PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 Vehicle Toys! (spoiler warning - limited to ship discussion though)

Tycho
11-23-2003, 05:23 AM
I am thrilled with the Episode 2 vehicles and those they've put out in the Clone Wars line. Star Wars toys were always so exciting because of all the ships the figures could use. Can you think of a more complete and diverse toy line with it's own fleet? Only GI Joe compares!

So what will we get for Episode 3? I had some ideas.

1) Republic AT-TE Walker. At Comic Con, Hasbro even said that if it's featured in Episode 3 at all, it will be the large vehicle for 2005. They want to make it!

2) New Jedi starfighters - the cross between the Jedi Starfighters, A-wings, and TIE Fighters that we're seeing in the spoiler pictures.

3) IG-2000? If the IG droids are appearing in the CW cartoon, perhaps they'll be used in Episode 3? This would be very cool!

4) Clone Fighters? I'm sure they were created for the cartoon, but Lucas might decide he likes them, like he liked Aayla Secura from the comic books.

5) Z-95s? The predecessor to the X-wing fighter, it is purely EU at this stage, but what will the Separatists be using for ships in E3? They'll have to use more than droids if they are even going to come close to winning, so their live pilots will need to fly something.

6) The Clone Walker (like the open-top ATST) seen in spoiler drawings

7) The large Spider Droids seen first in AOTC - it would be about time!

8) MTT as seen in TPM - if the Seppies are still using these and it's featured. If it's to scale, it would doubtfully come the same year as the AT-TE, or supercede it.

9) A WAY offscale Tantive IV for Bail Organa's ship? (geeze I hope not. I built one for Leia in ANH, and the smallest off-scale I'd accept it at was 5 feet long. That let me have my RFTs fight my stormtroopers in the hallways, and have an escape pod for R2 and 3PO. Now Michael Fright's famous one to exact scale had to be hauled around by a semi-truck - it should've held 400 action figures on 4 decks).

So the hero vehicles are pretty well fleshed out and easily guessed. It is really the Separatists that are going to need something new. What do you think it'll be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me see:

AOTC had

1) Jedi Starfighter
2) Slave-One
3) Republic Gunship
4) Anakin's speeder
5) Zam Wessel's speeder

so at least most of the list above (for E3) could be made for a movie year.

Turbowars
11-23-2003, 09:29 PM
I can't wait and see how the slick ships, turn into junk yard customs.:D

Tycho
11-23-2003, 10:14 PM
I was thinking about that actually. You know, we might see Y-wings with all the parts on them. Perhaps they don't even look like Y-wings, but when you strip them down, then they do?

Turbowars
11-23-2003, 10:35 PM
I was thinking about that actually. You know, we might see Y-wings with all the parts on them. Perhaps they don't even look like Y-wings, but when you strip them down, then they do?Hey, well that's an idea. All the chrome shields are removed for some reason and they look all squarishy. Lucas gets away with another one. :stupid:

Battle Droid
11-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Bail Organa's Red Coruscant Speeder

mark2d2
11-24-2003, 04:38 AM
You know, in a wierd way, I would totally love them to try to release the Tantive IV even though it would be MASSIVELY off scale. . . It could be interestingly done if it were, say, the size of The Queen's starship from Episode I.

I also think that it would sell well because of the OT connection. . .