Banthaholic
11-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Pics are up
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.974/dn/default.cfm

A.J.
11-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Pics are up
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.974/dn/default.cfm

Oops, we musta been typing at the same time Banthaholic. Doesn't Capt. Antillies look a little like 9 year old Ani?

Banthaholic
11-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Oops, we musta been typing at the same time Banthaholic. Doesn't Capt. Antillies look a little like 9 year old Ani?
The Captain, hopefully looks better with his helmet on. At first glance I was wondering who the new, child-like figure was, only come to realize that he is Captain Antilles.

El Chuxter
11-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Two questions:

Is the TIE Pilot accurate for the Battle of Yavin? I can't remember for sure what the costume differences are.

And why, why, why are they resculpting Bossk? The first one is still perfect! :confused:

Beast
11-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Nice. I like all 4 of the figures. The Dodonna is especially sweet, and I'm glad they included extra medals. Why 3 though? Or is one meant to go with Chewbacca? Gold Leader/Dutch looks great. Though the chinstrap makes the helmet look sorta bulky. He'll make a good body for a better Luke: X-Wing figure. The Tie Fighter pilot looks sweet. And hopefully they'll resculpt the Imperial Gunner and Death Star Trooper soon. And agreed that the face looks a bit off on Antilles. But the figure is great, everything I wanted in the figure.

I think the final versions will look better. These are clearly prototypes, you can tell by some of the off elements on Dodonna and Antilles especially. As for the Star Destroyer wave, I think there is room for improvement on Bossk. Just look at sculpting on Bo Shek's spacesuit. I bet he'll kick the original Bossk's arse. But I wonder what figure #4 in the Star Destroyer Wave will be. Death Star Trooper or 4-Lom would be nice. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aceguide
11-19-2003, 12:34 PM
These all look incredible. Very nice to see Hasbro returning to the superior POTJ style sculpts. Here's to hoping for more incouraging pics soon...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2003, 12:49 PM
These look pretty good. Some of them are goofy-lookin', though. Why would Dodonna have three medals? Antilles just looks dumb. They should've given the regular Rebel Trooper a removable helmet, but not him. The TIE Pilot was kind of unnecessary, seeing as how they release one with every TIE Fighter. But oh well.
Can't wait for Admiral Ozzel!!!

Billy_Dee_Binks
11-19-2003, 12:53 PM
The strap on Dutch´s helmet makes him superior to nearly every previous released rebel pilot. What bothered me most about PotJ Pilot Luke was the fact he was missing it.

The TIE Pilot is great as well since we finally got the differnet helmet. I think you can see the helmet being worn by only very few Pilots in the Saga: When Vader tells the two Pilots to come with him into battle at the end of ANH and the two running pilots as the Death Star is going down in RotJ.

Antilles really looks kinda like this cliché kid character in Revolution that saves the day after the Commander got taken down by the Sentinals.

AmanaMatt
11-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Ok, all of these figs look quite good - I do not like seeing Antilles made into a fig at age 10, but the overall detail is quite excellent.

Ok, love the new Tie Pilot - getting a pilot fig so early in the Hasbro run was a shock to me back in, what 1996(?) so I was shocked to see this on a list again, and from the look of the detail of the fig to the articulation, I will buy one for each bad guy ship I have - I hope the sculptor that sculpted this did the new Dengar, 'cause I want him to rock, as the original fig was awful. I cannot wait for the new Dengar, having all the Bounty Hunter together in my collection looks off due to the suckfest that was Dengar 1.

A new Bossk?!?!?!??! Ok, this better severly rock the house, as a new 4-Lom would have made much more sense.

Banthaholic
11-19-2003, 01:27 PM
The detail on Gold Leader Dutch, is remarkable. It's funny how they can get a 5 second charchter done so well, then miss the boat on major charchters. I hope they make more Rebel Pilots in the future.

Dodonna, is everything I hoped he would be when I voted for him last year. 3 Medals? Maybe they're hinting that Chewie might get one in the '04 DVD releases? Or maybe they're just made of cheap plastic and break easy so they gave us 3, who knows...

As mentioned above Antilles face is off a bit, but the detaail in his outfit is done real well.

As for the Star Destroyer Wave, I'm just glad we got the confirmation officially on Admiral Ozzel. I'm glad Hasbro's choosing to release all these face charachers in '03. Is Madine next?

plo koon 200
11-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Gold Leader and Doddonna are amazing. What the hell happened to Antilles. If this is how the figure will really look, I will be bitterly disappointed. Now that they have shown a picture of him I wonder if they can start the next Fan Choice.

bobafett07728
11-19-2003, 03:17 PM
The new figures look great! Dodanna is LONG overdue, but the wait looks worthwhile. Dutch. . . looks REALLY sweet! Can't complain about getting more pilots, either. TIE pilot. . . I didn't think we NEEDED him, but he looks great so. . . why not? Antilles. . . looks. . . well. . . I need some more pictures before I lose hope. I'm sure he'll look great with his helmet ON, but right now, he looks kinda silly. Can't wait for more detailed pics!!!!

