PDA

View Full Version : Endor Wave For "O4" Including General Madine

Turbowars
11-23-2003, 12:50 AM
This is rumored at GH and RS, but it makes sense to me. Here's one Wave Hasbro may have in store for us OT lovers next year. Endor Han (resculpt), Chief Chirpa, Female Ewok with Woking and General Madine. These will be welcome in my collection, how about yours? I'd also like a new Scout trooper, a nice new Super Articulated Stormtrooper, Endor Leia and Luke to go along with these. I'm sure if the new Deluxe figure stick around we will probably get a deluxe Catapult with Ewok and maybe C-3PO with Thrown chair.

Beast
11-23-2003, 12:58 AM
Well, Han: Endor Gear appeared on Swami's list. As did a Deluxe Ewok 2-pack with captapult. And Hasbro mentioned Chief Chirpa as well as a Female Ewok w/ Wokling last year at one the conventions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sentinel18725
11-23-2003, 09:05 AM
As much as I hate the Ewoks, we need more of them. We have so many jawas, that are all non descript, but how many 4 ewoks? Keep them coming.

Beast
11-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Other rumors are popping up, here's what I've seen:

Death Star Wave:
Death Star Trooper
Han Solo: Stormtrooper Disguise
Luke Skywalker: Stormtrooper Disguise
Sim Aloo (Vintage Dignitary)

Bespin Wave:
Cloud Car Pilot
Princess Leia: Bespin Gown
Lobot

Dagobah Wave:
Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Fatigues
Yoda
R2-D2: Dagobah

Coruscant Wave:
Pablo Jill: Jedi Master
Senator Yarua: Wookie Senator
Sly Moore: Palpatine's Aide

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
JJB, I hope those rumors are true! Those waves seem perfect! I have been waiting for a Bespin Leia (on single card) for a very long time. I am excited about finally getting her! (I never bought any of the leia collection figures).

Regarding Madine, female ewok, cheif chirpa, and endor han I am especially excited about the female ewok and madine. We have needed a general madine. Can't wait to pick these up (if they're true) :D

Beast
11-23-2003, 07:31 PM
I hope they are also. Some of them appeared on the Swami's list for 2004, earlier in the year. And he's been right about Hasbro's 2004 plans so far pretty well. Here's his GH news posts, from another thread. :)

Swami Sez: New Star Wars Toys For '04!
10/12/2003 12:51:22 PM | Reported by Mike

Our Galactic Swami foresees good things in the future for Star Wars toys in 2004. Ready your wallets, because if you're a fan of the Original Trilogy, then you'll be spending plenty of dough indeed! Swami also tells us that the emphasis for 2004 are collectors and MAX articulation. Believe in the power of the Swami!

Basic Figures

Craving more Imperials for your collection? How about a first ever issue of Admiral Ozzel and a new Imperial TIE Pilot with improved articulation! If you've been wanting more characters from The Empire Strikes Back, you'll be happy to know that a long wished for Cloud Car Pilot, Leia Bespin Gown, Lobot, Dagobah R2-D2, and a new sculpt of bounty hunter Dengar are also planned.

Rounding out the OT figures are a Gold Leader X-Wing Pilot and a new Han Endor.

From the Prequels come new figures of Palpatine's aide Sly Moore, the Wookiee Senator Yarua, and duck-billed Jedi Pablo Jill.

Reissues of previously released figures are also to be continued. Now dubbed the "Hall of Fame" series, expect some form of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia.

Ultra Figures

For those who love those furry creatures with attitude, an Ultra Ewok 2 Pack with Catapult is planned. Another set from Return of the Jedi featuring B'ommar Monk and Bubo are also in the works.

Vehicles, Exclusives, and the Rest

The Sandcrawler is coming to Target. But Swami sez you already knew that. But did you know that Target will also carry Star Wars drinking glasses packed with exclusive figures? Sounds like a neat concept.

A new TIE Fighter with more accurately scaled wings as well as new colored versions of the Y-Wing and X-Wing (Gold Leader) will be dogfighting as an exclusive for a retailer.

Multi-packs to be released include themes from Naboo Final Battle, Pit of Carkoon, and Jedi Council (with Shaak-Ti).

Another large 12" exclusive for Kaybee is also planned with the same pricepoint as the Gamorrean Guard...more details to follow.

