PDA

View Full Version : TRU Jedi multipack (merged)

droidekas2
11-20-2003, 04:52 PM
Here's a picture of the Toys R Us exclusive Multipack of Jedi Warriors. They changed the Nikto Jedi but the others are the same.

I dont think the lightning will hold up, it will probably droop.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2003, 05:01 PM
God, I was seriously hoping this set wouldn't pan out. This is even worse than the Ultimate Bounty Set! Whoop-de-doo, they painted the Nikto's arms brown. This makes Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan worthless, same as POTJ Saesee Tiin (unless he comes with a green saber). I just don't know about this.

Sidiously Darth
11-20-2003, 06:34 PM
I would have a hard time buying this 4 pack except for the fact that I would want the containment field. You could always try to trade or sell of the stuff you don't want.

That's what I did with the extra Boba Fett, Bossk & Aurra Sing from the Ultimate Bounty 4 pack. All I wanted was the swoop and IG for customizing. I already had Aurra and was able to recoup most of what I spend on the 4 pack originally.

Turbowars
11-20-2003, 06:35 PM
No way it's worth 20 bucks. The Packaging is worth more than the figures.:rolleyes:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-20-2003, 08:22 PM
I have the Ploo Koon, Nikto Jedi and CC Obi-Wan, but never opened them, so I'll end up getting this.

LTBasker
11-20-2003, 10:17 PM
No way it's worth 20 bucks. The Packaging is worth more than the figures.:rolleyes:

Yea really, they put a heckuva lot more planning into the packaging alone. True Nikto's different, but what schmoe can't buy a Nikto, remove the outer cloak and paint his arms? That's about $1 for the paint supplies at Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

Somethin that would've made CC Obi-Wan better is if they had a clear stand for the droid and him to be put on for "flight".

Let's see, 3 of those figures can still be found in what, $3 bins? And POTJ Saesee wasn't a holy grail either. If anything that's worth $10 for the modified Nikto and the prisoner thingy. But that's it.

JediTricks
11-20-2003, 11:20 PM
This reminds me an awful lot of the way Hasbro pumped out those Batman 4-packs before they lost that license.

keithfite
11-20-2003, 11:28 PM
I like these sets TRU puts out. They're good times. It would be nice if hasbro put some more unique or new stuff in them. But all the accessories that come in these packs are cool. I like the detention thing and the nikto. I figured they would just flat out put nikto in it. But I like what they have done. Did any of you think plo koons clothes seemed more red than the original? These sets are cool. I also like they are so easy to find.

darthzirock
11-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Oh man, this set bites! The previous three sets were decent enough, although I've yet to pick up the Hoth assortment--waiting for the pack-out with Han's Tauntaun to come back in. That containment device looks flimsy as all aitch-ee-double hockey sticks! And we get magnet-hand Obi-Wan again? I think I'll save my $20 for a few extra McQuarrie Concept Troopers!

bobafrett
11-21-2003, 12:00 AM
I really want to get all the sets, but after seeing this booby prize, I think I'm going to pass on it. What did they do, pull the peg warmers and dump them in a bigger box, and add a containment field? Big Deal, Come on Hasbro, surely you can do better...............

Banthaholic
11-21-2003, 12:19 AM
I'm glad that Hasbro is releasing the Jedi containment unit. I was hoping for one since the day I saw EP2.
Plus we can do an EU scene with Aurra Sing (sp) in it, just ike the DH comic.
At first I was a bit upset about the choice for figures, they are bad choices! Although upon thought, it's the same type of set as the Bounty Hunters, many bought it purely for the swoop. While I do feel there will be less people that will purchase this set. Although I will be one that gets it.

LTBasker
11-21-2003, 01:32 AM
This reminds me an awful lot of the way Hasbro pumped out those Batman 4-packs before they lost that license.

Very true. A few of the 4-packs were joys because they came with never before seen figures in some of'em (Alfred, Commisioner Gordon, Talia Head, The Ventriliquist and Scarface puppet). However so far only the Hoth and Imperial packs have been very promising, and even the Hoth pack wasn't all that new like the Imperial pack. This can go several ways, they can run it into the ground, or they can actually make something unique. I wouldn't of even minded if they had just heads and such around with Saesee, Plo and the Nikto, but CC Obi-Wan?! What did the Coruscant chase have to do with the containment piece and the other Jedi? That's just a lame blow there. They could've put an AOTC Obi head on a TPM sculpt and repainted it and it still would've been more original...and better depending on the sculpt. :p

I feel like I can't say enough how lame this is. The box is practically empty of anything unique.

