PDA

View Full Version : When are we gonna get a red OOM-9?

seanmcfripp
11-22-2003, 11:08 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there was a red OOM-9 (battle droid commander with the yellow highlights) in the arena battle. And if I remember correctly, he got smoked by a deflected blaster bolt that Mace shot back at him while running along. Seeing that in AOTC made realize my droid army is a bit, well, leaderless. I know Asajj and Durge are supposed to be leading the droid army, but I say we need a red version of OOM-9. Hasbro should release a new army builder pack with two regular battle droids and an OOM-9 with binoculars. I imagine that would sell quite well. Or throw a blue-shouldered battle droid pilot in the pack too. I need official pilots for my tanks.

Okay, what I'm really trying to say is that I'm addicted to army-building. There, I said it. I'm just trying to come up with excuses for Hasbro to make new army-builder packs, is that so wrong? But seriously, an OOM-9 would be cool.

Beast
11-22-2003, 11:16 AM
The red commander droid can most clearly be seen, when Mace does a backflip type of manuver over one of them. I believe it's right after he leaps down from the Arena's box. But as for when we might actually get one? That's a good question. He's shown up on quite a few wishlists, since people first noticed he's not just a basic BD.

Probably about the same time we get a decent Pilot Battle Droid you mentioned. I mean seriously, we're still waiting for a carded one of those from TPM. The crappy one from the boxed set doesn't count. I don't know about army builder packs for them though. I'd rather see them single card them, atleast in the case of the Pilot Battle Droid.

They could even pack the Pilot version, with one of the Trade Federation PK droids. Those little droids that go walking by in the background of the scene on the Trade Federation ship, and also on the battlefield cleaning up destroyed droids. Hopefully Hasbro will address all three of these droids as figures in the future. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-22-2003, 04:18 PM
The more droids the better. Hasbro does a pretty good job on them, but lets forget about flying R2.:D

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 04:36 PM
I am glad I never saw that R2 figure because I hate to pass stuff up, and I dont want him.

As for the red 00M-9, I would love to see one made.

Battle Droid
11-25-2003, 01:17 AM
A carded Pilot Battle Droid is long overdue, and so is a Commander Battle Droid resculpt. (the redish one would be great)

Also if they make the PK Droid all they have to do is make the head since they've already got the body mold. (SP-4's body is the same as the PK's)