PDA

View Full Version : SSG Fan Vehicle Choice - Which do you want produced?

SirSteve
12-02-2001, 11:10 AM
SSG Fan Vehicle Choice - Which do you want produced?

This is an old poll from our old format.

mark2d2
12-19-2001, 06:55 PM
Man, I thought more people would have found this poll interesting...

For me, it's the Sand Crawler. Hands down. I don't even expect a new mold or anything. Just retool the orginal remote control release and call it a day. (Better paint, and maybe a cooler looking droid vacuum tube thingy.) A more accurately scaled one would be WAYYYYYYYYYY too big for practical display purposes anyway.

I'm really hoping the (unsubstantiated) rumors floating around the net about us getting a Sand Crawler as an Episode II release are true. That's one large vehicle I'd snap up in a heartbeat.

Wolfwood319
12-19-2001, 07:05 PM
The hell with it.

Release them all, that's all I want. No more figures, just vintage vehicles redone and be done with Star Wars.:crazed:

Tycho
12-20-2001, 02:09 AM
I'd totally go for the Sailbarge first - think of all the characters you can display on it!

The Sandcrawler is my runner-up for the same reason.

I have a vintage shuttle now, but never did as a kid, so I know why you guys want one so bad. I'd actually buy a second one if they produced it so I could hang the new one from my ceiling (with Han and Chewie flying it "casually")

I would buy 3 Twin Pod Cloud Cars, but I think it will get made anyway, as they have the mold and it's not too elaborate.

I also want the Sith Infiltrator (and a Gungan Sub), plus more Pod Racers, but the Classic Trilogy vehicles take a priority for me and the Sub is my first pick for an E1 vehicle as I need it for a diorama I want to do underwater).

Obi-Don
12-28-2001, 06:56 AM
I want them all to,but where in the world would I put them? I know I would find a place.

GNT
12-28-2001, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I'd totally go for the Sailbarge first - think of all the characters you can display on it!

display on it? More like displaying your figures inside of it would be better :)

InsaneJediGirl
01-15-2002, 09:22 PM
I would like to see a Sandcrawler first,then a Imperial Shuttle
for those who werent alive back in the day or missed out on it.

A drawback with creating the Sandcrawler though is that it
would be way to small for the action figures,then it would look
funny on display with the 3 3/4 figs.

SithDroid
01-16-2002, 12:34 AM
I'd have to go with the Sandcrawler. Perhaps they could make it large enough to not look stuoid with the figures. Then I'd have to say the Shuttlecraft.

InsaneJediGirl
01-19-2002, 10:32 PM
I heard recently that Hasbro is considering to re-release the Imperial Shuttle.Now,lets all hope they do it,an the figures fit in.

Tycho
01-20-2002, 01:02 AM
JediGirl: I have 2 Imperial Officers seated in my vintage shuttle and they look great! If Hasbro uses the same molds (which I'm sure they will), the ship will turn out fine.

I'd consider buying another to hang from my ceiling (wings open in all the ship's elegance) and turn it over to Han and Chewie's capable piloting.

I also plan on using my Djerrik Champion Chewie, as he'd look as if he were "Just flying casual." :happy:

Wooooof
01-20-2002, 01:25 AM
I would definitely pick the Imperial Shuttle. I've wanted it forever.

The Sandcrawler would be a nice second choice, as it would make a really cool carrying case for a bunch of figures too.

Jabba's Sail Barge I am a little more skeptical about, especially given Hasbro's policy towards using softer, more bendy plastics. Would the sails begin to droop over time? Probably, given how my TIE Interceptor sits lopsided after only a few months of display.

browndroid
01-26-2002, 06:29 PM
IMPERIAL SHUTTLE BABY!:D i dont know, i just like how they look...

Battle Droid
01-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Mines not on there, I say the MTT.

Tycho
10-06-2002, 04:45 AM
This poll closed a long time ago. I am about to do a new poll, with some of these choices.

First, let's reflect on this poll:

2 of our choices, the Imperial Shuttle (now available for order) and the Jawa Sandcrawler are actual product realities now. The Sandcrawler will be made available in 2003.

I felt that 3 of the choices still had a lot of merit being in the poll - especially Jabba's Sailbarge, seeing as how demand for it was represented fairly highly - and only 2nd to the Imperial Shuttle.

I'm going to add a couple vehicles to the choices in this poll and re-run the poll with all non-confirmed ships - one from each movie.
I've tried to pick the most popular suggestions. These will be the choices:

TPM - Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator
APTC - The Clone Army's AT-TE walker
ANH - The Imperial Landing Craft
ESB - The Twin Pod Cloud Car
ROTJ - Jabba the Hutt's Sailbarge

While rumors of the Cloud Car being released next year are abundant, it is likely but not yet entirely confirmed.

Meanwhile, as you're voting for brand new molds of large items, keep in mind whether you are buying the Imperial Shuttlecraft at $125 from FAO Schwartz. A Sailbarge or Imp Landing Craft could easily cost as much, no matter who the retailer is.

I did buy the shuttle, awaiting delivery in December. I'd also buy the Sailbarge somewhere around this price range. I love all the different figures you can use with it!

I really need AT-TE's - possibly 2 of them, for my Battle for Geonosis display from the Clone Wars. However, I think it will likely cost less, and not quite be to full scale to the figures when produced as a toy.

However, that's why I'd take it for granted we'll get this vehicle. It's visually just unrefusable. So I'd still vote for the Sailbarge.

The landing craft is seriously cool, but never played the most integral part of any film. I still hope to see it made, it's just not my priority.

As to the other choices from each film:

ANH - the Blockade Runner to the scale I built my custom one would cost the retail customer at least $250, Hasbro once estimated after having viewed mine.

ESB - the Rebel Transport or Nebulon-B Frigate (medical ship) are also possibilities we haven't seen yet. They could replace the Cloud Car in the choices, but then there will be very little at a reasonable price range.

TPM - the Gungan Submarine would be larger than the Sith Infiltrator toy, but anti-JarJar feelings, along with the ship being the only water vehicle produced, might make it a less popular choice than the likely cheaper Infiltrator that only needs to hold one figure. The MTT is another possibility, but demand for Maul's affordable craft is probably still the highest for TPM.

AOTC - the mobile laser cannon walkers are also very cool, as it the Republic drop ships designed to carry AT-TE's into battle. But the AT-TE is the front-runner from this film that's not yet produced. The Hailfire Droid, the Geonosian Fightercraft, and the Spider Walkers (large and small) are already just about solidly confirmed for 2003, so they need not be polled for. Padme's transport ship remains a lower-priced possibility I'd still like to see eventually - so long as it seats 4.

ROTJ - a Mon Calamari cruiser would be quite a large vehicle and out of most ordinary price ranges. An Ewok glider almost counts as a Deluxe Figure. With the shuttle being made, I think Jabba's Sailbarge is the way to go with this movie. I'm sure it has the highest demand.

What do you guys think about the choices for the upcoming poll?

Beast
10-06-2002, 02:59 PM
I suggest going with the Bongo anyway. The Sith Infiltrator always has more of a chance of getting produced one day then the Sub. The Bongo would be a great toy, likely an exclusive though. They can toss in 3 modified E1 figures as pack-ins. A Soft Goods Jar Jar Binks (using the POTJ mold), Soth Goods Obi-Wan w/ Cloth Cloak (using the E1 mold), and Soft Goods Qui-Gon w/ Cloth Cloak (using the E1 mold). :)

All the rest of the choices sound fine, though I would suggest maybe going with somthing other then the Cloud Car. Since rumors are showing that it's highly likely that the Cloud Car is in the cards for 2003. Of course, Target has passed on it for 2-3 years straight. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Why not have a few choices from each movie, or have a vehicle poll for each movie?

Tycho
10-06-2002, 04:43 PM
Steve wants one poll.

We want to poll for the most likely vehicle from each movie.

The Cloud Car still needs some votes to push it over the edge. Really Target needs to see the poll results for a Cloud Car more than Hasbro does. It's easy for Hasbro to make this ship, though firing two well-hidden red missles (one from each pod) would be a cool addition to a modern toy!

I'd say the Gungan Sub could be polled for, but I'd wait until after we have a Sith Infiltrator confirmed. Hasbro wanted to do the Infiltrator but hasn't been able to justify it yet. It would be a lower price point, and our poll should offer that since a Landing Craft, Sailbarge, or AT-TE would be really expensive.

I think an Infiltrator would run between $30-40, while the Cloud Car should be between $20-30.

AT-TE - $80. Jabba's Sailbarge - $100 - 150. Imperial Landing Craft $100 - 150 as well.

Just a guess. Some of our guys don't like vehicles over $50.

No one likes the price, but the question is really: "would you pay that much to get this ship?" Certainly I would!

Beast
10-06-2002, 04:49 PM
How about doing a poll, between the Gungan Bongo and the Sith Infiltrator. And then whichever wins include in the vehicle poll?

I doubt that the AT-TE would need to be $80. It's similar in size to the gunship, and could be done for a decent price of around $50.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar binks

DarthBrandon
10-06-2002, 04:58 PM
I would like to have a Rebel Blockade Runner and I think Hasbro could do one justice for about $75.00 to $100.00 dollars instead of the $250 like Tycho Suggested. I also think that it could be made just a tad smaller than Tycho's and a tad bigger than the vintage Rebel Transport ship. I would love to see a Sith Infiltrator and I could care less about the sub as it's just not my bag. I also think if they can make the Sailbarge someday, then they can make a Blockade Runner as well, just my opinion on this matter.:D

JediTricks
10-07-2002, 11:09 PM
I would much rather have a Gungan Sub than a Sith Infiltrator - nothing happened with the Sith Infiltrator except Maul got out of it; the sub had tons of screentime and lots of action & dialogue.

Beast
10-07-2002, 11:21 PM
*Gives JediTricks a Klondike Bar for supporting the Gungan Sub cause.* :D

Just like JT said. While I would like them to make both, the Sith Infiltrator does nothing in the movie. The sub is cool, and is involved in alot of scenes. Plus they could make it like those old Ninja Turtle vehicles and make it actually float. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks