn't there some EU thing that stated that wookiees do not recognise awards or medals and that Chewie really didn't want to be a part of the ceremony? I thought I'd read that for years.

Yeah, but I don't remember where it originated.

IIRC, the first issue of the Marvel comic after the conclusion of the movie featured a scene in which Chewie was given a medal in a private ceremony the following day.