The Swami hopes you enjoyed this little sneak peak into the Galactic crystal ball. Swami wants to remind everyone that although we should all believe in the POTS (Power Of The Swami), nothing is guaranteed until Hasbro officially announces them!

Swami Sez: More '04 News!
10/16/2003 11:00:33 AM | Reported by Mike

The Swami has received more messages from the plastic netherworld. The Spirits! The Spirits! The Spirits of toys past return in the Hall of Fame series, and Sami sez you can have it your way at Target stores with the return of classic Burger King glasses.

Galactic Swami begins our seance with these case breakdowns for early '04:

84715 00A (LATE JANUARY) HALL OF FAME SERIES
1X HOF CHEWBACCA
1X HOF R2-D2
1X HOF C-3P0
1X HOF OBI-WAN KENOBI
1X HOF ANAKIN SKYWALKER
1X HOF STORMTROOPER
1X HOF YODA
1X HOF DARTH MAUL
1X HOF PRINCESS LEIA
1X HOF DARTH VADER
1X HOF LUKE SKYWALKER

84715 00B (DATE TBA)
1X GENERAL DODONNA
1X CAPTAIN ANTILLES
1X ADMIRAL OZZEL
1X DENGAR
2X BESPIN PRINCESS LEIA
2X CLOUD CAR PILOT
2X LOBOT
1X TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1X GOLD LEADER

84715 00G (DATE TBA)
1X GOLD LEADER
1X TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1X GENERAL DODONNA
1X ENDOR HAN SOLO
2X SLY MOORE
2X CORUSCANT PABLO JILL
2X WOOKIE SENATOR
1X R2-D2 (DAGOBAH)
1X CLOUD CAR PILOT

From Swami's previous reading, you already know that the Hall Of Fame assortment are reissues of previously released figures, which Hasbro designates in this all star line up for being one of the better interpretations for these key characters in the saga.

Swami foresees that in 2004, Target will receive 3 different sets of vintage Burger King glasses, which come with a packed in figure and accompanying base.

Also coming to Kaybee stores will be an exclusive 12" ARC Trooper!

Once again, Swami warns that the Hasbro spirits can be fickle indeed. He keeps seeing the words "Products and colors may vary". But Swami is confident in his powers, especially with a daily ritual of burning annoying pegwarmers in a funeral pyre to please the collecting gods! Believe in The Power of the Swami!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-23-2003, 08:17 PM
All these figures would be nice. We seriously need all of them (no one really needs any of the Star Wars figures, but you know what I mean). The resculpts are good choices and the new ones are too.

Turbowars
11-23-2003, 09:08 PM
From all these lists, I like all of the figures, but Jill. Jedi just bore me.:zzz: On RS these rumor lists are creating hysteria in the forums. Members are getting all bent that these list are showing up and are being taken as 100% true. I think it's kind of fun to speculate whats coming and what's not. Anticipation is the best part. After I get a figure I'm put it away and ask for more.

jad
11-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Yeah! This would be a very welcome wave. The 02 Endor Han was a pretty big dissapointment, for me atleast. The only thing that really made the figure fun to me was the suction detonators. I have all my figures using those accessories. It would be great to have an endor han with a nice camo trench coat. More ewoks are also great. But what excites me most is the possibility of getting General Madine. Thats one of the few Vintage figures that has not yet been remade. Does anyone have a list, since i'm on the topic, of the figures from the vintage line that have yet to be remade?

Turbowars
11-24-2003, 12:18 AM
JJB where's that list, I know you have it or know where it is. I thought there's only a handful left anyways.

Banthaholic
11-24-2003, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't mind an Endor wave.
I'd really love to see more Ewoks. The rumored catapult set would be a good idea, hopefully they'll release a throne fro 3-P0 as well. Heck I'd love to see a new village, although playsets never seem to make it.

Madine would be a great choice. The vintage one just doesn't do the character justice.

Beast
11-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Which list, what where? I posted the ones that I know of from the various lists from Swami, to the other ones that are popping up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BoShek
11-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Yes! Great waves!

