PDA

View Full Version : Failed Predictions for 2003

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Late last year, there were a bunch of lists of figures that were supposed to be made this year. I copied them down, and took names off the list as they came out. Here's the last few who didn't get made:

*Bespin Pilot (The Empire Strikes Back)
*Padmé Amidala (Naboo Refuge)
*Anakin Skywalker (Naboo Refuge)
*Orray with Geonosian Picador
*Scene Selection 2-pack: Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett

Also on the lists were these three:

*Figure #82863 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
*Figure #84296 (Not allowed . . .)
*Figure #84313 (Not allowed . . .)

Does anyone know if these will be made? I bet the Obi-Wan and Jango pack was really just the two deluxe figures, somehow mixed up. Thoughts?

JEDIpartner
11-17-2003, 11:12 AM
I think the Obi-Wan vs. Jango was split up into the deluxe figure packs and you might chalk it up to a bad report. Anakin was already made (technically) as his Naboo refugee costume was the Outlander Peasant version that was released in 2002.

As far as the rest go... (???)

Chiesa
11-17-2003, 11:15 AM
The Padme (Naboo refuge) looks like it would be a good addition to any collection. :)

Besides the movie is coming out in 2005. There is still 2004 to come. So lets keep our fingers crossed. These predictions may be true after all.

JEDIpartner
11-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Ehhh... I'd think they won't show. It looks as though the 2004 schedule is rife with OT assortments, leaving no room for AOTC figures. I hope that's not the case, though... even though Hasblah specifically said figures would only be released in "themed" waves. *sigh*

Beast
11-17-2003, 01:45 PM
We are going to get some AOTC's figures though, JP. Since Sly Moore and Wookie Senator Yarua are being predicted for 2004's figure line. And the Swami's been 100% right so far on 2004's figures.

As for the figures that couldn't be revealed at the time, those were the other three Clone Wars figures. Kit Fistro, Saesee Tiin, and the SA CloneTrooper. :)

The Cloud Car Pilot is supposed to be in the upcoming Bespin wave. I don't recally Padme: Outland Peasent Disguise ever being on any of the lists. Her Tatooine Outfit was, and that was done. And the Orray and Geo. Picador was often requested, but I don't recall seeing it on any lists either. Though I could be wrong. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Boba Fetish
11-17-2003, 02:38 PM
I don't remember seeing the Orray/Picador or Padme outlander either, but I would love those figures. Isn't the Bespin pilot rumored to be with the Cloud Car exclusive or was he taken out 'cause they didn't have anyone slated to pick up that item yet?

What might have the Swami said about the Bespin wave? I've only heard of Dengar, would love to see a resculpted Bespin Gown Leia and some obscure character like Wiorkettle or Willrow Hood.

Oh, 100 posts. I'm a big small fry now. :)

Beast
11-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Swami Sez: New Star Wars Toys For '04!
10/12/2003 12:51:22 PM | Reported by Mike

Our Galactic Swami foresees good things in the future for Star Wars toys in 2004. Ready your wallets, because if you're a fan of the Original Trilogy, then you'll be spending plenty of dough indeed! Swami also tells us that the emphasis for 2004 are collectors and MAX articulation. Believe in the power of the Swami!

Basic Figures

Craving more Imperials for your collection? How about a first ever issue of Admiral Ozzel and a new Imperial TIE Pilot with improved articulation! If you've been wanting more characters from The Empire Strikes Back, you'll be happy to know that a long wished for Cloud Car Pilot, Leia Bespin Gown, Lobot, Dagobah R2-D2, and a new sculpt of bounty hunter Dengar are also planned.

Rounding out the OT figures are a Gold Leader X-Wing Pilot and a new Han Endor.

From the Prequels come new figures of Palpatine's aide Sly Moore, the Wookiee Senator Yarua, and duck-billed Jedi Pablo Jill.

Reissues of previously released figures are also to be continued. Now dubbed the "Hall of Fame" series, expect some form of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia.

Ultra Figures

For those who love those furry creatures with attitude, an Ultra Ewok 2 Pack with Catapult is planned. Another set from Return of the Jedi featuring B'ommar Monk and Bubo are also in the works.

Vehicles, Exclusives, and the Rest

The Sandcrawler is coming to Target. But Swami sez you already knew that. But did you know that Target will also carry Star Wars drinking glasses packed with exclusive figures? Sounds like a neat concept.