Kidhuman
11-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Looks good, but Antilles looks like a girl. I thought it was a new Leia.

DarthBrandon
11-19-2003, 03:58 PM
They all look great except for Captain Antilles, he looks like a kid/child/female, nothing like he should. I look forward to them all especially the Tie Pilot, and Gold Leader (great amy builders here). 2004 is looking good so far, can't wait for the next preview.

bobafrett
11-19-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm loving it! Finally some figures that are getting their due! Yes, thank you Hasbro! (I'll be flat broke by next spring, great)

mista_carrot
11-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Perhaps I am in the minority but I HATE the old TIE pilot figures and this new one looks sweeeeet! Now THAT is a TIE fighter pilot! I'm lovin this whole wave.

DarthBrandon
11-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Perhaps I am in the minority but I HATE the old TIE pilot figures and this new one looks sweeeeet! Now THAT is a TIE fighter pilot! I'm lovin this whole wave.

Yeah, I think the reason why I don't like the old Tie Pilot is because of the wide stance that prohibits the figure from standing up properly.

JEDIpartner
11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm really excited about the coming year and this preview is another reason why. I'm not sure as to the three medals Dodonna comes with but at least they are there. Perhaps he will use them for other Rebel heroes in your EU playtime! :)

The TIE Pilot is great. Simply amazing, actually. It's about time they got this one right. I'll gladly pack away the one that came with the K*B TIE Fighter in favour of this one!

Antilles... not bad actually. Are there many reference shots of him when he's not being choked for us to say this is just not right? I can't honestly recall what he looks like without bugged out eyes and three hands around his neck! ;)

Nice work on Dutch. The sculpting and accessorising on the flight suit makes this the best Rebel pilot yet!!

As for the forthcoming Bossk... I was kinda seeing this with the recent packing of Bossk in the Unltimate Bounty set. VERY cool!! Give us a new Zuckuss and a new 4-LOM and I'll be set!!!

Jargo
11-19-2003, 04:42 PM
Anyone saved the larger versions of the pics from the hasbro site? Their java is all screwy and won't open the orphan windows for me. SW.com always post smaller images, I'm surprised Binks hasn't posted the pics here, Oh well java will die next year so there'll be none of these problems anyway.

As far as the figures go I have to say Dutch looks really camp and limp wristed, Antilles looks like he's auditioning for the lead in a Disney flick about a redheaded freckled geek.
Dodona is okay for an old man figure and the TIE pilot just looks like a TIE pilot. Can't really see any changes other than a pair of new legs. woo.

Still, better than action features and gimmicks eh?

LTBasker
11-19-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure as to the three medals Dodonna comes with but at least they are there.

Probably got'em in the gift shop and they were having a buy two get one free deal. ;) Maybe this means we'll get new Ceremonial figures? A new Ceremony Luke of this quality would kick.

Anyways on the Yavin wave. This kicks butt, they're all great and the removeable helmet for Antilles is awesome! Can lead to some great customs for the POTJ/Saga Rebel Trooper figs!

Dodonna's really done nicely, even better than Rieken, I'm glad he's got some articulation in his arms at least.

Gold Leader's pretty cool, I can't believe they put that much detail in him. The helmet's kind of small but overall not bad.

The TIE Pilot kicks butt, the body would be good for articulated versions of the POTJ/Saga Imperial Officers we got since they were just flight suits as well.

One thing I like most about these is the blaster for Dodonna, Gold Leader and Antilles! They actually look like regular scale versions as the Rebel Troopers' versions were too small and the POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper's rifles was too large. About time we got good scale versions. Unless it turns out Gold Leader and co. are really small...

evenflow
11-19-2003, 07:43 PM
I am pumped for these figures, but i do think it is a boring assortment. Just my opinion. The General does look way too young.

TheDarthVader
11-19-2003, 08:01 PM
I like all of them. Great, now I will be out more $$$$. That tie fighter is sweet, too bad he is not the one that will be with my two KB tie fighters.

Turbowars
11-19-2003, 08:44 PM
Hasbro, you get 2 thumbs up, but Antilles looks like a ugly chick. Right on Hasbro!!! 04 is looking mighty fine.:) I know that 3rd metal is for Chewy. Lucas did the poor hairy guy wrong and here's how he repays him.