Turbowars
11-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Which list, what where? I posted the ones that I know of from the various lists from Swami, to the other ones that are popping up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksThe list Jad asked for about 4 posts before this one. The list that shows which vintage figures haven't been remade yet.:D

Beast
11-25-2003, 12:06 AM
Ah, ok. Lemme remember here. This is all, including some that are really nitpicky. I may have missed one or two. :)

Star Wars:
Death Squad Commander (Grey ones with helmets)
Death Star Droid (Since he was really a Silver RA-7)
R5-D4 (Sorry, can't count POTF2 abomination)
Power Droid (Vintage Blue one based on Beru's EG Droid)

Empire Strikes Back:
AT-AT Commander (Vintage based on Veers - AT-AT one generic)
Bespin Security Guard (Black)
Cloud Car Pilot
Dengar (ESB version w/ Backpack)
Rebel Soldier: Hoth Gear (Brown Vest versions)
Imperial Commander (The POTJ version isn't the tunic version)
Princess Leia: Bespin Gown

Return of the Jedi:
Chief Chirpa
General Madine
Klaatu (Palace Outfit)
Lumat
Paploo (The AT-ST one don't cut it)
Warok

Power of the Force:
Sim Aloo (Vintage Dignitary
Romba

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Here's some more, some have been mentioned
Star Destroyer Wave
Admiral Ozzel
Dengar w/ backpack
Bossk
Deluxe Vader w/ meditation chamber

Bespin Wave
Bespin Leia
Lobot
Cloud Car Pilot
Bespin Dining Room Vader (formerly CDRom Vader)

Battle of Endor Wave
Han Endor w/ trenchcoat
General Madine
Chief Chirpa
Female Ewok w/ Wokling (this one is hard to believe)
Deluxe Ewoks w/ catapult

Dagobah Wave
Dagobah Luke
Dagobah R2
Dagobah Yoda

Death Star Wave
General Tagge (using same body as Admiral Ozzel?)
New Luke in Stormtrooper disguise (Luke and Han use same body?)
New Han in Stormtrooper disguise
New Death Star Trooper (better articulation?)
Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo (this is the vintage dignitary)

Cantina Aliens Wave
Feltipern Trevagg
Bom Vimdim
Elis Helrot
Bannis Keeg
Hem Dazon
(these are probably from the cancelled Cantina screen scenes that were rumored earlier this year)

Jabba's Palace Wave 2
Jabba's Palace C3PO
Bib Fortuna
Oola
Hermi Odle
Weequay
(I don't know if these are rejects from the existing wave coming out, or if Hasbro really plans to release them later on)

Rumored Prequel figures
Jocasta Nu
Sly Moore
Mas Amedda (Ep2 version I assume)
Pablo Jill
Stass Allie
Senator Yarua (Wookiee senator)
Rabe (Ep1 Handmaiden)
Queen Amidala Celebration Gown (from Ep1)

plo koon 200
11-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Holy smokes that is an incredilbe list. I hope it is true, especially the CDRom Vader. The Cantina Wave also sounds good. Glad to hear about the Ewoks. I have always wanted the Celebration Gown Padme. I thought it to be her best dress out of all of them.

kool-aid killer
11-29-2003, 02:20 PM
I just want more Ewoks, i dont care if they make a mold and paint him every color possible. I need an army of them. The catapult sounds good. I would like it if they reissued the old tree house too. But i like what i see on the list and hope they come true.

plo koon 200
11-29-2003, 06:16 PM
I hope that second Jabba's list is not a reject list. I sure could use Hermie.

JediCole
12-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Hermie Odle would be great, if that list is true. As would all of the Cantina aliens listed (I am silly for aliens). Hopefully any new Weequay would represent the OTHER one from the skiff (the driver who wore the quilted tunic). I am glad to see General Madine surfacing on lists, as we would finally have the members of my (long ago) proposed "Rebel Generals" Cinema Scenes set. As for Pablo Jill, I say the more Jedi the better. I thought it was kind of funny that the Swami called this Jedi duck-billed. On screen when I saw AOTC in the theatre, Pablo Jill looked duck-billed. In fact I thought perhaps this Jedi was of the same race as pod racer Ark "Bumpy" Roose. In fact, this character has one of the most unique mugs in the Star Wars universe since "Hammerhead"! I had a Page-a-Day calendar of Star Wars characters that had a nice shot of Pablo Jill and I was quite surprised at the kind of upside-down face that this Jedi sports! And though during the classic run, I got kind of sick to death of Ewoks, I find myself wanting more and more these days (perhaps due to how few exist in the contemporary line). Paploo definitely needs a remake with his own sculpt, not just an existing body with a new head and hat! A female Ewok with Wokling is long overdue.