A new TIE Fighter with more accurately scaled wings as well as new colored versions of the Y-Wing and X-Wing (Gold Leader) will be dogfighting as an exclusive for a retailer.

Multi-packs to be released include themes from Naboo Final Battle, Pit of Carkoon, and Jedi Council (with Shaak-Ti).

Another large 12" exclusive for Kaybee is also planned with the same pricepoint as the Gamorrean Guard...more details to follow.

The Swami hopes you enjoyed this little sneak peak into the Galactic crystal ball. Swami wants to remind everyone that although we should all believe in the POTS (Power Of The Swami), nothing is guaranteed until Hasbro officially announces them!

Swami Sez: More '04 News!
10/16/2003 11:00:33 AM | Reported by Mike

The Swami has received more messages from the plastic netherworld. The Spirits! The Spirits! The Spirits of toys past return in the Hall of Fame series, and Sami sez you can have it your way at Target stores with the return of classic Burger King glasses.

Galactic Swami begins our seance with these case breakdowns for early '04:

84715 00A (LATE JANUARY) HALL OF FAME SERIES
1X HOF CHEWBACCA
1X HOF R2-D2
1X HOF C-3P0
1X HOF OBI-WAN KENOBI
1X HOF ANAKIN SKYWALKER
1X HOF STORMTROOPER
1X HOF YODA
1X HOF DARTH MAUL
1X HOF PRINCESS LEIA
1X HOF DARTH VADER
1X HOF LUKE SKYWALKER

84715 00B (DATE TBA)
1X GENERAL DODONNA
1X CAPTAIN ANTILLES
1X ADMIRAL OZZEL
1X DENGAR
2X BESPIN PRINCESS LEIA
2X CLOUD CAR PILOT
2X LOBOT
1X TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1X GOLD LEADER

84715 00G (DATE TBA)
1X GOLD LEADER
1X TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1X GENERAL DODONNA
1X ENDOR HAN SOLO
2X SLY MOORE
2X CORUSCANT PABLO JILL
2X WOOKIE SENATOR
1X R2-D2 (DAGOBAH)
1X CLOUD CAR PILOT

From Swami's previous reading, you already know that the Hall Of Fame assortment are reissues of previously released figures, which Hasbro designates in this all star line up for being one of the better interpretations for these key characters in the saga.

Swami foresees that in 2004, Target will receive 3 different sets of vintage Burger King glasses, which come with a packed in figure and accompanying base.

Also coming to Kaybee stores will be an exclusive 12" ARC Trooper!

Once again, Swami warns that the Hasbro spirits can be fickle indeed. He keeps seeing the words "Products and colors may vary". But Swami is confident in his powers, especially with a daily ritual of burning annoying pegwarmers in a funeral pyre to please the collecting gods! Believe in The Power of the Swami!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
11-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Failed predictions from rumor lists...
add
Naboo fighter
@nd & 3rd Wave of Target Accessory sets

JEDIpartner
11-18-2003, 02:09 PM
I kinda had this feeling about the Naboo N-1 since it was a clearance item only a year or so earlier.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Failed predictions from rumor lists...
add
Naboo fighter
@nd & 3rd Wave of Target Accessory sets
I thought the accessory packs were cancelled or held off, not just rumors. There was also a Republic Gunship with More Firepower or something that never turned out (the Command gunship was listed as a Clone Wars one).

jedi master sal
11-20-2003, 01:00 PM
what about the Action Fleet Vehicles! I was SO wanting these:

Star Destroyer
Jedi Starfighter
Mon Calamari Cruiser
Anakin's speeder
Zam's Speeder
Homing Spider Droid

Can't remember if there's anyothers but dang Hasbro, did you drop the ball on us AF collectors. We even took it on the chin when you stopped produced minifigs with these, and kept buying them.

OC47150
11-20-2003, 04:16 PM
I like the idea/concept of figures being released as a group such as the battle for Yavin and Hoth, and the cinema scenes.

Although there's nothing wrong with AOTC, I'd like to see more OT figures released in '04.

And I've been under the impression that the Target exclusive accessory sets were being re-designed, not canceled. Boy, I had my heart set on a couple of the Yavin sets!

Banthaholic
11-21-2003, 12:28 AM
what about the Action Fleet Vehicles! I was SO wanting these:
So did I, the Mon Calamari ship would have taken the cake. I hope Hasbro realizes from their mistakes, and realizes, new ships sell well if well designed. I only saw Wave 4 once, thank the lord I bought them, since I haven't seen them since. Plus I was hoping that they would make an AF Wampa.