PDA

View Full Version : TRU Ad: Nov. 23-26

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-18-2003, 07:35 PM
I just got next week's Toys R Us Ad. The once "exclusive" Lightsaber Action Pack from KB is gonna be at TRU.

LTBasker
11-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Actually they've had'em at Amazon for a bit now at that price. I'm suprised they're gonna be selling'em in store, maybe it'll worth checking out if they have some good figures with the sabers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Hopefully they pack them at the stores - my TRU has had a million red guards
since last June. Maybe I can get some in a pack with the orange or green sabers I still need.

OC47150
11-20-2003, 05:18 PM
I've already seen 'em in the stores. What caught my eye was that someone swapped one of the figures and left the space empty.

Sidiously Darth
11-20-2003, 07:44 PM
They really should have a "you fill the slots" offer on these and the KB 4 packs. The idea is to have one of those large baskets or end cap with all figures that are available for the saber's 3 slots or the 4 pack slots. Then you fill the slots with the figures you want.

I know some will argue the logistics and that some will try and cheat the system. Just have a 2-4 page pamplet that shows all the figures available for the offer at the register. Then the cashier will know if you're picks are up to snuff.

It's just like the produce lists you see cashiers going through at registers in grocery stores. It takes a few seconds to scan through and check.

Then again, Christmas is coming, some collectors are a-holes and would try to argue their way into screwing the whole thing up. :confused: :cry: :rolleyes:

JediTricks
11-21-2003, 12:23 AM
You mean they're not? ;) I've seen those KB ones filled every which way, even saw some gold-border figures in one last week!

Banthaholic
11-21-2003, 01:24 AM
They really should have a "you fill the slots" offer on these and the KB 4 packs. The idea is to have one of those large baskets or end cap with all figures that are available for the saber's 3 slots or the 4 pack slots. Then you fill the slots with the figures you want.

While a noble idea, I see a flaw that within a few hours there would be nothing but Orn Free Ta's & Senator Palpatines to fill up the 4-packs. ;)

SirSteve
11-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks. Don't forget people that you can send in News like this to me or submit it yourself in our News system.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Hopefully this will be a great gimmick to get all the pegwarmers out of the stores. Unfortunately for collectors like me who have about all they want to get of 2002 stuff (except for Ephant Mon, of course), it's not a great deal.

Remember a couple of years ago on Black Friday when TRU had all their EP1 figures for $1.99? That would be great because the selection was pretty decent, not the same 5-6 figures that are ubiquitous in the value packs.

bobafrett
11-25-2003, 08:20 PM
The TRU I went to today had 4 huge boxes of these with nary but a few missing. I like the concept, but I really don't collect the toy lightsabers.

OC47150
11-26-2003, 08:34 AM
I remember the $1.99 sale from a couple of years ago and stood in line with hopes of scoring the R2 with holo Leia. The only thing I walked away with were battle droids.

SirSteve
11-26-2003, 09:45 AM
This just in... Black Friday prices:

Star Wars Attack of the Clones II Basic Figures $2.99
Star Wars Attack of the Clones Wisdom of the Force Yoda $12.97

OC47150
11-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Does that mean the Jango Fett pilot figures will finally fly off the pegs?

steeltormentor1777
11-26-2003, 12:08 PM
What is the wisdom of the force yoda? I must be missing something here or I'm just plain dumb.

skeeziks22
11-26-2003, 01:04 PM
I live in Alaska and the TRU here had two full sized bins filled with these. I didn't see much of excitement for me, but there were decent figures in there. And any electronic Saber for less than $10 Do you know how easy it is to switch out these figures?