PDA

View Full Version : please advise this online shopping virgin

Devo
11-22-2003, 11:59 AM
I saw that KBtoys headline about the price reduction on the Imperial shuttle and thought 'great. it will at last be mine'. Excitedly visited the site only to discover that they don't ship internationally-that rules out Ireland then. Can anyone recommend a reliable online shop that'll ship to Ireland, that has either the shuttle or the TIE bomber at nice prices? I looked at Brians toys but the shuttle is vastly more expensive there than at KBtoys.

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 01:30 PM
I dont shop from online retailers to often. You might wanna check Ebay since most people ship internationally at your expense. Might also wanna check Kebco and Brians Toys, links are on all pages, but not quite sure if they do or not.

amidalak
11-22-2003, 01:39 PM
if you know someone in the states that you have traded with and is reliable, have it shipped to them, and then have them ship it to you.

bobafrett
11-22-2003, 02:52 PM
I'd love to help you out, but my credit cards are near capicity, I've even had to pass on some items, including the deal on the shuttle.

Turbowars
11-22-2003, 02:56 PM
I saw that KBtoys headline about the price reduction on the Imperial shuttle and thought 'great. it will at last be mine'. Excitedly visited the site only to discover that they don't ship internationally-that rules out Ireland then. Can anyone recommend a reliable online shop that'll ship to Ireland, that has either the shuttle or the TIE bomber at nice prices? I looked at Brians toys but the shuttle is vastly more expensive there than at KBtoys.Check out Entertainmentearth. They ship world wide I believe.

Devo
11-23-2003, 02:01 PM
thanks. I'll consider Entertainment Earth, its cheaper than brians toys so it appears. Don't think Kebco have the shuttle I'll check again. Its my brothers card i'll be using so he's looking for assurances that these are all reliable. If they're sanctioned by this site I suppose they are. Has anyone ever had particular hassle with any online store, late deliveries etc?

Turbowars
11-23-2003, 04:57 PM
thanks. I'll consider Entertainment Earth, its cheaper than brians toys so it appears. Don't think Kebco have the shuttle I'll check again. Its my brothers card i'll be using so he's looking for assurances that these are all reliable. If they're sanctioned by this site I suppose they are. Has anyone ever had particular hassle with any online store, late deliveries etc?Most of the time Online store like EE and Kebco are great! The only time something gets delayed is when Hasbro doesn't ship to then on time. I'd say stick with these two stores. They are big outfits and they take care of business.

Devo
11-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Thanks again. Though it turns out I won't be using Entertainment earth either. Shipping to Ireland worked out at about fifty Euros and at that price it couldn't be tracked and the estimate on time was up to 6 weeks. Found an online store closer to home popcornlive.co.uk and have emailed them to clarify that they have the shuttle and what it'd cost to send it across the water. Annoyingly they've read the email but not responded just yet. I WANT AN IMPERIAL SHUTTLE DAMMIT!!!! JUST ONE!!! ONE IS ALL I ASK!!! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHGGGGHHHHHH. alright?

plasticfetish
11-25-2003, 05:44 PM
if you know someone in the states that you have traded with and is reliable, have it shipped to them, and then have them ship it to you.
That's not a bad idea ... if you can get someone to do it. USPS charges (checked online) $35.05 with $150 insurance added to ship Airmail Parcel Post to Ireland (4-10 days.) Kind of blows the sale price though.

RussUAE
11-27-2003, 03:17 AM
I used www.R2dtoys.com for my shuttle in the UK. Seems to have gone up in price from over the summer to GBP109, with another GBP17 to Ireland. So prob no cheaper than anywhere else now.

Otherwise www.thetoyshop.com is usually pretty good for Star wars stuff. I see they have it at GBP100, with shipping GBP14.95 to Ireland.

Good luck - my shuttle was worth it.

Devo
12-05-2003, 08:43 PM
My luck was indeed good. Went ahead with popcornlive.co.uk and it came to 114 which equates to a fair bit in Euros but I expect it'll be worth it once I open this MAMMOTH OF A BOX!!! I ordered it on Tuesday, got confirmation of shipping on wednesday and it arrived on thursday. This pleases me. Christmas day now seems very far away. And this thing is too big for under the tree. Thanks again for all your support in my endeavour. :D :D

Jargo
12-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Damn, wish I'd read this earlier. I have a spare one you could have had for eighty quid. Ooops.