PDA

View Full Version : Is R1 sculpted to the correct height? What's up with R2's Tray?

Turbowars
11-25-2003, 06:39 PM
He seems a bit small to me. Oh and I guess the rumored Jawa pack in was just a rumor. R2's Tray should have came with clear Glasses or with some color and it looks too small.

Beast
11-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Nope, I checked ANH after seeing the pictures. He's just a bit taller then C-3PO. So he looks to be about the right height to me. And apperantly yeah, the Jawa pack-in turned out to be incorrect. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Cool, I'm happy to hear that. Where did the Jawa rumor come from? Was it GH's Swami?

Beast
11-25-2003, 07:06 PM
Here's a good picture for scale. No C-3PO, but we have Owen and some Jawas. R1-G4 is just a bit taller then Owen Lars, so the figure looks to be pretty accurate if you ask me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Cool, I'm happy to hear that. Where did the Jawa rumor come from? Was it GH's Swami?
The Jawa rumor actually comes from KebCo. They had Jawa w/RiG4 listed in their pre-order list. So a lot of folks put 2 and 2 together. That the R1-G4 would come with a jawa, myself included. Sadly, twas not the case. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Here's a good picture for scale. No C-3PO, but we have Owen and some Jawas. R1-G4 is just a bit taller then Owen Lars, so the figure looks to be pretty accurate if you ask me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksI wonder if R1's antenna extends out like in the film?

bobafrett
11-25-2003, 07:11 PM
This is one droid I hope isn't as hard to find as the damn Ephant Mon was in my area. I've been waiting for an R1 to be made for a long time!

kool-aid killer
11-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Sad to hear we wont get another Jawa, but now i want the little green domed droid in the photo. How did Uncle Owen pass on that guy?

Turbowars
11-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Sad to hear we wont get another Jawa, but now i want the little green domed droid in the photo. How did Uncle Owen pass on that guy?I was thinking the same thing. It would be awesome if Hasbro gave us a 3 pack including, the Green droid, Mining droid and either the Treadwell or R5.

Jedi Tech
11-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Don't know how big he or she's supposed to be but he/she looks awesome, same with Luke and R2, I'll be buying all three of these with the exception of R2 and R1, might pick up two of them each.

JediTricks
11-26-2003, 12:50 AM
I wonder if R1's antenna extends out like in the film?
I thought that was the sandcrawler crane lowering him down.

Beast
11-26-2003, 12:59 AM
As for the drink tray on R2-D2 Turbie, I'm not going to complain. The tray looks pretty accurate. And while clear cups on the tray area would have been nice, it's better then not having the figure come out at all. Finally, another 12" figure that was never made in the 3 3/4" line has been released. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
11-26-2003, 10:18 AM
I must say R1 looks fantastic, he might end up being next years FX-7. The detail on this guy is remarkable.

Jargo
11-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Yeah R1 is attached to a winch by electromagnetic hook up. That thing molded onto his head is innaccurate. His head is a dome without the 'thing' hasbroken have sculpted onto it. Owen Lars would be as tall as the yelow strip round R1's head judging by how far forward he is in the pic JJB provided. C-3PO is a tad smaller than Owen. Or should be.

R2's tray looks crappy to me because it's made of bendy cheapo plastic by the looks of it. If it had been made from rigid plastic it probably would have looked fine but no they went and cheaped out yet again so it's all bendy and will likely be warped in the blister like most of the accessories these days.

Beast
11-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Well, the antenna appears to be a seperate peice anyway. If so, it should be easily removed for those of you that perfer the figure without it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
11-26-2003, 12:30 PM
I am excited about getting both of these! R1-G4 at last! We have waited for so long and Hasbro finally made one. :D

Turbowars
11-26-2003, 04:46 PM
And while clear cups on the tray area would have been nice, it's better then not having the figure come out at all. Jar Jar Binks Man, now you sound like my mother.;)

CrossWizard
11-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Well you could always borrow some glasses from the Cantina Sets or the "Deathsticks selling guy" and put them on R2's tray.

BTW when exactly is this wave supposed to start shipping/arriving at stores? I can't wait for the Jedi Luke.

Beast
11-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Here's some nice loose pictures, just follow the links:

Preview: Tatooine Wave (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2031&zoneid=2)

Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=3216)

R2-D2: Jabba's Sail Barge (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=3218)

R1-G4: Tatooine Transaction (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=3217)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Well for the most part I like what Hasbro has done. I do a agree with EJ about the use of crappy plastic for the bar set. I mean did you see the thing on R2? It's bent over. The Painted glasses look like crap. The reason I'm so POed about this one, is because Hasbro didn't have to come up with a new R2. All they had to do was make an easy attachment. Couldn't have taken too much time and $$$. I was holding off on doing a custom of this and now I have a good reason to start.