PDA

View Full Version : Custom Drop ship

matthewilw
11-18-2003, 01:23 AM
Well, I finally started on my custom starship troopers drop ship. But progress is slow. So far I've removed the remote, rocket launcher, half-circles on the legs, and all things electric from it. I've also cleared the the cargo hold out so that it can now hold troops. What I'm left with now is what to do about the holes left from the rocket launcher and bottom leg-thingies(not sure what they're called). So I'm looking for some suggestions about those issues and also some tips on weathering.

good shot jansen
11-18-2003, 06:03 PM
very cool. :)

i never picked up the electric drop ship, or for that matter any of the electric action fleet. for some reason i never particularly liked the electric features. i always thought the best thing about action fleet was the ability to integrate them into a play arena that was limited by only what the imagination could conjur up. for some reason i always felt that the electrical cords and controls got in the way of the fantasy part of playtime. just me i guess.

now that i'm looking at your work in progress, i kinda wanna track down the old electric galoob drop ship, and start customisin' it the same way you are. it looks great.

i'll scour the web when i have the time, maybe tomorrow, and see if i can track down any resources to help you out.

it looks great!

sergiurusu
11-21-2003, 04:16 AM
it is super!!!!

sicqnus
11-21-2003, 09:32 AM
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/Other/stroop.htm

Hi Matthewilw,
this page contains lots of studio models pictures. A good source for hardware reference.