PDA

View Full Version : Photo Upload Feature

SirSteve
12-01-2001, 08:13 PM
Come one everyone! Let's upload a picture of yourself! Just go to your User CP under Edit Profile to upload a picture of yourself!

master jedi
12-01-2001, 08:30 PM
It seems like we're the only two to do it so far.

SirSteve
12-01-2001, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
It seems like we're the only two to do it so far.

Looks like it. Was your photo take at SW Celebration in Denver?

Boba Rhett
12-01-2001, 09:18 PM
Yes it was. In fact, I think I'm the one that took it. :)

bigbarada
12-01-2001, 09:42 PM
Someday, maybe, who knows?

(actually the character in my avatar is based on my own face just slightly distorted):o

Jargo
12-01-2001, 10:48 PM
So if you upload a picture and the icon appears by your name, does that mean as a logged in member you can view your own picture by clicking on the icon, or does the icon not show to yourself? Only asking cuz I had uploaded a picture but i can't see an icon so i can only assume that what i said is the fact or someone deleted my pic. I know my face was obscured but it wasn't a bad pic. Anyone...?:crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
12-01-2001, 10:48 PM
I always thought that was the gray hulk back when he was a Vegas Enforcer..Mr. Fixit. Oh well, live and learn...

And I hope you aren't offended. I'm not saying you look like the hulk...oh nevermind...:confused:

Rollo Tomassi
12-01-2001, 10:50 PM
And what's the point of posting your picture if you're just gonna cover it up with a smiley face or a Yoda??

bigbarada
12-01-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I always thought that was the gray hulk back when he was a Vegas Enforcer..Mr. Fixit. Oh well, live and learn...

And I hope you aren't offended. I'm not saying you look like the hulk...oh nevermind...:confused:

Actually, my old squad leader used to say I just got off the set of Planet of the Apes, so I think I'm beyond being insulted about the way I look.:)

Here's the full-size version of my avatar:

bigbarada
12-01-2001, 10:57 PM
BTW, Jargo, I clicked on your profile and your photo isn't there anymore. Maybe you did something wrong when you uploaded it? Imagine that.:p :D

Jargo
12-02-2001, 09:52 AM
Okay, got it sussed. I uploaded a picture without the potato over my face. I'm taking a big risk here what with all the adoring fans I'm likely to get pounding on my door from now on....... :rolleyes:

The photo comes from a little while back.... like way back in the last century....sometime in the late eighties....... or possibly early nineties. I'm too chicken to use a current one.:p

SirSteve
12-02-2001, 10:18 AM
Those that uploaded their picture a few months ago have to upload it again. (yes, it did get deleted by accident but that won't happen again)

As for the reason for uploading a pic with something covering the actual face well, I had to test the feature and I have to keep the mystery going...

:D

Rollo Tomassi
12-02-2001, 10:30 AM
I'm going to keep up the mystery by not putting up a picture. Although if I had a scanner or any kind of digital camera system, I would...

El Chuxter
12-02-2001, 12:33 PM
I've been trying to find one particular picture of myself to upload--once I find it, you can all gaze upon my visage and fear me! :Pirate:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-02-2001, 06:42 PM
I have never had a photograph taken of me, so I can't do it. But, I have made several self-sketches, most of which resemble dsylexic crossword puzzles drawn in the dark, over ancient contour maps of Nepal.

Or something like that. :eek:

GNT
12-03-2001, 12:00 AM
Hey EMPEROR JARGO,if that picture is really you,then you look like(highlight to read) Lex from Survivor Africa :) .

Jargo
12-03-2001, 08:20 AM
I have no idea who you're talking about GNT. I never even saw the British version to be honest although I've caught glimpses of this international one showing now. But just who in the cats nipple is this person you spake of? :confused:

master jedi
12-03-2001, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve

Looks like it. Was your photo take at SW Celebration in Denver?

Yes it was. Boba Rhett did take the photo like he said.

GNT
12-04-2001, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I have no idea who you're talking about GNT. I never even saw the British version to be honest although I've caught glimpses of this international one showing now. But just who in the cats nipple is this person you spake of? :confused:

His from the American version :) And has a beard like yours in the show(which he doesn't have in the following photo)But you look the same, no doubt about it :)

Photo (http://a1732.g.akamai.net/7/1732/121/9ec951056e65bc/cbsimages.cbsig.net/primetime/survivor3/images)

SirSteve
12-04-2001, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by GNT

His from the American version :) And has a beard like yours in the show(which he doesn't have in the following photo)But you look the same, no doubt about it :)

Photo (http://a1732.g.akamai.net/7/1732/121/9ec951056e65bc/cbsimages.cbsig.net/primetime/survivor3/images)

The link is bad...

GNT
12-05-2001, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
The link is bad...

So it is,thanks for noticing that Steve :) Try

here,now. (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/survivors/bios/lex.shtml)

bigbarada
12-16-2001, 11:12 PM
I have finally allowed myself to be photographed....or allowed myself to photograph myself...or...um....ahhh just look at my stupid picture!!

Jargo
12-18-2001, 01:00 PM
Ahhhhh! Now I see what you're on about. I guess at a quick glance there is a passing resemblance in one or two shots of this Lex person. Although he's older and more grizzled than me. Of course I still retain my youthful beauty..... :D