PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy?

keithfite
11-17-2003, 01:35 AM
Hey. I collect the 3 3/4 inch figures. I also collect gamorrean guard stuff. In my local collector shop he had a micro machine set with bantha, gamorrean, and bib fortuna. I had to have it because of the guard. I opened it and I love these little things. I never thought to look into them, but they are cool. I looked at Brians toys to see all the different sets that existed. but alot were sold out. So I thought Id ask you guys, wheres a good place online to buy these.

keithfite
11-17-2003, 01:39 AM
also. on brians toys it has micro machine sections and action fleet sections. arent they the same thing both made by micro machine? Why do they need seperate sections
and the set I got today was action fleet battle pack#3. Mine came with a tusken, bib, gamorrean, and the one sister. But no ponda baba. the brians toy picture of the set shows ponda baba.

good shot jansen
11-18-2003, 12:05 PM
the best on-line retailer to buy action fleet and micro machines is D & S TOYS (http://www.dnstoys.com/)

dave roberts who runs the place has over the years offered a good supply of micro machines for about the same as msrp. when he does get the tough to find items in stock, he does charge a little more for them, cause it cost him a little more to track em down. but shipping costs are always actual shipping charges, very reasonable.

go check it out. the only other place to find a good source of mm's is to go trolling through ebay, and don't forget to look daily at the ebay micro machines alert thread, sicqnus does a fabulous job of keeping track of all micro machine auctions of interest.

i particularly appreciate sicqnus's efforts, as i am the originator of that alert thread, but never gave it the kind of dedication that sicqnus has displayed time and time again. :)

keithfite
11-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. I just went and looked at that website. That guy deffinately has a lot of star wars mm. Thank you for your help good shot jansen

sergiurusu
11-19-2003, 02:53 AM
the best on-line retailer to buy action fleet and micro machines is D & S TOYS (http://www.dnstoys.com/)dave roberts who runs the place has over the years offered a good supply of micro machines for about the same as msrp. when he does get the tough to find items in stock, he does charge a little more for them, cause it cost him a little more to track em down. but shipping costs are always actual shipping charges, very reasonable.

Good Shot Jansen is right. I dealt with Dave and he is a super guy! And I don't own a credit card so we made something different. He found for me some rare items and the prices are super.

r2dee2
11-20-2003, 04:49 PM
also. on brians toys it has micro machine sections and action fleet sections. arent they the same thing both made by micro machine? Why do they need seperate sections
and the set I got today was action fleet battle pack#3. Mine came with a tusken, bib, gamorrean, and the one sister. But no ponda baba. the brians toy picture of the set shows ponda baba.

Many stores seperate MicroMachines from the Action Fleet, even though they are both MicroMachine, it's just an easier way to find stuff. Some catagorize even further for the Battle packs, Planet sets, Transforming Heads etc.....

I've found that Brian's toys does have a problem with their pictures being of the "actual" item being sent. You have to email them to be certain of which version you're getting. The Battlepack #3 originally did come with the Ponda Baba figure, but was later dropped from the package. You can see pics of the different packs here at ToyForce (http://r2toyforce.net/bp3.htm)

SHOPPING MAUL
11-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Hey. I collect the 3 3/4 inch figures. I also collect gamorrean guard stuff. In my local collector shop he had a micro machine set with bantha, gamorrean, and bib fortuna. I had to have it because of the guard. I opened it and I love these little things. I never thought to look into them, but they are cool. I looked at Brians toys to see all the different sets that existed. but alot were sold out. So I thought Id ask you guys, wheres a good place online to buy these.
[
keithfite:

When i first started collecting micromachines battle packs,
i noticed that the first 6 battle packs had a change{'variant'}
about them..
What i mean is the first 6 battle packs later had an additional
figure added to them. I currently have 2 sets of the first 6
battlepacks because of this..............
SIZE=4]

r2dee2
11-22-2003, 11:31 AM
[
keithfite:

When i first started collecting micromachines battle packs,
i noticed that the first 6 battle packs had a change{'variant'}
about them..
What i mean is the first 6 battle packs later had an additional
figure added to them. I currently have 2 sets of the first 6
battlepacks because of this..............
SIZE=4]

Shopping Maul, unless I've misread your post, the Battlepack info you have is "backwards" ;) the first 8 Battle Packs have an extra figure that is omitted in the second and later release Battle Packs.