As for things not on the list, R5-D4 is a no-brainer that is far too long overdue. A new Power Droid (Gonk) or two would be nice. Something akin to the vintage version as well as one of those from Echo Base with the odd little additional bits on top. We also need Daultry Dofine (after all, he did have lines) and the Nemodian pilot with the curious headgear who's name escapes me. Mos Eisley Cantina, perhaps the richest source of unusual characters apart from Jabba's Palace is still terribly underutilized. And we need a standard Cloud City Security Guard which can be rereleased with different heads/ethnicities. The POTJ one is nice, but why the open jacket? I've yet to spot the precident for that look on screen. Finally, if Hasbro insists on a Hall of Fame, why not give us Ephant Mon again! He certainly has the distinction of being one of the fastest selling characters in the entire line!

Beast
12-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Here's some more figures that are supposedly on the list for 2004. It comes from Trade Federation, who was pretty good on their list for 2003. Again, take it with a nice grain of salt. Or a salt lick. But they've been right about figures in the past. :)

What's next???
Posted by Jimmy on 02-Dec-2003 at 03:14 PM (EST)

We know you've been overly anxious to get some new news... and we hope this small but cool list will tide you over for a little bit...

A reliable source close to the Fed has sent us in a list of supposed up and coming figures...

And they are...

Luke Endor
E3-P0
Cloud Car pilot
Bespin Leia
Ewok (we assume Chief Chirpa as mentioned before)
Death Star Trooper (although listed as "officer")
C3-P0 with knee articulation
Luke in robes from medical frigate

Some we have mentioned in the past from another very reliable source, while others are brand new and never mentioned thus far...

We'll definitely look more into these and find out which will actually see the light of day.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Silent Chazz
12-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Wow. Endor Luke? Lets hope its a soft goods poncho. I hope this is true.

Beast
12-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Looks like 2004, will officially be the 'Year of the Luke' if they all get done. :)

Luke Skywalker: Hoth Gear
Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace (Jedi Knight)
Luke Skywalker: Holographic
Luke Skywalker: Stormtrooper
Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Training
Luke Skywalker: Medical Frigate
Luke Skywalker: Endor Gear

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
12-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Luke Medical Frigate:) :) :) That is awesome. I also want E-3P0.

Where are the Vaders? I wonder if they will finally make that ultimate Vader for the 500th figure.

Banthaholic
12-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Looks like the swami is at it again
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2062&zoneid=2

Beast
12-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Yay for Swami. For those that don't wish to follow the links. Here's the article. Hope he's right with his predictions, he's been spot on so far. Hopefully we'll get the Luke: Endor and Leia: Endor also. :)

Swami Sez: Endor Or Bust
12/4/2003 4:27:23 PM | Reported by Mike

Yah wah, eee chop yah wah...which translated from Ewok means Power! We Got Power! (Or was that a tune by KMFDM?). Well, we gots Swami power baby! And he's got a small update for you straight from the Forest moon of Endor!

Many of you already know a couple of these items from the last reading, but the Galactic Swami sees more details in the form of a "Battle Of Endor" wave coming out later in 2004.

HAN SOLO (Battle of Endor)
While there was a 2002 version released, perhaps this one will now include an overcoat with more articulation and less action feature. Anyone care for a "Rebel Roast" figure with the Ewok version of the George Foreman grill? Yes, we hope so too.

GENERAL MADINE (Battle of Endor)
The Battle of Endor's chief tactician, with a wicked combed over toupee', has been absent from the modern line since the vintage version warmed pegs in the Kenner era. Swami looks forward to the updated Crix, with comb over intact of course.

LANDO CALRISSIAN (Battle of Endor)
Billy Dee! Billy Dee! Billy Dee! Stylin' and profilin' in his General's togs, the smuggler turned administrator turned Rebel Commander is immortalized once again, sans the bulkier POTF2 Apollo Creed muscle, and hopefully a better likeness and sculpt.

ULTRA EWOK 2 PACK WITH CATAPULT
Swami already mentioned this set from a previous reading, but he thought to mention it once again, since there are a lot of Nub Yubbers in the hizzouse. We haven't had a catapult since the vintage years, and with the recent Ewok Revival movement, Swami thinks this is a good thing. Yes, we adore our Ewoks...because we love. (Vintage catapult shown in photo)

Many of you have witnessed the Power of the Swami through the few predictions already confirmed by the Hasbro gods. But with great Swami power comes great responsibility, and Swami reminds everyone that nothing is official until the Big H SEZ SO.

More Swami news coming soon...so stay tuned!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks