PDA

View Full Version : Jar Jat corrupting America's youth?

LusiferSam
11-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I'm know this is a joke and a bad one, but check this story about Jar Jar (http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0899/jar.html) corrupting America's youth. Be warned you may be offended.

James Boba Fettfield
11-24-2003, 09:55 PM
My suspicions have finally being proven true. :eek:

Beast
11-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Yes, it's a bad joke. An insanely bad one. It pops up every so often, and some people take it as real. By the way, just a warning. This will probably be closed/deleted. Because some of the things that site talks about, arn't appropriate for an all ages site. It happened with the last time it was posted here. Because Steve could get in trouble with nosy parents groups. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
11-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Didn't Michael Jackson try out to play Jar-Jar?

And with his current issues.. :crazed:

Kidhuman
11-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Stupid article. Geez

plo koon 200
11-25-2003, 08:57 AM
What gets me is that some people really buy this BS. This is a report from a church. This is almost as bad as an article I read where it stated Star Wars was racist because James Earl Jones provided the voice for Vader when he was evil and when the mask was taken of of him and he turne good there was a white person underneath, resembling that white people are good and that black people are bad. I really get sick at this stuff. No one who is right in their mind thinks crazy stuff. Another question how the heck did a kid get a life-size Jar Jar toy. Those cost around $500-$1000 of e-bay. I bet his mom won it or something. I know they can't be talking about the cardboard version.

James Boba Fettfield
11-25-2003, 09:18 AM
If you look around the site, I think it's safe to say it's a joke site. LusiferSam even said so in his post about it being a joke.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-25-2003, 12:19 PM
That Jar Jar thing was odd, I remember the one about the tongue lollipop looking like something else. That one was funny. That site sure has some crazy crap. :D

plasticfetish
11-25-2003, 06:05 PM
What kids are getting life sized figures as gifts anyway?

Yes, it's a bad joke. An insanely bad one.
I don't know about "insanely" bad ... that may be pushing it. As absurd as it is, and yes obviously the whole site's a joke (there is no "Freehold" in Iowa which is where their "church" is located) I'd have to say it's kind of funny. But, yes ... a little too blue for this club.

bobafrett
11-25-2003, 06:40 PM
And this comes from a church that has an advertisment for a "What would Jesus do" thong. That seems appropriate..........not.

Turbowars
11-25-2003, 10:41 PM
My god, it's just fun and games. I do wonder why someone would bother to take the time to write it. It was funny and I do hate Jarjar,so what ever. I think I'll get my wife a pair of those Tongs,:crazed: If there's something inappropriate, it's this Smile ":o". I mean what's up with that?:evil:

LusiferSam
11-26-2003, 12:17 AM
I hate it when I finding typos after I've posted. Any way I did say it was a joke and that you maybe offended by it. And I knew I was taking the chance of this thread getting closed when I posted this, but it brought a smile to my face so thought I share it.

jeddah
11-26-2003, 05:35 AM
I thought it was funny. Dumb, but funny. The thing that made me laugh more than the story was the caption under the picture. That was so funny. :D

I agree Turbowars, too many "taste police" on these forums, taking the moral highground as usual

jeddah

mabudonicus
11-26-2003, 08:59 AM
Awww, really, Jeddah, they're only doing what's best... personally I'd rather put the "offensive" stuff on sites I wouldn't mind seeing sued out of existence.... SSG IS a fairly high-profile site ;) and the country it is "broadcast" from is extremely litigious... I wouldn't want to know that a link to some "questionable" site got the servers confiscated for "investigation" or something.... not razzin you, jeddah, I don't like authority much either, but if you look at some of the wacky possiblilties, you can see where they're coming from..... let the staff at rotten fight it out in court, let the staff at SSG keep the content rolling (and enforcing the 2-in-12 rule in bouka threads:))

Jar Jar..... I liked the bit Letterman did with Jar Jar on the BBQ, that was funny......

I find it funny how many obscure things get blamed for "corrupting" people.....
Saying that a (for the most part) reviled, stupid character would influence anyone (ESPECIALLY anyone who even matters) is just funny....

I should start a campaign about how "Ice Pirates" made me lose faith in capitalism... anyone know any good quack lawyers???

jeddah
11-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Hellooooo :)

Awww, really, Jeddah, they're only doing what's best... personally I'd rather put the "offensive" stuff on sites I wouldn't mind seeing sued out of existence.... SSG IS a fairly high-profile site ;) and the country it is "broadcast" from is extremely litigious... I wouldn't want to know that a link to some "questionable" site got the servers confiscated for "investigation" or something.... not razzin you, jeddah, I don't like authority much either, but if you look at some of the wacky possiblilties, you can see where they're coming from.....

I agree that a site should not be compromised, my comment was more to do with the zeal and personal enjoyment that certain members take at telling other people they're wrong, sick, bad citizens. Afterall, opinions are opinions, and a little like ars- (oops edited for taste) :D ;)

jeddah

Turbowars
11-26-2003, 04:42 PM
LOL Jeddah, you da woman.

mabudonicus
11-27-2003, 11:17 AM
I didn't ask YOU for a response, Jeddah ;)

Seriously, though, the whole idea of something "corrupting" someone, as far as the mainstream media goes, is a fun concept, it falls in line with the trend of abdicating all personal responsibility that seems so popular these days (the number of ridiculous lawsuits one hears about proves this), even going back to when Judas Priest, as a BAND, had to stand trial for somehow causing those kids to attempt suicide (with an album that was several years old at the TIME, for crying out loud)
If I may refer to a political figure :) for a sec, I always thought that Clinton should have blamed Barry White when he was in all that hot water...... "Your honour, my client had been listening to Barry White all afternoon, he woulda done ANYTHING that smooth, soulful voice told him to.... he was, at that time, carrying out the will of Mr.White, and no longer acting of his own accord"
Think that woulda worked??? After all, there is a lot of evidence that the mellifluous tones have controlled a lot of situations.... I think it would have at least been funny, if not more likely than the Judas Priest "connection"

And as for taste police.... I dunno, no-one ever says much to me.... guess being on so many "ignore" lists DOES have its priveledges:D (man, I don't think I've ever spelled that word before)
Now, if you'll excuse me, meesa goin for da middle mornin munchie

jeddah
11-28-2003, 05:50 AM
I didn't ask YOU for a response, Jeddah ;)

<snip>If I may refer to a political figure :) for a sec, I always thought that Clinton should have blamed Barry White when he was in all that hot water...... "Your honour, my client had been listening to Barry White all afternoon, he woulda done ANYTHING that smooth, soulful voice told him to.... he was, at that time, carrying out the will of Mr.White, and no longer acting of his own accord" <snap>

:p plplplplp :D well yah got one, innit! Now, you had to bring in the Barry White defence didn't you, knowing that I'd be powerless to contradict!

And as for taste police.... I dunno, no-one ever says much to me.... guess being on so many "ignore" lists DOES have its priveledges:D (man, I don't think I've ever spelled that word before)

No, I don't think you have either :p ;) . Privileges is something white folk should know how to spell! Anyway, as far as ignore lists go, they're a funny thing. I've learned much from people for whom I have no respect and not matter how I may dislike someone, I wouldn't ignore them because they may have an area of expertise that I don't, and I'd hate to miss out on a choice post from them. If I am on anyone's ignore list, well, so be it. I won't lose any sleep, and I figure it's their loss :)

jeddah

2-1B
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, it's a bad joke. An insanely bad one. It pops up every so often, and some people take it as real. By the way, just a warning. This will probably be closed/deleted.

I don't think it needs to be closed.

General_Grievous
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Who's Jar Jat?

2-1B
01-12-2008, 06:30 PM
The Man of Scat, Jar Jat

jediguy
01-13-2008, 10:00 PM
WOW!
I just read and reread that article
whew! it's funny and scary
more scary than funny
those religious fanatics can turn anything into the work of the devil

my take on Jar Jar was that he is a character to inspire acceptance and tolerance
I feel that GL put him there to remind us that the world is full of different kinds of folks, some annoying and some not
we need that kind of diversity in the world
different is good!

that article got it ALL WRONG

Jar Jar's presence is one of hope; he is not one of the 4 horsemen of the apoclypse