PDA

View Full Version : KBtoys.com Sale

waboritas
11-18-2003, 10:08 AM
KBtoys.com has the Imperial Shuttle for $69.99 and the Tie Fighter with pilot for $14.99. Picked up a shuttle and 2 Tie fighters total came to 99.97 which also got me free shipping (orders over $99 qualify). If you have been waiting for these to go on sale like me, head on over and get 'em while they are cheep.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2003, 03:08 PM
I picked up the Shuttle... they also have the Interactive Artoo-Detoo for $49.99, I think. If you enter the code: SEARSKBTOY that will get you another $10 off!!!

Dr Zoltar
11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Nice! I knew if I waited long enough I could get a shuttle for a decent price. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to wait for the Tie Fighter to go on sale as well. Now to give my wife some hints as to what I want to Christmas.

El Chuxter
11-18-2003, 03:52 PM
I believe the time has come for me to finally get that Shuttle. :happy:

JEDIpartner
11-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Precisely... I wasn't gonna waffle over the TIE fighter. It's those really HUGE TICKET items like the shuttle that beg for a little patience. I'm glad I waited. Who knew??

TheDarthVader
11-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Thank you so much for posting this here. I just ordered the imperial shuttle (that I have always wanted but it was too expensive) and two tie fighters to accompany it!!!!!! :D With the $10 off and free shipping my total was $98.22

jedi master sal
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
A buddy told me about this, this morning and I too got one. Sometimes it does pay to wait. Glad I did. If it's true that FAO was charging $120=s/h then at $69.90 (that's with the code as mentioned above) I paid only roughly 50% of original sticker price!

At this rate though, I don't expect them to be in stock for too much longer, ESPECIALLY with the holidays coming up.

El Chuxter
11-19-2003, 01:06 PM
A few other notable, non-SW items I saw:

Mer-Man for $4.99
LOTR Ringwraith & Stallion for $12.99
MOTU Slime Pit w/ Mutant figure for $9.99

Dr Zoltar
11-19-2003, 03:53 PM
At this rate though, I don't expect them to be in stock for too much longer, ESPECIALLY with the holidays coming up.
I'm not so sure about that. There seems to be a glut of them on the market. I got the interactive remote R2 from KB when it was $50 and they are still pleantiful. I do sure hope someone orders me one for the holidays though.

OC47150
11-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Ordered me the Gamorrean guard this morning! $21 and some change, including shipping. Should be here in a week or so.

That's a heck of a lot better than the $30 in the stores.

JediCole
11-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Another noteable item on the KB sale is the exclusive 12" Gamorrean Guard at $14.99! I found that one quite by accident, sadly I'd bought mine long before this sale.

I may have to look into getting a Mer-Man. I saw one at a toy show in Austin, TX many months back at something like $25.00 and was told that it was "very rare"! Having only a passing interest in this figure (and none of the others), I just chocked it up to something I didn't need unless I stumbled on it in the stores. The sale price is most agreeable. Very rare indeed!

darthzirock
11-21-2003, 03:15 AM
KB Toys is getting in the Saga-carded deluxes that were hard to find, too. Mine had the C-3PO Droid Factory and Yoda w/ Force Powers, both just $4.99! I always figured these would eventually turn up somewhere at clearance, because I sure never saw them during their 2002 release!

LTBasker
11-21-2003, 03:29 AM
There's another coupon code (think I saw it on Thejawa) for the shuttle to go with the other, which could knock off $5 more bucks. Now that's what I'm talking about. :D

JEDIpartner
11-21-2003, 10:24 AM
I picked up the Shuttle... they also have the Interactive Artoo-Detoo for $49.99, I think. If you enter the code: SEARSKBTOY that will get you another $10 off!!!
I posted that on 18.11.03... just wanted to say, "Holy Crap!! My Shuttle arrived today!!!!"

:cool: :D

waboritas
11-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Got mine on Saturday. Could the box be any BIGGER??? Had a bunch of stuff in bags that I packed away with it and the 2 Tie Fighters I got.

2-1B
11-25-2003, 04:11 AM
I got my Gam Guard, Playskool Falcon, Playskool X-Wing, and Playskool Naboo Fighter today. :happy:

I'm so pumped that I just placed an order for another Gam Guard, the Shuttle, and a set of all 6 Playskool sets for future gifts. :D

jedi master sal
11-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Holy Crap is right! That was a HUGE box. I almost couldn't fit it into the truck to take home (I had it delivered to my work). Did those who ordered receive their's with clear tape over the top and sides? Mine did. So that detracted a little from the packaging, but still it is cool. I carefully opened mine from the bottom and slide out the pieces, assembled them and 5 minutes later put them back the same way I took them out. I forgot about the passenger section in the body part of the ship...

I have no room left to display my stuff and I just don't want this sitting around were I could possibly lose a piece. Besides, I just bought one of the 6ft Falcon's that was a TRU exclusive display from '97 and with that I have NO room at all. That thing is huge! 6ft from front to back, 4 1/2 to 5ft from side to side and 1 1/2 to 2 ft from top to bottom. Wow, these two big items AND I'll be receiving a 12in Plo Koon I won from eBay as well as a 12in Royal Guard and last week got the 12in scale Wicket!

And it isn't even Christmas yet!

Shoot, from what I just got in the last two weeks I don't need anything for Christmas. Oh oh and I forgot, but a collecting bud of mine picked me up a complete set of the latest wave, to boot the Elan is the "Ears" one! Another collecting bud got me a GREEN pack of clones! FINALLY I HAVE THEM ALL! No more color variations to specifically look for!

This has been the best year for Star Wars collecting for me since the begining! And to think we were all complaining just two-three months ago...

I truly hope that all of you have the fortunes I've been having!

2-1B
11-25-2003, 02:18 PM
I also ordered the 12inch Zuckuss and Dengar, I figured 9.99 was a decent price. I passed however on the Imp Officer.

TheDarthVader
12-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Go to KBtoys.com and you will find the shuttle now for $59.99 and the Gamorrean Guard 12" figure for $9.99!!!!!!!!!!! I feel a little ripped off because I just paid $69.99 for my shuttle. :o

Dr Zoltar
12-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Go to KBtoys.com and you will find the shuttle now for $59.99 and the Gamorrean Guard 12" figure for $9.99!!!!!!!!!!! I feel a little ripped off because I just paid $69.99 for my shuttle. :o
They may match the lower price if you call them within 30 days of your purchase. I haven't done this myself, but have heard of others who did.

I have a feeling I'm getting this for Christmas. Now I just need to figure out who got it for me and if they can call KB to price match as well.

TheDarthVader
12-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Dr Zoltar. I called 1-877-452-5437 (Kbtoys.com customer service toll free number) and talked with a lady. You need to have your order number ready...tell them about the price difference with the Shuttle. She told me they'd post a credit back to my card within 5 days! I told her how appreciative I was of her help. So...anyone reading this needs to call to get your $10 back! It is easy!

Sidiously Darth
12-09-2003, 09:30 PM

Stop your whining!!! :p

Remember some people paid $100+ for theirs. Especially when it was supposedly a FAO, who is now bankrupt and closing all its stores, exclusive. You got a very good deal and now you're compaining about $10. How about being ripped for $40-$70?