Turambar
11-19-2003, 10:57 PM
These look awesome to me! Can't wait! The star destroyer wave sounds great, too. I'm glad to see they're redoing bossk -- hopefully more accurate this time.

InsaneJediGirl
11-20-2003, 07:37 AM
Great figures:)I can't wait to pick these up.Dodonna looks great,as do Dutch and the TIE Pilot.Antilles looks a little odd,but one the helmet is on the figure will hopefully look better.

darthzirock
11-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Doesn't Antilles look an awful lot like the kid that won the Hasbro ultimate collector contest, Andrew Sherant (sp?)?

colinmarsh00
11-20-2003, 12:04 PM
well i guess i'm in the minority but the tie fighter pilot doesn't jump out at me as any more exciting than the series of ones we've gotten with all the ships thus far. more articulation i guess.

the others looks really nice though the face on antilles doesn't seem based on what we see in the movie, i'll have to watch again i guess.

as for 3 medals - one is for chewie. in fact i think i vaguely remember that at some dorky movie awards ceremony chewbacca was brought on stage to receive his medal since he didn't get one in the film. i'm fairly certain i'm not making this up, but that's always possible.

fishyfett
11-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Saw the Yavin Four. First thing that struck me is, "Princess Leia??? In a fleet trooper outfit???" :(

Dodona: cool. Where's Madine????? :cool:
Gold Leader: Another orange-clad figure w/ a different head. yay. :rolleyes:
TIE Pilot: OK. But really unnecessary. :confused:
Antilles: Hey, maybe he's the real twin, not Luke!!! :D

Beast
02-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Just a heads up, for those that haven't even found the Jabba's Palace Wave. But the Yavin Wave is out now also. It includes General Jan Dodonna, Captain Antilles, Tie Fighter Pilot, and Gold Leader: Dutch Vander. As well as Elom is shipping in this case. Coolness. :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=46236

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Lord 0498
02-04-2004, 06:28 PM
as for 3 medals - one is for chewie. in fact i think i vaguely remember that at some dorky movie awards ceremony chewbacca was brought on stage to receive his medal since he didn't get one in the film. i'm fairly certain i'm not making this up, but that's always possible.

I vaguely remember seeing this as well, so I doubt you're making it up. :p If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure it was one of the MTV Movie Awards from the mid-to-late 1990s. It was the end of some lifetime achievement segment for Chewie.

jjreason
02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
It was the MTV movie awards, and from what I remember they had Carrie Fisher there to present the medal! :D

If these figures are out, things are moving rapidly along. I have't even preordered them yet.

Beast
02-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Also, in the novel....Chewbacca did get a medal. So it's fitting that there be three. Though he didn't get one in the movie. And yeah, he recieved one as a Lifetime Achievement Award from MTV. :)

"She [Leia] placed something heavy and golden around Solo's neck, then Chewbacca's-having to strain to do so-and finally around Luke's."
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Just a heads up, for those that haven't even found the Jabba's Palace Wave. But the Yavin Wave is out now also. It includes General Jan Dodonna, Captain Antilles, Tie Fighter Pilot, and Gold Leader: Dutch Vander. As well as Elom is shipping in this case. Coolness. :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=46236

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksWell I'll be, we haven't even seen these carded until now. Hasbro must have screwwed up for this to happen.lol

DarthBrandon
02-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Nice to see these carded, thanks for the info Banthaholic.

Hellboy, if you see this post can you hook me up with these babies twice (X2) :D Shoot me a P.M. bro.

TC & Peace

Beast
02-05-2004, 12:36 AM
For those with checklists, here's the numbers and names. I sent the info into Steve and JT, so hopefully they'll update the checklist thread soon. But for those that can't wait, here you go. :)

[#12] General Jan Dodonna: Battle of Yavin
[#13] Gold Leader - Dutch Vander: Battle of Yavin
[#14] TIE Fighter Pilot: Battle of Yavin
[#15] Captain Antillies: Tantive IV Invasion (Fan Choice #5)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthQuack
02-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the checklist JarJarBinks.

-Matt

Kidhuman
02-05-2004, 10:24 AM
JJB, what wave is Tanus Spijek in? I thought he was supposed to be in that wave.

Jayspawn
02-05-2004, 10:46 AM
kidhuman, Tanus Spijek is in the Jabba's Palace wave which is starting to show up.

Means that the Big Man Jabba himself should be showing up shortly.

Beast
02-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah, Tanus Spijedk shipped in the Yavin IV wave. Because J'Quille shipped in the Jabba's Palace Wave. Because they use the same basic body, they shipped them seperatly. Like they did with the Dignitary and Lt. Faytoni and Achk-Med Beq. I didn't list him, because we have the full list in the Checklist post including him. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14662

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks