PDA

View Full Version : 4 new Exculsives set for TRU

Turbowars
11-26-2003, 05:14 PM
306040 Exclusive Jedi Council Scene 1 $19.99 - the picture supplied for this set showed the previous Mace Windu screen scene from Episode I, so the contents of this set are unknown

306032 Exclusive Darth Vader Tie Fighter $29.99 - which looks to be a POTF2 version in a window box, shown with Sandtrooper (from army builder set – check out his “bib”) for scale. Interestingly there is a large dead space to the left of the ship – could this house the figure blister, stickers and instructions?

305230 Exclusive Jabba's Palace 4pack $19.99 - the above image shows Nikto, Klaatu, Barada and a new Han Solo sculpt, with a Slave Leia cannon. This set was previously named Clash At The Pit Of Carkoon but is now refered to as Skirmish At Carkoon

170936 Exclusive C-Wing fighter Red Leader $29.99 - the photo supplied has a Dagobah X-wing in a window box, shown with same Sandtrooper; no wings so we don’t know what special markings it has. Note: C-wing is a Toyr "R" Us spelling mistake.

LTBasker
11-26-2003, 05:31 PM
Skirmish at Carkoon isn't toooooo bad, although they could have recolored'em. The Han figure appears to be the legs from Jabba's Palace 3-D Han and then the torso from COMMtech Han without a vest.

Ugly thing too, they should've given him that Skiff Guard blaster that Jedi Luke's coming with considering he DID use it. I think they should've used a Weequay with new arms and repainted the other Skiff Guards. Not really worth much when it seems like they're just taking the same version of a figure and tossing it in the box.

For the people that didn't find deluxe Slave Leia, the cannon is a good idea. A huge cannon isn't that unwelcomed either way though. :D

I'm curious to see if the Jedi Council set is going to be Mace, Coleman and Shaak Ti council members. If so, let Coleman and Shaak sit while Mace has to stand. :)

Beast
11-26-2003, 05:40 PM
All and all, not to bad at all. And the Red Leader's X-Wing was rumored by the Swami about a month ago. Hate to have to get another X-Wing, but to get Red Leader makes it all worth while.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
11-26-2003, 05:53 PM
JEEZ LOUISE! WHERE ON EARTH AM I GOING TO GET THE MONEY FOR ALL OF THIS!!!?? :confused: Well actually, I am going to pass on the Carkoon set and some other sets if they are mostly re-hashes. I never got a Vader tie fighter so I am tempted by this new one. I will pass on the red leader x wing even though I'd love to have it...oh well, CANT HAVE IT ALL!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Nice!!! I can get stuff i missed like Darth's Bomber. Can't wait to see the C-wing! cheers! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Not sure about the Carkoon Set, but I'll surely get the others. Never got the Darth Vader TIE, so it'll go along nicely with the two Kay-Bee TIEs I plan on getting and the Power FX X-wing. More X-wings are also very good. Why would the Jedi Council have Mace, like someone said? We need so many other Jedi before another Mace. The only Mace we still need is one with an accurate robe with loooong sleeves and can hold his saber to Jango's neck. :)

kool-aid killer
11-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Vader's TIE and Red Leader with his X-wing sound most promising to me. I dont really like the Skirmish set, looks too plain and hastily created. The Jedi council screen scene could work well, but i really dont want another Windu. The other Jedis they include will need to be very good (new Jedi) for me to even consider buying it.

Kidhuman
11-26-2003, 09:51 PM
That jabbas palace set is all I am interested in. The rest sound ok.

Banthaholic
11-26-2003, 11:19 PM
The Jedi council screen scene could work well, but i really dont want another Windu. The other Jedis they include will need to be very good (new Jedi) for me to even consider buying it.
I agree about Mace, although I don't think we'll be seeing any new JEdi in this, since it's Jedi council, and they've released them all. Although it is possible and hopeful for me that they at least put Jedi council members in new sculpts.

Vader's Tie sounds like a good choice. The x-wing could be promising if it includes Red Leader. I'm not really sure what to think about the Jabba's sail set, this really could be alot better. Let's hope for at least some paint changes on the skiff guards.

Turambar
11-26-2003, 11:46 PM
That pit of carkoon set is a major let-down!!!
First of all, I had posted earlier in the POTF2 section about the skiff guards scene because I noticed from examining the file card that the barada & nikto figures have different outfits than the real characters in the picture are wearing. So I was hoping this would be corrected. Actually, I would have liked to see all 5 guards from Skiff #1: Weequay resculpt, Weequay #2 (finally!), human skiff guard (finally!), and accurate versions of nikto & barada.
It would also be cool to see skiff guards from skiff #2 so pote snitkin doesn't get so lonely, and I could justify buying a 2nd skiff.

Turbowars
11-26-2003, 11:50 PM
I don't know guys, they all seem kind of lame. When you really look at it, Hasbro isn't making anything new. The figures and ships are just rehashes. I want something new. Hasbro doesn't spend much at all with this stuff. I guess they think because they pump out some awesome figures, they can drag their feet on the other stuff. More thought is put into the packaging than the figures and ships. I guess if the X-wing is different enough, I may go for that, but these 4 packs need to either go or get better.

jedi master sal
12-03-2003, 09:57 AM
I don't know guys, they all seem kind of lame. When you really look at it, Hasbro isn't making anything new. The figures and ships are just rehashes. I want something new. Hasbro doesn't spend much at all with this stuff. I guess they think because they pump out some awesome figures, they can drag their feet on the other stuff. More thought is put into the packaging than the figures and ships. I guess if the X-wing is different enough, I may go for that, but these 4 packs need to either go or get better.

Geez, Turbowars, what do you want. how many times can Hasbro spruce up the same ship. It makes absolute sense for them to issue a same mold ship, just changing the paint job. And it makes complete sense that they concentrate on the packaging. Some of the money saved from not having to produce a new mold is spent on design of the package. They know all too well that collectors want something fresh, so by giving us a new package even though the toy is virtually the same they can sell these. Take for insatnce the Tie fighter. How many of us got this when it was reissued in the 90's but then again got it in the last couple of months? AT-AT? AT-ST? Imperial Shuttle? Those last three examples are ones where the vintage mold was used but new packaging was made. In the case of the AT-ST this was re-released THREE times. Once in the 80's around the time of RotJ, then in the 90's during the POTF2 run then later, I believe in the POTJ with the Ewok fig (Paploo?). Anyway, why change the design of such recognized ships and vehicles? The packaging is just another selling point to say "Hey, look how cool this will look displayed IN the package in YOUR collection."

As to the reissue of figures, this is not for the hardcore collector persay. Hasbro wants to keep others who have recently started collecting, (whether that be kids, college age folk or adults), collecting more.

Think about it from this perspective. If you just now started collecting SW and didn't have the budget to shop on eBay or go to conventions to by the older stuff AND Hasbro only issued the figures/ships/vehicle once EVER, how long do you think you would stick with it? I think if everyone took an honest look at collecting from this perspective you'd realize that reissues, repack, etc are a neccessity of Hasbro's to ensure the survival of the SW line. More collectors/kids brought into the throng will create more revenue and will enable them to bring us more NEW characters as well.

Yeah, I used to complain about the reissues, etc, but I just don't but everything anymore. I'm a near completist and happy with that.

To sum this up, Hasbro saves money by making reissues, newer collectors get figs they want but don't have to go hunting them down, older collectors have more to collect or can take a break on their pocketbook. Added sales from new collectors/kids (many of which grow up to be collectors) mean dollars for Hasbro, the toy line survives and we all benefit because Hasbro then consinders NEW figs/ships/etc.

Turbowars
12-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Geez, Turbowars, what do you want. how many times can Hasbro spruce up the same ship. It makes absolute sense for them to issue a same mold ship, just changing the paint job. And it makes complete sense that they concentrate on the packaging. Some of the money saved from not having to produce a new mold is spent on design of the package. They know all too well that collectors want something fresh, so by giving us a new package even though the toy is virtually the same they can sell these. Take for insatnce the Tie fighter. How many of us got this when it was reissued in the 90's but then again got it in the last couple of months? AT-AT? AT-ST? Imperial Shuttle? Those last three examples are ones where the vintage mold was used but new packaging was made. In the case of the AT-ST this was re-released THREE times. Once in the 80's around the time of RotJ, then in the 90's during the POTF2 run then later, I believe in the POTJ with the Ewok fig (Paploo?). Anyway, why change the design of such recognized ships and vehicles? The packaging is just another selling point to say "Hey, look how cool this will look displayed IN the package in YOUR collection."

As to the reissue of figures, this is not for the hardcore collector persay. Hasbro wants to keep others who have recently started collecting, (whether that be kids, college age folk or adults), collecting more.

Think about it from this perspective. If you just now started collecting SW and didn't have the budget to shop on eBay or go to conventions to by the older stuff AND Hasbro only issued the figures/ships/vehicle once EVER, how long do you think you would stick with it? I think if everyone took an honest look at collecting from this perspective you'd realize that reissues, repack, etc are a neccessity of Hasbro's to ensure the survival of the SW line. More collectors/kids brought into the throng will create more revenue and will enable them to bring us more NEW characters as well.

Yeah, I used to complain about the reissues, etc, but I just don't but everything anymore. I'm a near completist and happy with that.

To sum this up, Hasbro saves money by making reissues, newer collectors get figs they want but don't have to go hunting them down, older collectors have more to collect or can take a break on their pocketbook. Added sales from new collectors/kids (many of which grow up to be collectors) mean dollars for Hasbro, the toy line survives and we all benefit because Hasbro then consinders NEW figs/ships/etc.Yeah OK, tell me something I don't know. I know all this BS. It's told time after time. I didn't say make a new mold for the X-wing. I said, give us a NEW SHIP, ummm how about a Cloud Car? Oh wait, it will be a rehash also.:sur: Hasbro can do all the rehash they want, it doesn't mean I have to like it right?:D Wow, that sounded like I was mad. I wasn't, LOL. I for one really like a nicely packaged toy. I love the new 12" box. I think it's the best yet. I know Hasbro wants to make money. They don't make this stuff because they think it's fun. It's all about money and that's it. I bet everyone knew that though.:p

mark2d2
12-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Egads, this is not good news. Not at all. . .

Where is my Sandcrawler?

My Cloud Car?

Instead it's just boring --- boring --- boring rehashes of stuff I already have. Stuff that was clearanced out YEARS ago. Indeed, I am very bummed out at the moment.

It just makes no sense. . . I seriously CAN'T see that more people will greedily snap up some pointless Vader's TIE Re-issue over say, a New Cloud Car or Sandcrawler. The logic just escapes me entirely. . .

Seriously. What gives? :confused: :frus: :rolleyes: :sur: :crazed:

JEDIpartner
12-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Wellllllll... I never got the Vader TIE so I will probably get that one but pass on all of the others. I highly doubt that the Jedi Council will actually have new sculpts of any of the previously released Jedi figures. I may pick it up it does... but I don't think it will.

Jaff
12-08-2003, 11:55 AM
If any of these sets have just one figure never made before I'll buy them, however as it stands it looks like I'll pass on all of them. Rehashes just add up to too much money.