JEDIpartner
11-21-2003, 08:01 AM
I'm glad that Hasbro is releasing the Jedi containment unit. I was hoping for one since the day I saw EP2.
Plus we can do an EU scene with Aurra Sing (sp) in it, just ike the DH comic.
At first I was a bit upset about the choice for figures, they are bad choices! Although upon thought, it's the same type of set as the Bounty Hunters, many bought it purely for the swoop. While I do feel there will be less people that will purchase this set. Although I will be one that gets it.
I'm with you there, brother! I'm glad I'll be able to get that containment device. As far as the figures go... I know a kid who's going to get some post Christmas toys. No problem for me there! Sorry 'bout the rest of you! ;)

El Chuxter
11-21-2003, 02:24 PM
This set is pathetic! I'm starting a Dear Hasbro thread to lambast them. :mad:

Edit: here it is: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=294359#post294359.

JEDIpartner
11-21-2003, 03:06 PM
In all honesty... all of the sets have been rather pathetic in some regard.

Imperial forces: Kit bashed AT-ST driver, rehashed Vader, kit-bashed Stormtrooper, E-web cannon, new Imperial astrodroid.

Ultimate bounty: Reissued 300th Boba Fett, reissued Aurra Sing, reissued IG-88, reissued Bossk (the last two with sub-par paint application) and Aurra's swoop.

Battle of Hoth: Split Belly Taun-Taun, reissued Hoth Luke, kit-bashed Hoth Leia, Snowbacca, new astrodroid.

Jedi Warriors: Obi-Wan w/ASN droid, kit-bashed Nikto, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Geonosian containment device.

The only ones really worth getting due to the number of "new" items were the Hoth & Imperial sets.

It's kinda sad, really... still, my "nephew" has been getting the "tossaways" from these sets and he is thrilled. It's working out in my benefit and his if not anyone elses...

:rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
11-21-2003, 04:53 PM
This jedi pack is the worst multi-figure set ever!! Why can't hasbro just package the containment device and sell it for like $2.99. Can you imagine how many they'd sell!!? We don't want these other figures, most of us have them or passed on them already. It is just another way for Hasbro to milk us for another quick $20. I am not buying this...I don't even care about the fact that I need the Geonosis containment device. NOT THIS TIME, HASBRO!!

jedi-cpa
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
STINKS!!! :frus:

All stinking repacks except for the nikto jedi. And the packin stinks too.

Ugh. A freekin blue lightening prison thingy. Big deal.

Yuck, I am so disappointed.

:mad:

Beast
11-24-2003, 09:17 PM
There's already a thread of complaints about it, my friend. I sense something, a merging I've not felt since... :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22139

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BoShek
11-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Yea really, they put a heckuva lot more planning into the packaging alone. True Nikto's different, but what schmoe can't buy a Nikto, remove the outer cloak and paint his arms? That's about $1 for the paint supplies at Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

Somethin that would've made CC Obi-Wan better is if they had a clear stand for the droid and him to be put on for "flight".

Let's see, 3 of those figures can still be found in what, $3 bins? And POTJ Saesee wasn't a holy grail either. If anything that's worth $10 for the modified Nikto and the prisoner thingy. But that's it.

Ok LTBasker, what paint color matches Nikto? I have tried a lot of colors.

Hellboy
11-24-2003, 09:57 PM
This set is pretty sad. I won't have a problem passing this one up, containment device or not. :zzz:

LTBasker
11-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Ok LTBasker, what paint color matches Nikto? I have tried a lot of colors.

Pick one and paint the rest of him that color, nobody said you have to paint as little as possible.

Banthaholic
02-02-2004, 11:02 PM
I got this bad boy in the mail today.
I must say, I've very impressed with how it looks boxed. It is actually in a box, as opposed to the previous TRU 4 packs which were just covered in cardboard around a few edges.
I'm glad they decided to use the Nikto's Jedi's name on the back of the box.
This isn't everyone cup of tea, although having a jedi containment device is a cool benefit.

Turbowars
02-02-2004, 11:06 PM
You ordered this thing? TRU has them in numbers, that's if you live near one.

Banthaholic
02-02-2004, 11:18 PM
You ordered this thing? TRU has them in numbers, that's if you live near one.
No I actually bought it new off of ebay shipped for $22. Considering with tax it's run me $21, and the nearest TRU is an hour from me, I got a decent deal.

Turbowars
02-02-2004, 11:28 PM
No I actually bought it new off of ebay shipped for $22. Considering with tax it's run me $21, and the nearest TRU is an hour from me, I got a decent deal.Cool, that's what I was thinking about, the shipping cost and if you lived close to one. To bad the box is nicer than the figures.:stupid: